Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Rear Drum Break Sticking? (Read 231 times)
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Re: Rear Drum Break Sticking?
Reply #15 - 06/05/12 at 16:23:45

I was out looking at my scoot rear brake and realized that the PO had put the pedal bracket back on with the pedal spring prong on the wrong side of the frame cross rod.   This means that the pedal had no spring return at all and was solely dependent on the spring on the cable end  to pull the lever up.   I kept thinking I was hearing a "jingling" sound when I rode.   I don't think this would be the cause of Wake51's problem, but it sure wouldn't help either, so make sure the spring prong is behind the cross rod on the frame and asserting "pull up" on the brake pedal.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Reply #16 - 06/14/12 at 23:16:06

Sorry for a late response to all the advice. I'll tear the break system apart this Saturday, I slated the day since I finally have time. I'll inspect it from pedal to pad and see where the issue is taking all suggestion along the way when I find the culprit.

That IS indeed a nice golden hub... is it functional? And I don't mean in the sense of luring in chicks!  Cool

I'll post what problem I find, a bit curious at 12,xxx for a drum in my opinion. Hopefully it will help someone else troubleshoot.

IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #17 - 07/16/12 at 10:45:02

Did you find the problem? I ask since I'm experiencing something similar.

IP Logged
HighME32

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/16/14 at 10:29:53

This problem just showed up on my 2007 s40 ryca. I've never npticed this before, but my drum started rubbing when I roll the bike. I had odd tire wear on my first tire and just realized that the return spring was missing on the drum brake arm. I am taking the wheel off and cleaning the drum out and putting everything bacl together. Now I just have to wait for the ryca brake pedal stop. Hopefully this fixes everything.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:33:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear Drum Break Sticking?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.