Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mad Dogs n' Englishmen... (Read 171 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Mad Dogs n' Englishmen...
Reply #15 - 06/22/12 at 10:22:23

babyhog wrote on 06/22/12 at 10:00:16:
I would be scared that putting my helmet in the freezer may degrade the inside of it somehow.  Probably not, but it just don't sound right.

BrAiN FrEEEzZzEee!!!...   Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #16 - 06/22/12 at 11:55:50

babyhog wrote on 06/22/12 at 10:00:16:
I would be scared that putting my helmet in the freezer may degrade the inside of it somehow.  Probably not, but it just don't sound right.

I was just thinking that it'd fog up something fierce when you take it out of the freezer.  I guess you just don't freeze the shield if it has one.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #17 - 06/23/12 at 03:17:03

This pic is REAL, and was taken in Romania.

Bellieve it or not, THIS GIRL GOT A TICKET FOR RIDING WITHOUT A HELMET !

So she donnet a helmet and they sped off... it seems there isn't a law on what kind of clothing is mandatory when riding; the law mentions unruly behavior and immodest clothing when walking,
but Officer, i'm not walking, I'm riding...
Huh
Grin Grin Grin

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 06/23/12 at 03:20:32

Interesting laws, interesting citizens,

Im SO glad she doesnt weigh 200 pounds.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #19 - 06/23/12 at 05:05:53

arteacher wrote on 06/22/12 at 05:42:54:
I put my helmet in the freezer at the school I taught at yesterday. Kept me cool for most of the hour's ride home.

I wish I had the room in my freezer todo that,  These TX summers are a killer,  I've hung up the vented Jacket I bought for the MSF for the summer already and it hasn't even hit into the hot part of the summer yet.  Now I just go with short sleeve shirt and my jeans. Still use the full face modular helmet though.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 06/23/12 at 07:19:21

I hit the waterhose before I ride away & carry a refilled bottled water & a pump up sports mister mounts on the bike. Ill stay a lot cooler than the average guy. & Even when I was roughnecking, I wore long sleeves with a t shirt. A Too Big shirt( Not Huge, dont want it getting hung in machinery) keeps the sun off. Watch Lawrence of Arabia, they didnt run around with the sun beating on bare skin..
Also, those white Painters Pants dont lay tight on the skin, so, they keep the heat from walkin right in,
Yes, they laffed at me when I wore white pants on a rig & no, they didnt stay white, but they stayed a Lot cooler than blue jeans,

They say denim wont hold up on asphalt., & it wont for a long slide, but its a lot tougher & easier to replace than skin, A welders shirt is a tough, tight weave. I recommend it & I have one that slid over 60 feet & it has no holes in it, Khaki is a good summer color,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:26:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Mad Dogs n' Englishmen...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.