Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Upsetting news
Reply #15 - 06/22/12 at 14:47:25

Beautiful and moving story, Preach... It really touched my gut... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #16 - 06/22/12 at 19:57:06

Clearly  a gut wrenching experience, Preach.

Modern surgery is amazing.  My thoughts are with you and your Mom..I hope it works out well.

Bill67 - I hope you had some great years together before the loss.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #17 - 06/22/12 at 20:12:03

Yes we did she put 40000 miles on 3 different motorcycles.5' 2   105 pounds

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #18 - 06/22/12 at 20:24:07

bh, I'll keep her in my prayers. I know a BUNCH of folks living with cancer, and a lot of survivors.

Ok, beat this. I'm 19 and cool on my Kawasaki 500. A girl was staying the summer with her sister and brother in law in our tiny town. When I asked if she could ride with me sometimes, her sister called her folks and vouched for me being a safe driver and all around saint. After a couple weeks of dating and a few motorcycle "dates" I pulled up in front of a store just as the girl, her sister, and her visiting mother walked out. I proceeded to dismount, make a stab at the kickstand, miss and get overbalanced. Somehow the bike went over on the right side with me sitting on the side of the engine/gas tank on my butt. (Hold on...I need to fan my face.)  Embarrassed  True story. I promise.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #19 - 06/22/12 at 21:34:48

Great stories guys, and great images you put in my head.  Laughter is good.

Finally got news, surgery started about 90 minutes late but went very well.  They were able to remove it laparoscopicly so that's even better.  Will find out more tomorrow when she is out of recovery.  So far, so good.  

Thanks for all the good thoughts!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 06/22/12 at 21:55:50

BabyHog

My sister has had colon cancer , 5 years ago had a colorospispy couse so much of it was bad.  Its amassing what medical science can do now days.   Didn't slow her down a bit.   I pray your mom will not be slowed down either !

Bill  

I saw a lady about 5'2" riding a GoldWing once , she couldn't touch the ground when she stoped .   She left one leg over the seat and hop half off it when she stoped at the light next to me.   Well when the light changed she just hopped back on top it and "Time seem to stand still while she put it in gear" then she took off.   Well about time she was a half/block away the guy behind me blew his horn, so , I pushed my lower jaw shut and put mine in gear too , but she was gone by that time.!!!

One of you mom's bike wasn't a GoldWing was it ?
Cheesy

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 06/22/12 at 22:49:17

Babyhog, best of luck to your mom. My neighbor across the street has colon ca. surgery and is doing fine post op, 5 years later. I hope your mom has the same success...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #22 - 06/22/12 at 22:57:57

Well,... if embarrassing stories will cheer you up, Piglet,.. I got a million of 'em...
Went for ride with my buddies,.... must be near 10 years ago, and it was hot summer,... so, I wore a brand new, crisp, white, all cotton, button down, business shirt... to reflect sun...
Turned out,... once we hit the open road,... the left chest pocket flapped wickedly against my nipple...
First it was just numbing,... but it slowly went from irritating,.. to painful,.. to agonising...
When we pulled over for a break,.. I'm looking down, inside my shirt at my ,.. well,..you know... to see if it was still there...
My buddy George says,.. "What!,... are doin'?"... So, I explained...
I didn't think it was that funny... honestly,... (I guess you had to be there, and not be me)...

Ten years later,... just occasionally,.... we stop for break, and George says...
"How you doin'?... Nipples okay?"... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #23 - 06/22/12 at 23:50:11

Best wishes and prayers for you and your Mother. My Mother is 78 and she had breast cancer two years ago. Last year it was hip replacements. She can get around better and do more physically than I can.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #24 - 06/23/12 at 08:16:39

My prayers and thoughts are with you and and your family.

IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #25 - 06/23/12 at 20:53:37

DANG! - sorry to hear about your mom BH - we will be praying for her.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #26 - 06/23/12 at 21:50:22

Piglet my dad had a combination of prostrate and colon cancer diagnosed almost 10 years ago. Surgery was done and today he's out working in the shop,raising his garden and all that neat stuff. Unfortunately almost 20 years ago he had some blackout spells that turned out to be heart problems..they have been controlled with pacemakers....but mom got afraid to let him drive and had lis driving privledges taken away on medical grounds. Now she has mid-stage alzhimers and neither of them can drive and it's 15 miles to town for them  Sad .

Any way...our prayers are with you sis !

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #27 - 06/25/12 at 08:44:36

Thanks everyone!  I get such friendship and comfort from this site, it still amazes me.  I appreciate the funny stories... they gave me some needed laughs... as well as the stories of those going through similar issues or knowing someone who has.  

Update - still doing as well as possible.  She's having a little more pain, trying to get rid of the gas... moreso than the incision site and the surgery itself.  Told my husband, I can't ever imagine him having trouble getting rid of gas!  LOL  But Mom beat the breast cancer almost 10 years ago, so she will beat this too.  

While I'm praying for Mom, I'm adding prayers for all those who have mentioned someone close to them in this thread.  May we all share many more happy times with our friends and loved ones.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:24:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Upsetting news

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.