Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Replacement Bolt for rear fender [Solved] (Read 113 times)
damiancds
YaBB Newbies

I've caught the bug
and can't/won't
stop!

Upstate NY
Replacement Bolt for rear fender [Solved]
06/21/12 at 16:07:31

Okay, so I was doing some work on the rear fender, and when I went to put back the chrome sides (not sure what they are called), and I couldn't find the bolt for one side, the one that goes in the middle.

Also, on a side note, is there a comprehensive list anywhere of all the bolts and sizes for the savage, because I couldn't find one.

« Last Edit: 06/25/12 at 10:24:57 by damiancds »  

1996 Suzuki Savage ls650 Stock, Except for:
-Larger Rear tire (140/90-15)
-saddlebags
-winshield
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Replacement Bolt for rear fender
Reply #1 - 06/21/12 at 16:21:31

I just took mine to the hardware store to match it up. You can find some bolt sizes on microfiche at bikebandits.com and others.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 06/21/12 at 21:46:47

Pull the one from the other side, go to a Nut & Bolt supply,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
2011suzukis40
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/23/12 at 09:47:43

When I had to take the crome fender sides off to install the backrest on my bike the bolts were 12mm. Both the inside bolts and the outside were 12mm

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 06/23/12 at 15:34:12

2011suzukis40 wrote on 06/23/12 at 09:47:43:
When I had to take the crome fender sides off to install the backrest on my bike the bolts were 12mm. Both the inside bolts and the outside were 12mm

12mm? are you sure? The heads are 12mm, the bolts are 8mm.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
damiancds
YaBB Newbies

I've caught the bug
and can't/won't
stop!

Upstate NY
Reply #5 - 06/25/12 at 09:35:52

Got it done, they were 8mm, forgot which thread though. Still iritates me that I lost the one, but I'll at least remember to put that stuff in a tray next time.

1996 Suzuki Savage ls650 Stock, Except for:
-Larger Rear tire (140/90-15)
-saddlebags
-winshield
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 06/25/12 at 10:13:37

Successfully completing projects by people who arent fully well versed in every step of the project requires careful disassembly &  keeping nuts.bolts & parts organized.
I watched a man diagnose my 460 Merc with a flat lobe on the cam, we went & got the kit, he went to his tool box & put the tools in his roll about.
8 hours after I pulled into his driveway, we were washing our hands. He tossed nuts & bolts in that rollabout w/o a care, & he Never went back to the tool box & he used every tool he had taken out,,
He knew every step, where every bolt & nut was. He was a Ford mechanic for 30 years,.,WE dont have that level of experience with these bikes, so we, at least I, have to take things apart carefully, I put bolts back where they go when I can, in parts Ive taken off, I put fasteners in baggies with a note, I tape things to other things,,so that if something keeps me from finishing it when I think I should, I wont be shafted.

I took a camcorder apart & found the problem, 2 years later I got the part & put it together. Because I had put all the subassemblies with their fasteners, I could do it,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 09:37:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Replacement Bolt for rear fender [Solved]

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.