Send Topic Print
Hobbies? (Read 920 times)
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: Hobbies?
Reply #90 - 06/20/12 at 23:02:10

My hobbies seem to change with the weather but the few things that have stuck with me are cars/driving, building computers and home stereo. I say home stereo and not home theatre because I just like loud, I couldn't care less about all that surround crap. Bikes are actually one of my hobbies that seems to come and go.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #91 - 06/21/12 at 12:52:38

Over the past few years mine have become severely neglected while trying to make sure all the bills get paid.   I enjoy rock and roll, mostly 70's and 80's with some stuff outside that on both sides.  Favorite bands are Rush and Jethro Tull with a healthy dose of Black Sabbath and AC/DC thrown in.  I enjoy TaeKwonDo a lot but am out of practice.  I really need to at least start doing my forms every day again.  I enjoy walking and working in the yard.  I hate that it's necessary to use sunscreen and/or overdress to minimize skin cancer risks but I love being in the sun.  After that, everything begins to be pretty "scattered".  Only have a handful of firearms but more than a few knives and one functional replica of a 10th century Saxon war sword.  It actually uses modern steel and would probably only be useful in the event of a zombie apocalypse.  I enjoy reading (mostly science fiction).  I also like to teach myself enough to be generally functional in most things I encounter.  I build and maintain our computers at home.  Years ago, when I used to be into online computer gaming, I was more heavily into the computers and trying to keep them just at the sweetspot mix of affordability and power/performance (like 6-12 months behind bleeding edge).  Now they're basically appliances and as long as they handle what I throw at 'em, I don't do much to 'em.  Hmm, beginning to ramble... better quit here.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #92 - 06/24/12 at 02:15:07

My hobbies include: Making light saber props (I hope to make a Star Wars fan film soon but no guarantees), photography, videography, reading, wood working, building engines, building wind turbines, and writing.

Though I hope the writing becomes my income.

By the way, speaking of wind turbines, I am in the process of building a new one since my old one got stolen.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #93 - 06/24/12 at 03:03:17

Good to see ya again, Yonuh

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #94 - 06/24/12 at 03:08:40

Hobbies lets see,  I used to do alot of R/C flying since I could never afford the real ones.  Computers, programming, I dabble in electronics and microprocessors,  Android phones, autos mainly pickups. Alot of my hobbies have slowed way down do to finances since I've become disabled, but I still try to keep up with what I can. Currently I'm just spending way to much way to fast on the Savage Tongue  Didn't realize how much I was spending on it till I saw how little I had left from my share of the insurance money I got from my mother passing away recently. :/  All those little purchases add up in a big hurry. Was planning on the overbore and cam upgrades but those are gonna be awhile now as I'm pretty much outta cash now.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #95 - 06/24/12 at 05:40:54

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/24/12 at 03:03:17:
Good to see ya again, Yonuh

Thank you,

I rarely get online these days.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #96 - 06/24/12 at 06:33:20

Thats good. I wish I never sat down here, & I wouldnt, if I felt better. Id stay busy,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #97 - 06/24/12 at 06:54:43

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 06/24/12 at 02:15:07:
My hobbies include: Making light saber props ...

Very cool! That is the first time I have ever heard anyone mention something like that!

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #98 - 06/24/12 at 07:38:08

Greg wrote on 06/24/12 at 06:54:43:
Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 06/24/12 at 02:15:07:
My hobbies include: Making light saber props ...

Very cool! That is the first time I have ever heard anyone mention something like that!

Here is two photos of me in my Jedi Costume my wife helped me make.

IP Logged
Haggis
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dundee, Scotland
Reply #99 - 06/24/12 at 08:33:03

Photography and reading for me especially Terry Pratchett Discworld!
Also gardening  and my dogs, I have two Staffordshire bull terriers, keep me busy which is great in the summer, as I teach so get long holidays, but roll on September because I'm really sad an love my work almost as much as my hobbies Grin

IP Logged
223fan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Crawley   WV
Reply #100 - 06/24/12 at 10:35:34

guns ,reloading,guns,hunting,fishing,guns & um guns.Yep thats pretty much it.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #101 - 06/24/12 at 16:27:30

I've been building and shooting flinlock pistols and rifles, started shooting with some modern fire arms and worked backwards to black powder and flintlock ignition. I've been reloading for a Sedgley Springfield 30-06 (my dad's) and two 7.7 Jap rifles I used to hunt with but just don't get to the range as much as I used to. A fair amount of time is spent bee keeping, I'm at 6 hives which gives me about 45 gallons of honey a year. Some honey I sell, some I use, some I brew into mead for personal consumption. Been a bee keeper since 1991 off and on and think it is real cool till I get stung.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #102 - 06/24/12 at 16:39:32

After I get the rabbits in, thats the next thing..

Been a bee keeper since 1991 off and on and think it is real cool till I get stung.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #103 - 06/24/12 at 19:57:10

Can't believe I forgot to put in mine,  Guns are also one of my hobbies.  Hell I'm in TX so that's pretty much a given though Tongue

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:33:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hobbies?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.