Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kevlar & mesh chaps from ColoradoChaps.com (Read 63 times)
Dave Sisk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Raleigh, NC
Kevlar & mesh chaps from ColoradoChaps.com
06/04/12 at 13:51:34

Here's the URL:  http://www.coloradochaps.com/motorcycle_chaps.html

I just got a pair of these made from Kevlar fabric, with mesh backs, and knee/shin armor.  (Actually, lady friend dropped her bike against my car, putting a big scratch and crease in the rear side panel...so she bought me these to make up for it.)

I haven't ridden with them yet (they just came), but they go on easily without taking your shoes off...the zipper down the side unzips all the way from the bottom up to the hip, so no wrestling an alligator to get them on over clothes and shoes. The body armor is thick.  The side straps hook to your belt and seem to hold them securely.  Just walking around a bit with them on, they seem quite comfortable and feel like they'll be quite cool when riding.

The only thing I think they are missing is a snap or velcro to tighten them around the ankle so that they don't slide up in the event of sliding on asphalt. I *think* there's an option to get some sort of stirrups added as an option, but I honestly didn't think about that when putting the order together...probably should have.  That said, I may seem if a local tailer shop could just add velcro, or maybe I can easily add some snaps myself.

Like I said, I haven't ridden with them yet, but initial impression is "way cool"...they feel more comfortable than putting mesh pants over jeans or shorts, and they are much easier to put on/take off because they'll go over shoes thanks to the zipper.

Cheers,
Dave

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Kevlar & mesh chaps from ColoradoChaps.com
Reply #1 - 06/04/12 at 14:40:44

Now you've done it,... admitted to assless chaps...

KC, Piglet,.. and the fellowship of the Peanut gallery, demand a sexy pose photo... Kiss...

Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave Sisk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Raleigh, NC
Re: Kevlar & mesh chaps from ColoradoChaps.com
Reply #2 - 06/04/12 at 18:24:41

ROTFLMAO!

I just did some low-speed maneuver practicing in my cul-de-sac and a few runs up and down the neighborhood to cool the bike off.  These are really comfortable.

That said, chaps are only cool if they entice ladies to slap ya on the arse. Every biker deserves a good spanking occasionally...right?  Cool

Dave

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 01:28:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Kevlar & mesh chaps from ColoradoChaps.com

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.