Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
re-located licence plate? (Read 302 times)
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: re-located licence plate?
Reply #15 - 06/14/12 at 12:21:02

Taking the rails off should be able to be accomplished with a socket and wrench set (I believe they are 10mm, maybe 12?)... When the rails are gone, you'll already have holes in the fender where the replacement lights should be able to go in:

Small in this picture, but here I removed the rails and then put a set of mini lights in place to keep me legal. Wires are easy, 2 wires on these, 2 wires on the old one. You'll want to solder them together and then heat shink because of being under the fender and getting crap tossed up on them. You could do butt connectors and heatshrink if you don't want to get into soldering.... or if worse comes to worse, electrical tape... But I'd rather see you learn how to solder or something than short out a fuse from going at it with electrical tape only.

I picked up my lights, a set of 4, off eBay for under $20 shipped a few years ago.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #16 - 06/14/12 at 21:05:27

bike looks awsome without those rails on it, just wish i could keep em off but i have to have an option of running with the sissy bar. You know if i put a different rear fender on will it still support a passanger?

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #17 - 06/15/12 at 05:18:23

What is the need to have the sissybar on? I added one to my bike (don't have pictures of it with that loaded to the net though) and my wife hated it...

I would assume it is going to depend on what rear fender you go with. For instance, the BCB bobber kit says their fender won't support a passenger. Although there is a mod that diamond jim posted (you'd have to search for it) where he lowered his stock fender and it made it look awesome! I think all he did was add spacers and longer bolts.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #18 - 06/15/12 at 08:03:57

just cause my wife wants to come riding with me but said she wont come on without the sissy bar, wierd but w.e. told her to just hold on haha but I dont like the stock seats so i wanted to make and leather a new seat that tappers down in the rear fender like a "sportster" i think it is

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #19 - 06/15/12 at 19:40:57

This is what diamond jim did to his stock seat... Took the cover off, trimmed it down, and then put the cover back on. Makes it look a lot nicer and he said it was super comfortable:

My wife complained that the sissybar back vibrated too much for her and was uncomfortable.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #20 - 06/16/12 at 00:20:26

never thought of the vibration , i'll mention that thanks man haha and that seat looks awsome, mine is a "sectional though you think it could just be cut down to make it match with a little slit where it goes to the passenger seat or you think that wouldnt look good?

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #21 - 06/16/12 at 05:24:09

You could purchase a take-off S40 seat for yours and they bolt up (and then trim down), or you could probably do it to your stocker and would still be fine.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #22 - 06/16/12 at 10:36:33

i'll have to check in the "Marketplace" what year is the s40 take off from???? would like to keep originals in tact if possible

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #23 - 06/17/12 at 08:21:46

Any S40 with the one piece seat will work. You could check EBay too, I've seen some stockers there too.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:22:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › re-located licence plate?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.