Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dyna Muffler Installed Today, Now Jets? (Read 158 times)
Jacob

2012 Suzuki S40 650

Ford City, PA
Dyna Muffler Installed Today, Now Jets?
06/02/12 at 19:47:49

Completely stock bike, just installed the Dyna muffler today. Ran great, no leaks, no backfiring and no after fire. Still have stock air filter and plan to stay that way. I received my jet kit from LANCER today. Should it be jetted? What jets should I start with? I read somewhere to start with 52.5 pilot and 152.5 main and to replacer white washer with the little washers. My stock jets in it now should be 52.5 pilot and 145 main. Also, do I replace the washer with all 3 little ones? Any pointers would be great. I hope to do some jetting in the next few days.

I've read all the progressive guides and everything about jetting, I'm just looking for some people that have a Dyna and stock filter and what they did to make it eun better.

Thanks

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Re: Dyna Muffler Installed Today, Now Jets?
Reply #1 - 06/02/12 at 19:51:22

I'd ride it a bit first and see.   Jetting is about more than just testing for backfires, because lean motors = hot motors.   Also, keep in mind jetting is going to change fuel economy, but may be needed to keep motor in harmony with the Great Spirit.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
vineman

Oh sweet Ruby how
you tease!

Mid MO
Reply #2 - 06/02/12 at 19:53:09

I pretty much did what you just mentioned, 152,5 main with white spacer mod. I actually did 1/2 white spacer and mine ran just fine. Maybe even a bit lean so definitely be tweaking your idle set screw to find that balance needed to have your's running right. No two bikes are alike.

2007 ls650 s40, Ruby Red, Nighttrain muffler, pod air filter, 155 main, chain conversion, superbrace fork brace, vista cruise cruise control, and a helluva lotta fun
  IP Logged
Jacob

2012 Suzuki S40 650

Ford City, PA
Reply #3 - 06/02/12 at 20:09:00

Very true. It was lean before I installed the muffler so I know it should be jetted. I am going to start with trying the 150 or 152.5 main and leaving the pilot at 52.5. Also, definitely doing the washer mod. I take it just use as many washers it takes to make
half the white one.

I noticed before I changed the muffler when the bike was completely stock and it still does it but the throttle is real sloppy between 1/4 and 1/2. Feels like it cuts out.

IP Logged
vineman

Oh sweet Ruby how
you tease!

Mid MO
Reply #4 - 06/02/12 at 20:19:07

If you use, i believe, #4 nylon washers they each equal about 1/3 the thickness of the white spacer. I couldn't get a hold of the washers so I literally cut my spacer in half long-ways haha  Grin  So...you wont really be able to make up half of the spacer with the washers as far as i know.

2007 ls650 s40, Ruby Red, Nighttrain muffler, pod air filter, 155 main, chain conversion, superbrace fork brace, vista cruise cruise control, and a helluva lotta fun
  IP Logged
mjs3790225

Finally making a
presence!

Orlando, Fl
Reply #5 - 06/02/12 at 22:11:07

Number 4 washers are where its at! I picked up some brass ones at Lowes. They also had stainless steel if you like it like that.

1996 LS650 - University of Central Florida

Complete: Raptor, Dyna, Carb rejet, Seat cover, Cam Chain, HID lamp, front pulley, plug leak

MPGs please
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 06/03/12 at 03:26:08

You got the Kit from Lancer....and it should have 3 washers in the kit.  Use all 3 of those in place of the white washer.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #7 - 06/03/12 at 06:47:54

Quote:
I noticed before I changed the muffler when the bike was completely stock and it still does it but the throttle is real sloppy between 1/4 and 1/2. Feels like it cuts out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If 1 knotch on the choke corrects this condidion, the white spacer mod is what to work w/
In my case, 1 notch on the choke ran much better,......and a 1/2 spacer fixed it.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Jacob

2012 Suzuki S40 650

Ford City, PA
Reply #8 - 06/04/12 at 11:31:27

Thanks.. The sloppy throttle response was fixed with the white spacer mod. Now yesterday I installed a Dyna muffler on my completely stock bike. Today I changed out the white spacer with the 3 small washers I got from LANCER. I also changed my main jet to a 152.5 from the stock 145. I kept the pilot at 52.5. I got the mixture screw about 2 1/2 turns out. Runs good, rides good. I only discovered one weird thing. When I am in neutral and a give it throttle about 3/4 and let off, I watch my exhaust end and right when the bike is almost back to idle it lets out very little dark smoke. Only at that time and only very little.
Should I go to a 147.5 or a 150?
I'm at 787 feet altitude.
What do you think?

Thanks

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/04/12 at 11:39:59

Jacob wrote on 06/04/12 at 11:31:27:
.... I only discovered one weird thing. When I am in neutral and a give it throttle about 3/4 and let off, I watch my exhaust end and right when the bike is almost back to idle it lets out very little dark smoke. Only at that time and only very little...

Honestly, if that's your only problem with the bike and how it runs, I'd say leave it alone and just don't blip your throttle like that when you're in neutral. That doesn't really sound like it's going to cause a problem under normal riding conditions...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 11:26:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna Muffler Installed Today, Now Jets?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.