Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Been Missing Me?
06/24/12 at 18:32:22

Hi everybody, I'm back. Didn't mean to just disappear but woke up one day a few months ago and couldn't see out of my left eye. It cleared up but I still have a artifact in my vision. Then to add insult to injury the same thing happened to my right eye. Same story, different eye and same outcome. The gel in my eyes had pulled away from the retnas at a couple spots and caused some interesting vision problems. I've some permanent spots along the edge of my vision and figure I have lost about 5% of my overall vision. 50 yard shooting with iron sights is really tough now but I'm still able to tag the bullseye with a little luck. We all adapt to what we can't change. I've got no problem getting a few bruises or breaking something but when things break for no real reason it takes the fun out of it. Angry Enough crying in my beer, I'm back on the road with my '02 and back in the shop.
Peace Brothers,
Ed L.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Been Missing Me?
Reply #1 - 06/24/12 at 18:37:22

I'm back on the road with my '02 and back in the shop.

Thats the good part of the story. Glad it has a decent ending..
What can ya do to protect yourself from that happening again? Drink water?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/24/12 at 18:48:17

Welcome back Ed,...  
... if you throw enough lead, you don't gotta' be that accurate anyway...
Remember Rifleman?... didn't even use sights...
From the hip,... GRRR! Argggg!!... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #3 - 06/24/12 at 18:52:24

It is supposed to be a once is good enough occurance. The strain on the interface between the retna and gel got released all at once and it shouldn't happen again. It didn't hurt any, just gave me a real good scare. The doc told me that there isn't anything that I could of done to prevent it. Once my left eye went he told me to expect the same for my right. At least I didn't tear a hole in the renta when it happened.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 06/24/12 at 19:06:01

Remember Rifleman? I dont hafta remember it,, Its still on,, every day, at 5  at 5"30..
It Was comin on right after Rockford,, but,, suddenly,, Rockford stopped,
Now its Hogans Heroes,, woulda rather had Simon & Simon, or the A team, or the detective in Las Vegas, with the 57 T bird & the apartment he parked it in,,dang,, what was the name of that show?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 06/24/12 at 19:24:27

I like Honeymooners reruns,... 'cause Alice is such a hottie...  Kiss...
I just wanna'...  rip that apron off her... n' have my way her on the balcony...  Kiss...

What?... Huh...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 06/24/12 at 19:29:06

I never did understand how she would up with him,,,

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #7 - 06/24/12 at 20:36:32

"I like Honeymooners reruns,... 'cause Alice is such a hottie...  ...
I just wanna'...  rip that apron off her... n' have my way her on the balcony..."

...Alace? nooo, I liked Trxie!! now she was a hot slice!!!

"To the moon" Alice!!!

"To the bedroom" Trixie!!!

Wheeee... Cheesy

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #8 - 06/25/12 at 08:25:25

Welcome back.. looking at your thread in Marketplace... youve been missed!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #9 - 06/25/12 at 10:00:28

I always liked "The Rifleman" and am still looking for a lever action .22 for cheap. Last find was a Marlin model 60 with the extended clip for $75.00. All it needed was a good cleaning and a little TLC to become a tac driver. Alway enjoyed "F Troop" with the indian tribe "Where the Heckarewee's" and watched Mr Ed a lot, Wilbur's wife was just down right hot.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 06/25/12 at 10:12:20

I used to have a Marlin lever 22... but it really hurt yer' knuckles to run a full brick through it...
I swapped it for a Norinco, Browning SA .22  copy... Very sexy and light.  And I love the stock loading... Great plinker...
super fast golf ball chaser... Wink...

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #11 - 06/25/12 at 11:24:15

I like my little Ruger 10/22 for plinking.  lots o' options for it out there to make it a real good shooter.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 06/25/12 at 12:15:08

Ive got a Henry lever action 22. Its a good shootin son of a gun,,
Ive been in the guts of an SKS & done the trigger on it, a S$W 357 & a 7.62& 54 Mosin Nagant, but when I popped the side off that Henry, I put it right back on,,
Ohh, & I dropped it,, almost 7 feet, onto cement,, broke the tang off the hammer & flattened a part of the back of the receiver,, dang near puked,,but it didnt change the way it works,

Need to be quiet?

http://www.northwestshootersupply.com/aguila22lrsupercolibipowderlessammo50rd...

I can hear the hammer fall its so quiet. My pellet gun is noisier.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #13 - 06/25/12 at 12:29:34

Hey RFW2003, a buddy of mine just picked up a Ruger 10-22 with a 3-9x scope for $200.00 I got to fire it two weekends ago and really loved it, could hit anything it was pointed at. I've an old octogon pump action 22 made by Savage which gets some looks at the range. I don't shoot anything except target and standard velocity rounds in it. Still a lot of fun shooting the old iron.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #14 - 06/25/12 at 13:06:47

Now I wouldn't mind having that rifle Ed.  I love the looks of those old octo barrels

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 17:32:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › Been Missing Me?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.