Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Second wreck by my house (Read 90 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Second wreck by my house
06/21/12 at 19:20:18

An aquaintance of mine was killed Sunday evening around 7:30 about 400 feet from my driveway. He was alone, riding a Harley, missed a gentle curve, and wrecked in a hay field with about a foot wide ditch by the road. A friend of mine was trying out a bike five years ago and ended up in halo brace after wrecking about 20 feet from the same place. I take that curve around 40-45 and shift into 5th after passing it, because my bike is usually still cold.

I think alcohol was involved in the death, but sometimes I guess we just don't pay attention. Got to be on top of our game always.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: Second wreck by my house
Reply #1 - 06/21/12 at 23:56:54

Could you please remove the "alcohol involved" part of your post? It's not necessary. It took me quite a few years before I even realized I had a problem and it still didn't change what I did about it, it took a year of therapy for me to notice what it was doing to me. If you're not consumed by consumption, I praise you, but there is no need to take this cheap shot at him. The man is dead.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #2 - 06/21/12 at 23:57:47

Ask the local administrators to put road signs to highlight the dangerous bend.

Many will blink at night

Here's the website, just highlight, rightclick and "translate with Google/Bing/whatever"
http://www.deltasegnaletica.it/Segnaletica_Luminosa_Fotovoltaico.html

Roadsigns are cheaper than casualties.

Else, the local administrator's career could go...

Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 06/22/12 at 07:56:12

Cavi Mike wrote on 06/21/12 at 23:56:54:
Could you please remove the "alcohol involved" part of your post? It's not necessary. It took me quite a few years before I even realized I had a problem and it still didn't change what I did about it, it took a year of therapy for me to notice what it was doing to me. If you're not consumed by consumption, I praise you, but there is no need to take this cheap shot at him. The man is dead.

Mike, I think he was only trying to give a possible reason "why" it may have happened...  from the description, I was sure wondering what might have caused it, an animal in the road, etc.  But if the guy was drunk, or had been drinking, that's a different cause.  So his comment is relative, and I didn't read it as a cheap shot.  JMO

I hope you continue to work on your "problem" (using your word) and I wish you nothing but the best!!  

Boofer -- you please be extra careful on that section of road!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 06/22/12 at 20:49:22

Cavi Mike, I get you. No problem. 30 years ago we were friends before he messed up, did some really bad things, barely stayed out of prison because of politics and money, etc. I am, indeed warning others to not drink and drive. I always got along well with him. Believe me I am being kind, and my wife and daughter went to church tonight to feed his family and friends after the memorial service. Not a cheap shot. Just shaking my head at another of my old friends who became "just aquaintances" by their choice...not mine. Sad and disappointed, really.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:18:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › Second wreck by my house

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.