HELLO Kentucky !!!! (Read 113 times)
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
HELLO Kentucky !!!!
06/14/12 at 06:50:33

It looks like there are several Kentuckiana Savage riders here in the group. Do any of you get together for rides or gatherings? If so I'd like to join in or get some gatherings started.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: HELLO Kentucky !!!!
Reply #1 - 06/14/12 at 07:44:40

Well......Kentucky is kind of tall.....and even wider!  Any hints on where in Kentucky you are located?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #2 - 06/14/12 at 07:54:27

Dave wrote on 06/14/12 at 07:44:40:
Well......Kentucky is kind of tall.....and even wider!  Any hints on where in Kentucky you are located?

Sorry Dave  Embarrassed ! I'm so used to using Kentuckiana as a reference I wasn't thinking! I'm up in Northern Ky about halfway between Louisville and Cincinatti and 6 miles from Madison Indiana. A little town called Bedford.....so small the "Welcome" and "Visit Us Again" signs are both on the same post!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #3 - 06/14/12 at 09:25:37

Lexington here. I am an older guy that just began riding this spring and would welcome the opportunity to get together and learn a thing or two. Give me a shout and maybe we can set something up.

Best regards

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 06/14/12 at 10:18:26

I am up in N. KY across the river from Cincinnati.  I go to Bedford to ride my trials bike at Saddleback East sometimes.......however that bike would not be any good at riding with your Savage.  Maybe we could meet somewhere between us and to riding someday.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #5 - 06/14/12 at 10:19:56

I'm from SW Ohio.  The eastern suburbs of Cincinnati to be precise.  A couple of friends and I are planning a trip to the caves north of Louisville in September.  Since we're going to do the Beam distillery tour on the way, our route will take us through Bedford. Smiley  

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #6 - 06/14/12 at 13:19:49

Dave wrote on 06/14/12 at 10:18:26:
I am up in N. KY across the river from Cincinnati.  I go to Bedford to ride my trials bike at Saddleback East sometimes.......however that bike would not be any good at riding with your Savage.  Maybe we could meet somewhere between us and to riding someday.

Dave I'm just  5 or 6 miles from Saddleback. In fact, the tractor dealership I drive for services their Kubota and Exmark mower. I've been over to the club grounds a few times to pick up the equipment!

We'll have to get together sometime...only problem is I work about every Saturday...Sundays are my only day to meet up with folks.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #7 - 06/14/12 at 13:24:51

sjaskow - FSO wrote on 06/14/12 at 10:19:56:
I'm from SW Ohio.  The eastern suburbs of Cincinnati to be precise.  A couple of friends and I are planning a trip to the caves north of Louisville in September.  Since we're going to do the Beam distillery tour on the way, our route will take us through Bedford. Smiley  

sjaskow yo must be riding the senec Hwy 42 route! That's a nice ride except when the NASCAR guys are at Ky Speedway. I was at Balance Dynamics in Walton for the MSF r=Rider course last year and it took me 7 hours to make 35 miles!

Let me know your sked and maybe we can meet up in Carrollton or Bedford and I'll ride along for a way!

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #8 - 06/15/12 at 21:09:42

A little off-topic, but has the I-64 bridge between Louisville and Indiana been repaired yet??
I found a website that says it's open, but how far along are the repairs?

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #9 - 06/16/12 at 16:24:06

All's good drharveys. When it was reopened all but a little cosmetic work was complete. Now they have the I-65 bridge between Louisville and Clarksville screwed up,along with a portion of I-71 north out of downtown Louisville down to one lane each way for resurfaceing.

Here in Kentucky we have two seasons........Winter and "Road Construction"  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #10 - 06/16/12 at 20:56:36

You're lucky.
Here in upstate Michigan we have four seasons........Winter Winter Winter and "Road Construction" Grin

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 06/16/12 at 21:14:26

Starlifter wrote on 06/16/12 at 20:56:36:
You're lucky.
Here in upstate Michigan we have four seasons........Winter Winter Winter and "Road Construction" Grin

Id use that "Road Construction" season to rent me one O them U haul trucks & hang me a compass up in there & keep the needle pointed South a while. & By a while I mean till I got to a place where people only have 4 wheel drive for fun & No One knows what snow chains actually look like.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:20:16

General CategoryThe Cafe › HELLO Kentucky !!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.