Hobbies? (Read 920 times)
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Hobbies?
Reply #15 - 06/03/12 at 08:16:36

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 06/03/12 at 02:58:12:
Aside from riding, I like to hike/backpack, back country camping, golf, and spending time with my daughter and grandkids.

Sounds like lots of exercise! My exercise is moving a few fingers on a keyboard!  Grin

And it is great to spend time with family. Everyone will appreciate it in the end.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #16 - 06/03/12 at 08:18:46

clearush wrote on 06/03/12 at 05:10:30:
Scenario Paintball, Firearms and photography in spurts. Family and 4 kids under 9 take up alot of time besides 12 hr shifts at work.

I have never heard of Scenario Paintball. Wikipedia sure does make it sound interesting!

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #17 - 06/03/12 at 08:22:40

arteacher wrote on 06/03/12 at 05:56:41:
Science Fiction from late childhood to middle age. I firmly believe it kept me away from the drugs all my friends were doing when I was a teen.
Photography- I was a pro and taught it in the '70's- just dabble now.
Audiophile all my adult life, building some of the equipment.
Gas powered model aircraft- in my youth and early adult life.
For about 6 yrs I was heavily into fresh water aquariums, breeding and selling different kinds of fish.
And now The Bike. Smiley

I used to consider myself an audiophile on a budget. Now I can't hear nearly as well as I did 15 years ago so the importance has slipped. I still own decent consumer stuff though.

I went through the aquarium thing, though not to the extent you did. I neglected it so bad that I was breeding SOMETHING in the tanks!  Huh

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #18 - 06/03/12 at 08:23:58

babyhog wrote on 06/03/12 at 06:29:24:
Sewing (quilting mostly), woodworking, upholstery, hunting, camping. Hubby and I are building a cabin, doing all the work ourselves.

Building a cabin together sounds wonderful! I envy you! The only sewing I do is saying "so what"!  Shocked

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #19 - 06/03/12 at 08:26:08

rl153 wrote on 06/03/12 at 06:51:06:
Gardening , computer, bicycling,

When my parents were alive they owned a nursery/greenhouse. We always had a huge garden when I was growing up. I just never got into it. Everything I touch, dies. My brother continued the gardening tradition though. I did some mountain biking before illness. I still have my Gary Fisher bike rotting in the basement.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #20 - 06/03/12 at 08:27:03

cowboy wrote on 06/03/12 at 08:02:22:
atv's camping huntig horse's and fast women.

I camp in my living room and I couldn't catch any women faster than snails!  Embarrassed Grin

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #21 - 06/03/12 at 08:28:32

Everyone seems to have some interesting hobbies. I wish I had time and money for more!

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #22 - 06/03/12 at 08:41:38

I can't say what my hobby is but I'm almost blind.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #23 - 06/03/12 at 08:44:57

Greg wrote on 06/03/12 at 08:28:32:
..I wish I had time and money for more!

Exactly. I spend most of my time either working or raising my kids, but still make time for a couple of mostly-neglected hobbies.

I keep a couple of large fish tanks

I do the usual man-of-the-house fix up work, keep a small garden and like to fix up motorcycles

I make wine. Which is an excellent hobby for the procrastinator because it doesn't hurt anything to let it sit... oh, what a shame, too much fermentation!  Cheesy

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #24 - 06/03/12 at 08:45:29

bill67 wrote on 06/03/12 at 08:41:38:
I can't say what my hobby is but I'm almost blind.

Sorry to hear that Bill. I had a client that I helped configure a computer and this huge magnifying thing to a large monitor. It was really cool and it allowed him to continue his ministry.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #25 - 06/03/12 at 08:48:02

Boule’tard wrote on 06/03/12 at 08:44:57:
Exactly. I spend most of my time either working or raising my kids, but still make time for a couple of mostly-neglected hobbies.

I keep a couple of large fish tanks

I do the usual man-of-the-house fix up work, keep a small garden and like to fix up motorcycles

I make wine. Which is an excellent hobby for the procrastinator because it doesn't hurt anything to let it sit... oh, what a shame, too much fermentation!  Cheesy

Wine making sounds interesting. I don't drink so it probably isn't a good hobby for me! And my man-of-the-house stuff is breaking things then writing a check to another man to fix it!  Roll Eyes

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #26 - 06/03/12 at 10:28:36

Guitar, movies, cooking, eating, drinking, Gran Prix Legends racing sim,  and stalking Scarlett Johansson.....
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #27 - 06/03/12 at 10:38:12

RC Cars, Helicopters and Airplanes. Its a full time job repairing my UhOh's. My son is a very talented driver, we're on a race track about every weekend.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Doug

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Texarkana, AR
Reply #28 - 06/03/12 at 10:58:13

Mixed Martial Arts, Cooking, Chemistry, Mechanics, Training...

"Can't do + won't do = don't do. Can do + will do = do do." xD
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #29 - 06/03/12 at 11:18:59

Greg wrote on 06/03/12 at 08:22:40:
arteacher wrote on 06/03/12 at 05:56:41:
Science Fiction from late childhood to middle age. I firmly believe it kept me away from the drugs all my friends were doing when I was a teen.
Photography- I was a pro and taught it in the '70's- just dabble now.
Audiophile all my adult life, building some of the equipment.
Gas powered model aircraft- in my youth and early adult life.
For about 6 yrs I was heavily into fresh water aquariums, breeding and selling different kinds of fish.
And now The Bike. Smiley

I used to consider myself an audiophile on a budget. Now I can't hear nearly as well as I did 15 years ago so the importance has slipped. I still own decent consumer stuff though.

I went through the aquarium thing, though not to the extent you did. I neglected it so bad that I was breeding SOMETHING in the tanks!  Huh

I am 62 and can still hear 14000 cycles on a good day. Before I dropped the dime on the speakers I have now I asked on an audio forum if they were worth my while at my age and quality of hearing. Good speakers do a lot more than reproduce the frequency extremes, I was told. They reproduce better ambiance, image better, have better dynamics etc., etc.
So I bought 'em and they did sound a lot better even though I could not hear the highs that my previous speakers did not have.
The best tweak I ever did was to put dedicated power circuits, with isolated grounds, to the components, eliminating all the noise on the household power supply.
Dead quiet background now- no hiss at max volume at all.
As far as breeding stuff in an aquarium, I left a 35 gal alone after the last fish died- for 5 years now. It grew some interesting stuff before the water evaporated to the point that the remainder was so "hard" that nothing would grow. Grin One of these days I am going to start it back up and put some "easy care" fish in it to inspire my grandson, who has shown an interest in fish. He has two small tanks, one with a beta, and another with some platies. He is 6.
Oh.... and you are always an audiophile on a budget unless you are filthy rich. Grin
In th early '70's I priced out the most expensive system you could buy.
It was $65,000. Now you can spend that on a couple of cartridges for your $200,000 turntable. Shocked

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:27:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hobbies?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.