Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Those who wave and those who don't... (Read 438 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Those who wave and those who don't...
Reply #30 - 06/21/12 at 10:53:57

I think it's funny how crotch rocket riders have their cool little flick wave,.. and Harley/cruiser dudes haves that low, side slap wave,...

Sometimes I just try to give the geekiest, most spaz,  wave I can manage... just to upset the mood...
...especially to to the high-dollar, butt jewelery, custom chopper guys...
Scooter guys just return the wave the same way...

Beemer guys do more of a "sig heil" type thing...
Scary... glad they don't wave much... Huh...
(just kidding 360,... my buddy is picking up an old R69S from Tennessee next week...)  Wink...

« Last Edit: 06/22/12 at 10:08:45 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #31 - 06/21/12 at 11:27:26

A few months ago I tried to start a minivan waving club. For about a week I waved at every minivan I saw on the road. My daughter was embarrassed. It didn't catch on so I quit.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #32 - 06/21/12 at 11:35:19

maybe if you had a cool car... like a yugo   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #33 - 06/21/12 at 17:39:13

Greg wrote on 06/21/12 at 11:27:26:
A few months ago I tried to start a minivan waving club. For about a week I waved at every minivan I saw on the road. My daughter was embarrassed. It didn't catch on so I quit.

LOL, that's funny.   A few years ago I got into this waving thang where I'd wave to every car and truck, even when I was driving my car or truck.   My wife would tell me to stop doing it, and when I asked her why, she said it embarrassed her???

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #34 - 06/24/12 at 06:13:30

Not to beat a dead horse or preach to the choir, but my ride yesterday was interesting. I spent the day in York County, PA. Every scooter-scooter I saw initiated the wave to me! I finally saw 2 snowmobiles (the backasswards trikes) on the road. They both waved. Some 1%-looking people didn't wave and some withdrew their hands quickly when noticing that I didn't share their enthusiasm for bike brands. I am still dumbfounded by the black sportbike riders. I must have seen 6 or more and not a single one returned my wave. Do they have their own private waving club or something? People of all colors on other style bikes waved without hesitation. I will still continue to wave and wish safe travels to everyone I pass no matter what their skin color or scooter choice. Now the guy in the cage that intentionally sped up to get between me and my buddy while we were merging onto Rt 30 got a special one finger wave. And an audio explanation.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Haggis
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dundee, Scotland
Reply #35 - 06/24/12 at 12:18:58

I wave to every bike I pass, if I can, if not it's a nod, I even do it when I'm in the car oooooops Embarrassed

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #36 - 06/24/12 at 14:34:46

For my bad weather ride I have a Scion Xb, which are kind of rare up here. When I see another one I give a thumbs up, and usually get one back in return. It was the same with my previous vehicle, a 20 yr old Land Cruiser.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #37 - 06/24/12 at 15:40:19

After a few thousand miles, I got a bit tired of the feeling that I was Supposed to wave,, eventually, I got down to the Oklahoma wave, farmers raise the forefinger from the wheel,, sometimes, I just dont even acknowledge the other rider, but generally, if theyre on a scooter or something smaller, I will,.,cuz I dont wanna have someone thinking I think Im superior,, (Geeeze, what kinda emotional blackmail have I bent to?)
The sport bike riders are leaning on their hands, so theyre less able to wave comfortably

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #38 - 06/24/12 at 15:43:41

If the Oklahoma wave is acceptable, I like it! Good point concerning sportbike riders.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:22:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › Those who wave and those who don't...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.