Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Need some Recomendations (Read 557 times)
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Need some Recomendations
Reply #15 - 06/08/12 at 14:27:44

Well I got the Shocks ordered today as well as the LED's for front and rear as well as an electronic flasher so I don't have to have the hot load resistors in line with them.  I also ordered a LED replacement tombstone style rear tail light that has integrated mounts for the rear turn/run lights so that should take care of the relocation of them for when I get the larger saddle bags.  

As far as the evil bay HID kits  no thanks,  I want a good quality kit that will last.  I've had to many bad experiences buying stuff like that off of evil bay.  This is the one I'm really thinking about getting. http://www.customdynamics.com/hid_headlight_kits.htm

Will post pics once I get these parts that I just ordered in and installed Smiley

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #16 - 06/08/12 at 15:31:52

verslagen1 wrote on 06/05/12 at 22:27:27:
412-4233c is listed as the standard 412 series 11" for 1992-2007 VS800 Intruder/Blvd S50

11" is about a 1/2" longer than stock and has more travel.

shouldn't be a problem if you order for the S50, but if you get a set for the sportster, you'll need the metric adapter.

Couldn't find anything re "metric adapter" on their website. Where do I find it?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #17 - 06/08/12 at 15:38:44

arteacher wrote on 06/08/12 at 15:31:52:
verslagen1 wrote on 06/05/12 at 22:27:27:
412-4233c is listed as the standard 412 series 11" for 1992-2007 VS800 Intruder/Blvd S50

11" is about a 1/2" longer than stock and has more travel.

shouldn't be a problem if you order for the S50, but if you get a set for the sportster, you'll need the metric adapter.

Couldn't find anything re "metric adapter" on their website. Where do I find it?

Neither could I so I just went with the 11" 412-4233C shocks. They are identical in spring rate to the ones they sell for the sportster in the one up spring rate but in the metric sizing instead of SAE sizing.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #18 - 06/08/12 at 21:04:57

Just thought of another thing that I should include on the list.  Which Fork Brace do ya'll recommend??  I know I'm spending way to much on this little Savage but I'm hoping that it lasts me quite awhile.  Power on it seems plenty for me right now and it has no problem hauling me around at 70 mph. Then again I don't really do any traveling on it yet, though I might do the occasional trip to Dallas which is around 100 miles each way, but that wouldn't be very often.

Oh and Tomorrow I have the Start of my 2 days of the Basic Motorcycle Riders Course, so on Monday I'll be going in to finally get my motorcycle endorsement again Cheesy

R.F.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #19 - 06/11/12 at 14:54:06

I've been thinking while I was riding today how nice it would be to have a fuel tank with a little larger capacity. Does anyone know of one that will fit with little modifications and no mods to the seat at all because I have the Corbin seat??

On a side note,  I am finally legal for riding.  Finished 1st in my MSF course this weekend and went to the DMV and got my M endorsement added to my license today. Cheesy  The MSF course was pretty interesting but heck on the hips for those of us that have arthritis, with all the power walking they have you do on the first day.

R.F.

IP Logged
BobWd
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 06/12/12 at 05:06:40

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I took the course back in March & it was cold & raining.
I know what you mean about the power walking.
I saw a post on here where someone else asked the same question. There was one person who replied who had put a 5 gallon Harley tank on his but the front of the seat was sitting on top of the back of the tank.
Here is the link: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1338351982

IP Logged
BobWd
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 06/12/12 at 05:09:14

IP Logged
BobWd
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 06/12/12 at 13:56:12

I like that windshield. Need one but haven't had an extra $200.00 to go order a new one. Please let me know if you decide to sell it & how much you want for it.
Are those the stock mirrors? They look bigger.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #23 - 06/12/12 at 14:32:00

BobWd wrote on 06/12/12 at 13:56:12:
I like that windshield. Need one but haven't had an extra $200.00 to go order a new one. Please let me know if you decide to sell it & how much you want for it.
Are those the stock mirrors? They look bigger.

Will definitely let ya know.  Those are aftermarket mirrors, I needed some with the arm just a little longer and the mirror sitting a little higher with my wide shoulders. Can't remember the brand off hand but I bought them at the local bike shop for $15 each.

R.F.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #24 - 06/12/12 at 14:33:35

BobWd wrote on 06/12/12 at 05:06:40:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I took the course back in March & it was cold & raining.
I know what you mean about the power walking.
I saw a post on here where someone else asked the same question. There was one person who replied who had put a 5 gallon Harley tank on his but the front of the seat was sitting on top of the back of the tank.
Here is the link: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1338351982

Thanks,

Yeah that wouldn't work to well with the Corbin.  Will continue my search but thanks for the links. I'm sure something out there is around the same length but just wider and taller.

R.F.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #25 - 06/12/12 at 14:39:41

You could always buy a spare stock tank and have a shop enlarge it. Custom shops do that all the time with Sportster tanks, you can go bigger or smaller without messing with the stock tank mounts. It gets pricey but you would know that it will fit.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #26 - 06/12/12 at 17:12:30

WD wrote on 06/12/12 at 14:39:41:
You could always buy a spare stock tank and have a shop enlarge it. Custom shops do that all the time with Sportster tanks, you can go bigger or smaller without messing with the stock tank mounts. It gets pricey but you would know that it will fit.

That might be an option later on down the road if I don't find anything.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #27 - 06/12/12 at 22:20:04

Well Heck,  I guess I good things must come to and end some time.  Just looked at my financial status and saw how low I was getting on the little money I got from inheritance. So the bags, windshield and possible Bars and Tank are gonna have to wait for a little while  Sad   I did manage to get everything else on my list though.  All things are ordered and en-route as I type.  First of the orders should start arriving tomorrow and finish up by the beginning of next week at the latest.

BobWd  if I manage to sell the stock seat, Jardine Slip-on and the stock turn lamps front rear I might be able to pull off getting the new windshield that I've been looking at.  Was really wanting one of those Bat wing style that cover out towards the hands better but those are around the $300 mark so I've got to sell off a few things first.  I PM'd a guy that asked me about the Jardine in another thread and he hasn't responded so once I get the new stuff in, it will all be going up in the marketplace sans the windshield and bags till the other stuff sells.

R.F.

IP Logged
BobWd
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 06/13/12 at 05:01:06

rfw2003      That will be OK. I am saving money at this time to take a trip next month to visit my sister a few states away. I'm going to haul my bike on my trailer so I can ride with my brother-in-law and nephew. Will have to start saving up again once I get back. Wink

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #29 - 06/13/12 at 12:50:51

I've got a bar mount Memphis Shades that has a base flare. Not as wide as I'm guessing you ultimately want but... I should also have a spare set of fork tube clamps. Not that hard to make a set of bracing rods.

It does have some heavy scratches on the left side, was on the VN800B I crashed in 2008. You could always buy a sheet of acrylic/Lexan and use this as a pattern... The material is cheap cheap cheap... And can be shaped with a heat gun and a leather covered thigh.

Just collecting dust in the shed and taking up space I could put to better use. PM me your zip code, I'll get a shipping quote of you're interested.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:23:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need some Recomendations

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.