Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
re-located licence plate? (Read 302 times)
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
re-located licence plate?
06/11/12 at 15:01:56

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has moved there plate to side mount *NOT VERTICLE* authorities dont like that here haha and if so... do you have any diagrams on how to do such a thing as in the plate location and application to the bike (where and how) Grin very happy if anyone can help.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: re-located licence plate?
Reply #1 - 06/11/12 at 17:33:42

My plate mount converts to vertical or horizontal by loosening 2 of the screws and turning it down. I picked it up off eBay for relatively cheap.

No decent shot of it flipped down, as I run it vertical nearly all the time. I've never had an issue with the cops (yet)...

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #2 - 06/11/12 at 18:29:19

usa or canada tuffguy? and you know if I get pulled over im going to get a huge ticket ????

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #3 - 06/11/12 at 18:33:36

Since you're a PA guy Simon, have you had any issues with the fuzz for no fender? How about inspection?

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #4 - 06/11/12 at 19:58:06

want to take these off but dont know how to fit my signals then, any ideas??????

signal_lights.jpg
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #5 - 06/12/12 at 05:04:27

renegade1 - I'm in USA. I'm assuming that if I were pulled over, it would be a "fix it" ticket, where I'd be required to turn the plate down and have it signed off by an officer and then mailed in. I'm hoping that they have better things to do than hassle me about a plate that's still pretty visible (compared to those with hideaway plates, etc).

Greg - I haven't had it inspected without the rear fender... The inspection guy overlooked my muffler and missing rear signals at the time, so I doubt he'd hassle me about it now. I've got a BCB rear fender that should be here this week though to mount up. It looks sweet without it, but it'll look alright with the BCB one in place and it should keep the rain off me if I happen to get caught in it again.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #6 - 06/12/12 at 05:06:22

renegade1 wrote on 06/11/12 at 19:58:06:
want to take these off but dont know how to fit my signals then, any ideas??????

Is that a hard bag bracket of some sort? You've got the rails underneath there and the lights still look stock. The lights then go into the stock rails and secure with a screw. I'd say pull them off and have a look. You could always go with aftermarket signals if need be, or find someone that's selling their takeoffs or parting a bike and grab them.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #7 - 06/12/12 at 18:53:24

yah they are bag protecters but i dont want to run with saddle bags on i'll just wear a back pack. i tried to take em off before but need different length bolts for the rails to stay on right??? and couldnt figure out how to then mount the lights to the rail...and yah eventually i would like to run different lights but they're expensive hey?? Undecided

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 06/12/12 at 20:23:11

Small bullet lights are cheap. Go to the truck stop. Spend $10 for a pair of amber and chrome that even come with mounting brackets. Or go to the local indie bike shop and drop $20 on a set of mini signals.

Stock junk is expensive. If you do some hunting most aftermarket stuff is not.

My bike has 50s style rear signals, a whopping $10 each. Real glass lenses cost an extra $2 per light.

Check the J&P Cycles vintage catalog.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
rogers40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/12/12 at 22:36:55

WD,
What's the best way of mounting aftermarket lights to the fender struts where the original lights are?

Thanks!

IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #10 - 06/12/12 at 22:55:44

thats awsome man can you show pictures? really interested in what those look like, and just go to a truck shop???? what do you mean

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #11 - 06/12/12 at 22:59:21

renegade1 wrote on 06/12/12 at 22:55:44:
thats awsome man can you show pictures? really interested in what those look like, and just go to a truck shop???? what do you mean

Truck Stop not Shop.  TA and Pilot to name a few off hand.   Truck Stops and other Big Rig accessory stores have lots of LED lights to pick from in all shapes and sizes.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #12 - 06/12/12 at 23:07:20

oh wow didnt even think about usin big rig lights thats a cool idea, do these just connect to all the old wires im guessing(im not even close to an electrician)... and rogers40 - just wondering why you want to keep those rails on? im going to keep mine on or figure some way to make it a different look but my wife would like to SOMEDAY ride with me and she said she'd feel better with the sissy bar on.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #13 - 06/12/12 at 23:17:24

renegade1 wrote on 06/12/12 at 23:07:20:
oh wow didnt even think about usin big rig lights thats a cool idea, do these just connect to all the old wires im guessing(im not even close to an electrician)... and rogers40 - just wondering why you want to keep those rails on? im going to keep mine on or figure some way to make it a different look but my wife would like to SOMEDAY ride with me and she said she'd feel better with the sissy bar on.

Yes they will,   the single function ones will have just 2 wires and the dual function aka run/turn  will have 3 wires.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #14 - 06/12/12 at 23:53:28

in a scale from 1 to 5 (1 being easy) how hard do you think this would be to do? and i'll need a set of metal drill bits and regular things from the tool box correct???

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:20:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › re-located licence plate?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.