prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: Hobbies?
Reply #75 - 06/05/12 at 12:12:01

Hobbies?  That would imply free time, which seems to be in short supply.  I enjoy hunting (really being outside waiting for an animal to come along), most all kinds of guns and I have started reloading as well.  I used to fish, but time has gotten away, spending time with my family is important, son likes to hunt as well.  I have some older ladies that keep me busy with trips to the dr, mower repairs, whatever else their husbands used to do.  I have ATV's, a garden, motorcycle (does riding it to the hospital count?) and a thousand things I am interested in, but never have the time to get to.  I guess life is my hobby.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #76 - 06/05/12 at 20:10:11

I'm not a "buff," but I appreciate military history (I just ordered a 3 vol. set of Winston Churchill's war speaches - and I love the posts of the corsair).  "Escape from Sobibor" was the most powerful book that I have ever read (outside of the Bible).  I like to be usefull to others (Free Medical Clinic, Red Cross, fixing things for people, visitations, etc...).  Bicycling and cross country skiing are loads of fun.  I do some gardening, but I'm fairly new at it.  I don't mind cooking, but with being single and staying busy, not much of that gets done.  Love to camp and hike, but never make time to do it.  I love to work - and that's a problem.  I have a cat that is very very cool - her name is "Buddy."  She's a bit on the lazy side, but she never complains and doesn't eat much, so I keep her around.  I used to fish, but NEVER caught anything.  I like guns (hope to get a flint-lock someday), but can't hit the side of a barn from 50 feet.  I tried hunting once, but quickly realized that my luck/skill in hunting would probably be much like fishing only MUCH COLDER.  I never went again.  I plan on buying a large fresh water fish tank in 6-10 months.  I've never had one before so I'll be sending questions out to those who posted earlier to this thread.  And of course, I love cruisin' the big single.  The best little thumper ever created by human hands.      

Ride free!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #77 - 06/05/12 at 22:54:15

As a single guy, I learned to cook, I had to shut the stove off & go buy something quite a few times. Once I moved to a place with a gas stove, cooking got a lot easier.,
Cooking to have leftovers is a HUGE hassle saver. I used to cook up ( Not quite done) 15 or 20 burger patties & individual wrap them & freeze them. Thaw one ( or 3 depending) , bust a can or two open, & Shazzam! Peas & corn or green beans & corn, in one pan,
Get a pressure cooker & you need a crock pot for sure, A pound O burger & some onion & well,, basically, a stew, easy to eat for a few days on the cheap.LOw hassle, low buck.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #78 - 06/06/12 at 03:17:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/05/12 at 22:54:15:
As a single guy, I learned to cook, I had to shut the stove off & go buy something quite a few times. Once I moved to a place with a gas stove, cooking got a lot easier.,
Cooking to have leftovers is a HUGE hassle saver. I used to cook up ( Not quite done) 15 or 20 burger patties & individual wrap them & freeze them. Thaw one ( or 3 depending) , bust a can or two open, & Shazzam! Peas & corn or green beans & corn, in one pan,
Get a pressure cooker & you need a crock pot for sure, A pound O burger & some onion & well,, basically, a stew, easy to eat for a few days on the cheap.LOw hassle, low buck.

Does eating count as a hobby ?  Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #79 - 06/06/12 at 05:05:58

Some people elevate it to that status. It can be done w/o getting huge, too,but as a single guy, I was so busy just living life, eating was like a pit stop in a race, time wasted, but a necessary thing to do. So, I tried to get good at getting some grub in me quickly. I had a friend ( he was single too) & we would get together & cook up a chicken & some burgers & we would eat & Id pack away the majority of the burgers.
Pressed thin with diced onion & bell pepper sprinkled on, then covered with another patty. Sling pepper on them, & slap them on the grill,

I have never owned a non stick skillet. I dont use aluminum cookware.
Stainless & cast iron or glass, & I have no problem at all with the Campfire Cookware with the enamel, but Ive never had any.

Why did they stop making the Visions cookware?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #80 - 06/19/12 at 12:49:49

Plenty of hobbies, just not alot of spare time to do them with a 2 year old LOL.

Surfing, Kayaking, Snowboarding, Shooting Guns, Fixing close to anything around the house (Plumbing and I aren't close friends anything else goes), Computer games time to time.................and Girl watching whenever possible   Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #81 - 06/19/12 at 15:26:31

Soon, your new hobby will be showing the now 2 y/o how to do all those things..

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #82 - 06/19/12 at 19:53:53

Used to have hobbies: rock climbing, ice climbing, salt water fishing, backpacking, tent camping, rodeo, drag racing, chasing girls, home brewing/wine making.

Current hobbies: flytying (neglected), scrollsawing (neglected), building a fiddle (neglected), motorcycles (neglected), fishing (bores me to death but Lisa still likes it), hunting (squirrels and snakes), gardening (neglected and looks it), beach cruiser bicycles (building a 1937 Henderson right now), old/ancient 4 wheeled vehicles (have late 40s-early 70s right now), guns (especially OLD guns, current fave is a CZ Model 24 made in 1936).

Lisa thinks it is hilarious that I've been working on a Stradivarius pattern violin for years, that went kinda mountain fiddle in the process... I'm completely tone deaf if I try to play.  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #83 - 06/20/12 at 12:05:07

Don't worry Justin, I think he'll be showing me!   Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #84 - 06/20/12 at 13:18:39

Your mirrors are set to show you the best view of your shoulders.

Daaang, thats a tall kid.,

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #85 - 06/20/12 at 18:16:01

hobbies:  photography, drawing, and school . . .  arguing politics just cause

and my favorite

SLEEP!!!!  Cool

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #86 - 06/20/12 at 18:35:23

LOL Yea he's been at 95% for height  since he was born, I have a feeling I'll have to go back to work just to feed him!   Wink

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #87 - 06/20/12 at 18:37:36

LostArtist wrote on 06/20/12 at 18:16:01:
hobbies:  photography, drawing, and school . . .  arguing politics just cause

and my favorite

SLEEP!!!!  Cool

Sleep is one of my faves as well! I am also into photography. Currently i am hooked on IR.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #88 - 06/20/12 at 18:50:18

Well,, rig a camera to take your pic using IR while ya sleep & do 2 hobbies at once,,

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #89 - 06/20/12 at 19:10:42

I"m just starting to explore video, might start a video/ride diary podcast thing, but not sure if I want to "broadcast" it.  it's mainly for my own therapy uses.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:30:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hobbies?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.