Send Topic Print
handlebars for new s40 (Read 211 times)
giltzer3
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

handlebars for new s40
06/21/12 at 08:30:10

im really looking for cable lengths that would work for 14 inch ape hanger handlebars!!!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: handlebars for new s40
Reply #1 - 06/21/12 at 08:40:03

Simple, you need a VN750 or VN800 clutch cable and the PULL throttle cable. The throttle cable will not be a perfect fit in the Savage, different style throttle boss. I run 15" apes with a +4 or +6 VN800A clutch cable and a Honda throttle cable from the find it yourself bin at the shop I used to work at.

Easier to just shoot Lancer a PM, he can hook you up with Barnett cables.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
RobSchneider

what?

Reply #2 - 07/17/12 at 15:25:52

WD wrote on 06/21/12 at 08:40:03:
Simple, you need a VN750 or VN800 clutch cable and the PULL throttle cable. The throttle cable will not be a perfect fit in the Savage, different style throttle boss. I run 15" apes with a +4 or +6 VN800A clutch cable and a Honda throttle cable from the find it yourself bin at the shop I used to work at.

Easier to just shoot Lancer a PM, he can hook you up with Barnett cables.

I'm not getting this, I want a ape or vintage bar like 30 to 40cm high, want it to lend forward too. What do I do to get a throttlecable?

Follow me on twitter @BikerChicken
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 07/17/12 at 16:19:40

Easiest way is to order a Barnett cable. All they'll need to know is the bike and the handlebar height. Lancer on this forum can get them. He's a dealer for Barnett (among others).

Or go by your local custom shop and see if they make cables.

These are 15" rise, right in the height range you specified.

Clutch cable is a 4 inch or 6 inch longer than stock Kawasaki VN800A unit from Motion Pro, $26 USD. Throttle cable is a Honda version from Motion Pro, you can do the same thing with a PULL (Vulcans are a dual throttle cable) cable 4-6 inches longer than stock. Any catalog that lists Motion Pro cables will have the over length ones.

Cheap.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
RobSchneider

what?

Reply #4 - 07/18/12 at 14:25:52

WD wrote on 07/17/12 at 16:19:40:
Easiest way is to order a Barnett cable. All they'll need to know is the bike and the handlebar height. Lancer on this forum can get them. He's a dealer for Barnett (among others).

Or go by your local custom shop and see if they make cables.

These are 15" rise, right in the height range you specified.
http://ravenscroftart.net/watchtower/pokeydone2.jpg

Clutch cable is a 4 inch or 6 inch longer than stock Kawasaki VN800A unit from Motion Pro, $26 USD. Throttle cable is a Honda version from Motion Pro, you can do the same thing with a PULL (Vulcans are a dual throttle cable) cable 4-6 inches longer than stock. Any catalog that lists Motion Pro cables will have the over length ones.

Cheap.

So this is the right clutch for the 15": ebay-ad clutch
and this the right throttle, but it won't fit... Is it easy to make it fit? ebay-ad thottle

I think Barnettcables are a bit too expensive for my project. Also I'm from the Netherlands so the shippingcosts will be high...

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 07/18/12 at 16:17:27

Mine is a +4 and is almost too long on the stock risers.  A +6 doesn't leave much room to adjust it. I'd look for shorter if you are running the bars in the stock pullback risers, if you had a stock drag bar and you switch to apehangers you should be alright.

Netherlands? Any shop that services the old US Army Liberator 45s should be able to hook you up with cables... They are still the hottest bike to have over there aren't they?

Do you guys still have Highway Hawk? They might have them, and I know some of the German suppliers carry overlength cables.

You might try looking for a set of +4 designed for a first generation (cable clutch) Suzuki 800 Marauder... same lever, same clutch arm...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
RobSchneider

what?

Reply #6 - 07/19/12 at 04:10:42

The Liberators are still hot here I think, more and more customized though instead of original...

Highway Hawk is still in play here, I'm thinking of a street medium bar from them, which is 30cm of height.
I'm not sure which cables I need for that bar, too bad they don't sell customized savage-cables.... That way I'd be always sure.

The first gen of the 800 marauder... I did search for that cable, but I can't seem to find out which one is the first gen. It isn't mentioned in the various webshops...

Maybe the Ebay-cables are a good option? Want to spend like 25-30€ max on a cable since its a budgetproject...

Thanks for the replies!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:27:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › handlebars for new s40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.