Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Performance Carburetor Kit (Read 6048 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Performance Carburetor Kit
Reply #45 - 02/13/15 at 19:11:37

verslagen1 wrote on 02/13/15 at 14:06:30:
Thanks for the new carb flanges

Yep

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #46 - 03/29/15 at 03:20:11

LANCER wrote on 06/02/12 at 09:29:38:

Performance Carburetor Kit

-36mm Mikuni VM round slide carburetor
-Custom made throttle cable by Barnett
(there are 3 types depending on the model year of your bike)
-Rubber mounting flange
-Jet container with 10 additional main jets & 5 pilot jets)
 **Updated since the photo was taken
-Sudco/Mikuni Carburetor manual
-Fuel filter
-Main jet tool
-Spark plug

Kit price is $389

** Optional:   UFO (Ultimate Flow Optimizer by Thunder Products) $75 installed
                     DAJ (Dial-a-jet by Thunder Products) $125 Installed (includes deep well float bowl nut and fuel fitting)

Shipping within the US is included
International shipping is extra; actual cost only

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp%3B92%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E639%3E697%3EW...

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp%3B%3A8%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E639%3E697%3...

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp%3B9%3B%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E639%3E697%3...

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp%3B%3B7%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E639%3E697%3...

IP Logged
Raggedy Ant
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Altamonte Springs, FL
Reply #47 - 02/02/16 at 11:58:12

I hate to revive an old thread, but I have been lurking for about a year and I'm interested in buying a carb kit from lancer.

Lancer I sent you an email in regards to it because I don't have enough posts to pm you. Thanks in advance.

Raggedy Ant   IP Logged
Maine413
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 01/15/18 at 15:57:00

Hey Lancer,

I recently finished my build, just to find out that I can't get the bike to start. I'm thinking it's the carb. Rather than going to the stealership and wasting a ton of money, I thought it might make sense to buy 1 of yours. 1. Do you currently sell them and chain tensioners? 2. What's the estimated ship time? 3. Is the carb bolt on, or will I need to make modifications?

Thanks

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #49 - 01/15/18 at 23:15:29

Maine413 wrote on 01/15/18 at 15:57:00:
Hey Lancer,

I recently finished my build, just to find out that I can't get the bike to start. I'm thinking it's the carb. Rather than going to the stealership and wasting a ton of money, I thought it might make sense to buy 1 of yours. 1. Do you currently sell them and chain tensioners? 2. What's the estimated ship time? 3. Is the carb bolt on, or will I need to make modifications?

Thanks

Howdy,

Yes I do still sell them.  I just packed 2 of them up and shipped them out, but I believe I have most, if not all, the parts of the carb kit & tensioner.  I will check the stock and make sure before giving you a specified time for completion.  If I have everything I can get it out in 2-3 days, but if I need to order anything then it would likely be the end of next week.
You get everything you need, nothing else is required nor are any modifications needed.
The current price is $399, and I have also added a Uni air filter to the kit.

There are 3 options available:
-UFO (Ultimate Flow Optimizer), Installed .......$75
-DAJ (Dial-a-jet), Installed ............................$125
-QFTW (Quad Flow Torque Wing), Installed .....$125

You can check these items out to see what they do to add efficiency and performance enhancements to the VM carburetor.  The UFO gives the biggest "Bang for your buck" of anything out there, increasing hp to the engine at 1hp for every 100cc's of engine displacement.  With our engine being 652 cc's, that is a 5-6 hp bump just by adding the UFO.
You can look and see all of these items at the website of Thunder Products;  www.thunderproducts.com.  You can also call them and talk to Lonn (pronounced like "lawn") who is the owner and a prolific inventor.
He also happens to be a very nice man as well.
Oh, his wife's name is Ann and often answers the phone.  Yep, she is a sweet heart too.

I take Paypal, with payment made to "savage.s40@gmail.com"; postal money orders; personal checks; or cash ... if you are comfortable sending these amounts in the mail/UPS/Fedex etc.
I did have someone send cash this past year using USPS Priority and everything went as it should.  Most folks just use Paypal.  It is quick and easy.
I can also send you an invoice to your email address with which you can use Paypal, or a credit/debit account.
When ordering, do not forget to give me the model year of your bike.  I need that to select the correct custom throttle cable for your kit.  There are 3 types used, based on the model year groups that Suzuki used:  1986-89; 1995-2004; and 2005-present.  Each of these groups has a different mounting for the throttle cable.

I think that is everything you need information wise, but then this is the middle of the night so my brain may have skipped something...it happens   Huh
If so, I will wrap it in a tiny note and send it via carrier pigeon.

IP Logged
Maine413
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 01/16/18 at 11:15:26

Sounds good. Do you have a phone # where you can be reached?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #51 - 01/16/18 at 16:19:34

Maine413 wrote on 01/16/18 at 11:15:26:
Sounds good. Do you have a phone # where you can be reached?

Home: 918-652-3500
Cell/text:  539-777-8141

Call home # first, cell service here is not good at all.
A text will usually get through.

IP Logged
Krusher
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 01/19/18 at 14:44:45

Lancer I'd like a price on more than one item. Can you please contact me.
Face book - Krusher Mudguy
email- Krusher250@hotmail.com

Thanks in Advance
Rob

IP Logged
Maine413
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 01/21/18 at 20:59:00

Payment sent!

IP Logged
snels516

Reply #54 - 04/01/18 at 14:14:37

I sent you a PM in regards

IP Logged
Diamond T
YaBB Newbies

Grain valley , Mo
Reply #55 - 05/26/18 at 13:05:31

Ready to order the carb kit, 2002 ,  mods already done 95mm. Wiseco, stage 3 cam , verlsave, gp shorty muffler but changing to baffled megaphone , rebuilt stock head, should I go with 36mm or 38 mm. going have you do all three thunder products mods.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #56 - 05/26/18 at 14:12:53

verslagen1 wrote on 02/13/15 at 14:06:30:
Thanks for the new carb flanges

My pleasure

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #57 - 05/31/18 at 18:50:27

RECENT CHANGES to Carb Kit

36 or 38mm carb depending on application
Throttle cable
Rubber flange
Carb manual
Jet Pak
Mikuni carb tool kit (in place of main jet tool)
Uni air filter added
(Fuel filter eliminated)
Spark plug

IP Logged
350Fixer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NE Florida
Reply #58 - 06/25/18 at 13:42:58

Hey, Lancer.  I'm a new member, and probably would have never found the Forum, except that my wife has a box-stock '06 S40 that has been sitting in the garage for the last 8 years unridden.  Was actually thinking about listing it for sale, but she's just decided that she wants me to get it back on the road.  The tank had gas when she parked it, and I know that the carb wasn't run dry, so I'll need a fresh carb.  Don't want too much for a performance bump, since it'll just be a daily commuter and she's not really a speed freak (She's got an Audi for that anyway).  I like what you're doing with the carb kits, and would like your opinion on what would work best for a stocker that I don't want a lot out of.

Thanks,
350Fixer

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #59 - 06/25/18 at 14:19:20

350Fixer wrote on 06/25/18 at 13:42:58:
Hey, Lancer.  I'm a new member, and probably would have never found the Forum, except that my wife has a box-stock '06 S40 that has been sitting in the garage for the last 8 years unridden.  Was actually thinking about listing it for sale, but she's just decided that she wants me to get it back on the road.  The tank had gas when she parked it, and I know that the carb wasn't run dry, so I'll need a fresh carb.  Don't want too much for a performance bump, since it'll just be a daily commuter and she's not really a speed freak (She's got an Audi for that anyway).  I like what you're doing with the carb kits, and would like your opinion on what would work best for a stocker that I don't want a lot out of.

Thanks,
350Fixer

For what you described you would do better pulling the stock carb and cleaning it really good, to include insuring all of the very tiny passageways and holes ... not just the jets ... are clear and able to flow fuel/air.  There is a carb cleaning tool used for the tiny holes/passageways and I think that costs about $15.  It is just like the cleaning tool a welder uses on the nozzles for his gas welding set.    I don't stock that but it can be ordered.  However, you can usually clean the holes with a can of carb cleaner followed by compressed air.  If you have not done this before you should use a face shield or goggles at least because when spraying it carb cleaner will come out of holes unexpectedly.  OH YEA !   Yep...done that a few times.
Once that is done you should re-jet the carb and tune it for the engine.  I have a JETSET which contains 3 pilot jets, 3 main jets, 3 washers to replace the white spacer and float bowl gasket.  $30
There is also a Stainless Allen Head Screw Set:  4 screws each for the top of the carb and float bowl, as well as 3 for the little cover on the right side of the carb.  $15.  The screws on the stock CV carb are made of inferior soft metal and will strip out in a flash.  Judicious use of an impact driver will help a lot.  Just be careful of the carbs aluminum body.  
There are 2 tiny screws down inside the carbs slide which need to be removed to get the white plastic spacer out and replaced with the 3 washers, and those should also be replaced.  A good replacement are screws from the old desktop computer boxes, the are of good quality steel.

If you get both the JETSET & Screw Set the price is just $40 for both, and that includes shipping in the US.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 02:25:33

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Performance Carburetor Kit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.