Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Where can I get a decent inexpensive Tachometer (Read 442 times)
87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Re: Where can I get a decent inexpensive Tachomete
Reply #30 - 06/27/12 at 17:03:53

I want to thank everyone that has replied to this post. I'm a relative newbie to this site and I must say, it is awesome. I'm learning alot and quickly. So many great suggestions and ideas. So to recap the savage is a dual fire, fires on each stroke. The Harley dual fire twin fires only on the compression stroke, so that works with the savage. Since Harley's are extremely popular??? I should have many tachs to choose from....cool!

His: 1987 LS650F stock except for 98 engine, Dyna muffler. Hers: 2008 S40 with factory bags, windshield and sissybar.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #31 - 06/28/12 at 07:38:40

87 savage wrote on 06/27/12 at 17:03:53:
I want to thank everyone that has replied to this post. I'm a relative newbie to this site and I must say, it is awesome. I'm learning alot and quickly. So many great suggestions and ideas. So to recap the savage is a dual fire, fires on each stroke. The Harley dual fire twin fires only on the compression stroke, so that works with the savage. Since Harley's are extremely popular??? I should have many tachs to choose from....cool!

Just make sure you are looking at electronic tachs and avoiding the mechanical ones...would require some creative fabrication skills  Roll Eyes

Here's a pic of my tach...(I bought the same one as in my original post, but it arrived with a bent bezel, so I returned it and this LED color changing one arrived to replace it. Both had the same specs, but I kinda like the color when I am riding at night)

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Reply #32 - 06/28/12 at 17:55:32

EJID wrote on 06/28/12 at 07:38:40:
Just make sure you are looking at electronic tachs and avoiding the mechanical ones...would require some creative fabrication skills  Roll Eyes

Here's a pic of my tach...(I bought the same one as in my original post, but it arrived with a bent bezel, so I returned it and this LED color changing one arrived to replace it. Both had the same specs, but I kinda like the color when I am riding at night)
http://p1.bikepics.com/2012/03/07/bikepics-2360970-full.jpg

That looks nice and clean, almost stock! Is that tank and gas cap painted flat black?

His: 1987 LS650F stock except for 98 engine, Dyna muffler. Hers: 2008 S40 with factory bags, windshield and sissybar.
  IP Logged
clearush

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deer Park,TX
Reply #33 - 07/10/12 at 18:51:53

I can no longer recommend the one I bought, it has flaked out on me after working fine for the last 3 weeks, It will work fine till 4500 rpms and then it freaks out and bounces all over the place.

IP Logged
87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Reply #34 - 07/11/12 at 02:19:07

clearush wrote on 07/10/12 at 18:51:53:
I can no longer recommend the one I bought, it has flaked out on me after working fine for the last 3 weeks, It will work fine till 4500 rpms and then it freaks out and bounces all over the place.

Thanks for the update Clearush! Luckily I have been busy on other projects and haven't bought the tach yet.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 16:22:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Where can I get a decent inexpensive Tachometer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.