Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is my bike worth? (Read 140 times)
Zeke342

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

What is my bike worth?
06/13/12 at 12:41:10

I'm looking to trade up to a slightly bigger bike.. kinda in love with the M90 Boulevard.. I'm used to a POWERFUL bike and the savage really isn't cutting it for me anymore Sad but it's still a terribly fun bike.
But I've seen prices of the Savages vary ALOT on forums, ebay, and craigslist.. I've seen some for $500 and some for $2000..

My bikes a 1997 with 60xx miles on it.. needs a verslagen soon.. paint is about to be repaired where a few nicks are obvious..

KBB says $1300 retail and $600 trade in..
At $600 trade I'll keep it for sure and make it a project for my free time for sure, in sentimental value alone it's worth $600 to me lol.

Aside from the verslagen, a few paint spots, a seat that is cracking, and a squeaky rear brake the bike runs GREAT.. especially considering 3 months ago it was a nightmare just to start it.  All the equipment is original, has aftermarket windshield..

I'm just looking for what I SHOULD get for it as a trade
What I'd get selling it myself
and what I'd get if I "price it to sell" I'm in no rush at all to sell the bike though, i'd like to do the verslagen before I sell it so I don't lay that burden on anyone who may be incapable of doing it.

I feel like the $1300 from KBB might be accurate.. but I've seen some in SIGNIFICANTLY worse condition than mine go for more Sad

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: What is my bike worth?
Reply #1 - 06/13/12 at 12:54:33

It all depends on where you live. Around here you can't give one away. Out west I could have gotten NEW price for my 98 with a gajillion miles, BUT, mine is heavily modified. As in, true trade in value is NOTHING. Resale value is always in the eye of the guy with the cash.

Ask $1500 but be ready to take $1000, or less. Market on sub-liter bikes is really soft right now.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Zeke342

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/13/12 at 13:26:12

I would likely take $1000 for it...
A little down payment never hurts to get approved for financing Smiley

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 06/13/12 at 16:13:54

selling point here right now is mpg.
some area's are... if it aint a HD it aint a bike

Go for high KBB, willing to take less but don't advertise it.

and add for your accessaries.  About half their cost even if new.

WWW   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #4 - 06/13/12 at 16:29:22

and if you can  get a new seat cheap, cosmetics are important. Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 06/13/12 at 17:58:43

Get the other bike & have fun, after 6 months, look at that Savage & see how ya feel. Its not such a huge asset that youve Got to liquidate it to move forward, but once its gone, its gone,, You may wanna play with it, Its cheap & its malleable, shape it to suit you, or sell it,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #6 - 06/14/12 at 12:06:38

What will the dealer give you for trade in on the bike? That's always an option too.

When I bought my WRX early last year, I traded my Festiva in on it. They gave me $800 for it. I could've sold it on the forums for $1000 to $1500, but considering they gave me what they did, it wasn't worth the hassle to list it and deal with people coming to look at it, back out, scammer emails, etc...

If they come close to KBB, go for it.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
lch2

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/14/12 at 12:21:33

Price will depend on the geographic zone, a similar bike in my country will go for around $3000 or slightly more.
As we do pay a bunch of custom taxes that almost double the value of any vehicle, and also Japanese bikes are very valued here, (tons of chinesse small bikes have elevated the price on the good ones)

If you get something within 200 dollars of what you expect to receive, I will give it as a down payment, if you were to receive 600 dollars or something like that, then I will keep it and make a project, call it a bobber, a chopper or a Cafe racer, whatever you like the most!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:32:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What is my bike worth?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.