Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Why did you choose the Savage? (Read 233 times)
Haggis
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dundee, Scotland
Why did you choose the Savage?
06/24/12 at 08:24:28

Hi Folks

Hope this question hasn't been asked too often before, I did have look round the boards but couldn't find anything similar, so the question is,  as in the title, Why did you opt for the Suzuki Savage?

To answer my own question, I bought mine after endless searching on ebay for a bike below 33bhp.

As you may know here in the UK if you sit your test on a small displacement bike or are under 21 you have a restriction put on your licence for the first two years. The restriction is not  exactly a bike below 33 bhp that would be too easy, the rules state a bike under 25kw with a power to weight ratio of less than 0.16. Almost impossible to prove so the 33bhp is a rule of thumb.

Being over 21, but very short I decided to go along the restriction route as all the DAS (Direct Access) bikes in the local training schools were just too physically big for me.

You are not limited to the bike you can buy, but must fit a restrictor if it is over the alleged 33 bhp, rules about to change again though Huh

From my eBay key word of 33bhp and a Savage popping up, I was very surprised that any 650 bike would be on the list of accepted bikes, but after checking endless forums and bike websites it seemed that the LS650 was an acceptable bike without restriction Grin.

So first thing was looking at reviews, endless pictures and finding myself here.  I liked the look of the bike, the seat height and weight were perfect and I just sort of got hooked Grin Eventually a Savage came up on eBay, all be it at the other end of the country. I bid, I won, it got delivered but it wasn't without a few problems on arrival :'(

I got it fixed and I loved it.......it took over a year to find the bike, another 7 months to get it up and running, and guess what my restriction is up now but I still have my Savage   Cheesy

So again why did you choose to buy yours?

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Why did you choose the Savage?
Reply #1 - 06/24/12 at 08:36:51

Well, the reason I chose the Savage is it was the only one in my price range at the time, though I put about the same amount into as the amount I paid.

I found this website also by researching the Savage and I got many ideas to modify it.

This is what it looked like when I bought it:

This is what it looked like just before I sold it:

These bikes are perfect for modification because they have the old school lines that is missing in the bigger bikes. They are also very easy to work on.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #2 - 06/24/12 at 09:08:00

« Last Edit: 06/27/12 at 07:42:44 by 360k+ »  

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/24/12 at 09:53:00

It followed me home & my wife let me keep it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #4 - 06/24/12 at 10:00:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/24/12 at 09:53:00:
It followed me home & my wife let me keep it?

Sounds like you need to show your wife who's boss.  Roll Eyes  I did. Funny though, I don't have a wife any longer.  Huh Shocked

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Reply #5 - 06/24/12 at 10:23:51

I finally gave in and bought a 87 LS650 as a fixer upper. Not running, no battery, side covers, or key, and the front caliper was frozen solid. But, it did turn over and it had been stored in a shed for eleven years, so I gave the guy 500 for it. My wife has had a Savage for years and every time I rode it for whatever reason I enjoyed it. I've owed a few bikes including an 82GS450, DR650, Shadow 600, Nighthawk 750, but in the end, I just love riding the Savage. Also I'm 5'8" and it fits me perfect.

His: 1987 LS650F stock except for 98 engine, Dyna muffler. Hers: 2008 S40 with factory bags, windshield and sissybar.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 06/24/12 at 10:30:03

Actually, she bought it for me. We just stopped in to look at the new line of jet skis & I saw that low slung thing with a 650 in it & drooled enough to launch a jet ski..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #7 - 06/24/12 at 17:10:42

Well Justin I just traded my SeaDoo for my S40!  =D

I wanted a fun to ride larger single and looks like I got my wish  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #8 - 06/24/12 at 17:20:47

There was a recent thread on this:http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1338125339

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #9 - 06/25/12 at 09:53:12

Mine was given to me....literally. My niece never rode it, ( she'd rather ride on the back of one ), so after sitting in her garage for 7 years, I talked her into letting me have it. Had I been actually looking for one to buy, I might have gotten something a little bigger. At 6'1", I feel, at times, that the bike is too small for me. I feel cramped and get a sore a$$ due to riding on the back edge of the seat.

IP Logged
2011suzukis40
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/26/12 at 04:10:55

I bought mine because I was looking for something that wasnt too big or too small and would be a good bike to learn on. I just got my license before I bought it. I thought it would be a good bike because it isnt too heavy and it was one of the only bikes I saw that just didnt intimidate me. I am 6'2" so I do feel a little cramped, but I think so forward controls will solve that problem. I love riding the bike. It looks great and is great on gas. I will proboly keep this bike for a very long time. Seeing that I bought it brand new with only 1.9 miles on it I think it should last me a while. I also bought it because it was a great price for a new bike. Smiley

IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #11 - 06/26/12 at 23:59:05

I bought my bike almost by accident...
no, of course I chose bikes, reading magazines and watching the Internet.
I first liked it:
1) it is quite simple in design and is still, so spare parts to buy not be a problem. 2) it is quite nice, although a little too small for my growth in 183см. having driven it for it 10000-12000 km for the last time I realized that I like him more and more. comparing with similar bikes Honda and Yamaha, I realized that savage is quite dynamic bike. why not tell about the others. it is very helpful when driving in city. he wonderful managed (almost a movement of thought). I knew that he had a hard driver's seat and would be a good idea to install the driver's back rest! the best option - it is a girl with a big titty. always nice to lie down on Tits back: and soft and comfortable. Grin

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #12 - 06/27/12 at 08:01:47

It gave me a good feeling between my legs Cool

FSO
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #13 - 06/27/12 at 12:24:05

To build a couple of RYCA CS-1 cafe racers.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #14 - 06/27/12 at 21:04:58

Because real British made bikes have gotten too expensive to mess with.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:33:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › Why did you choose the Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.