Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Motion Pro Mini Bleeder
06/04/12 at 16:22:42

On the subject of brake bleeding, I ran across a review of this tool in a recent issue of MCN (Motorcycle Consumer News) and thought it looked like a dang good idea.  While a simple speed-bleeder would be about half the cost for a Savage with only one line to bleed, this would be portable and allow you to use it on as many as you'd need (in case you have other bikes or get another).  Anyway, just looked like an elegant solution to me.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Motion Pro Mini Bleeder
Reply #1 - 06/05/12 at 10:08:12

That Motion Pro is kind of expensive.  You can achieve the same result by getting cheap check valves, and they work great.  I don't remember where I bought mine - but here is a link to what they look like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Kynar-PVDF-Check-Valve-Liquid-or-Gaseous-Fl...

You might be able to get them at a Pet Store that has aquarium supplies.

For the few times when I want a pressure/vacuum bleeder - I have one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mityvac-Silverline-Automotive-Vacuum-Pump-kit-/320916...

These two tools work great for me!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Motion Pro Mini Bleeder
Reply #2 - 06/05/12 at 13:26:55

Hehe, yeah I have a Mityvac too.  It'll suck the reservoir dry in no time.  I use the manual/brake lever method on the Savage.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 17:19:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › Motion Pro Mini Bleeder

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.