SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Re: Performance Camshafts
Reply #45 - 09/18/22 at 19:58:03

verslagen1 wrote on 09/18/22 at 18:46:26:
Yazman wrote on 09/18/22 at 15:59:32:
Thanks for your response!

Last question: Do you think it is "worth it" to add a cam and VM36/38 to a RYCA kit bike that already has an open air filter and exhaust? Do you think there would be a noticeable gain in power/acceleration?

Yes, especially if you know how to tune.

Cool! I'm assuming you mean tuning the carb? Like jets and A/F mix? Would you recommend VM36 or 38?

2011 RYCA - 94mm flat top Wiseco, stage 3 cam, PWK38, open exhaust, UNI filter, 14/52 chain drive
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #46 - 09/19/22 at 12:28:51

Yazman wrote on 09/18/22 at 19:58:03:
verslagen1 wrote on 09/18/22 at 18:46:26:
Yazman wrote on 09/18/22 at 15:59:32:
Thanks for your response!

Last question: Do you think it is "worth it" to add a cam and VM36/38 to a RYCA kit bike that already has an open air filter and exhaust? Do you think there would be a noticeable gain in power/acceleration?

Yes, especially if you know how to tune.

Cool! I'm assuming you mean tuning the carb? Like jets and A/F mix? Would you recommend VM36 or 38?

I use the 36mm on my bike and sell in the carb kit.  The 38 may have a slight advantage in the high throttle and rpm ranges, but how much do you ride in the 3/4-WOT range ?  With the smaller 36mm bore the incoming air velocity will be greater and provide better pickup and atomization of the fuel, which helps yield better combustion efficiency.  
Zoom zoom.

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 09/19/22 at 17:16:38

Lancer, do you offer installation of your parts, lets say if I brought the bike to you during the winter to do cams, piston and carb?

IP Logged
YODEX
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 01/14/23 at 09:58:32

Can i use the STAGE 3 Cam with no extra mods? just changing the jets on the stock carb?

IP Logged
Yazman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #49 - 01/14/23 at 10:47:42

Yes. The way it was explained to me, there is a multiplicative effect and not an additive effect when you add these performance parts. In other words, just a carb alone gives a nice performance boost, and just a cam alone gives a nice performance boost, but if you put the two of them together you get more power because they work synergistically with each other. Even more so if you add the high compression piston along with the other two.

In my opinion, if you're doing the cam you may as well go for the high compression piston. It really wasn't that much more work for me, and you're already tearing the engine almost all the way down anyways. Or, start off with the Chinese knockoff MK38 for $40, give it dialed in, and see if that meets your performance expectations. If you still need more speed, go for the cam and high comp piston.

2011 RYCA - 94mm flat top Wiseco, stage 3 cam, PWK38, open exhaust, UNI filter, 14/52 chain drive
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #50 - 01/16/23 at 04:18:01

Och:  I’m sorry for missing your question before, I just didn’t see it.  I no longer do parts installation, however, if you want to come here to do the work I will be happy to advise you as you do the work.

YODEX:  Yes, you can use any of the 3 parts individually if desired.  If using just the Stage 3 Camshaft you will gain performance and a re-tune/jet of the stock carb is all that is required.  If you still have a stock muffler it will be beneficial for you to go with a better flowing muffler.  A HD Dyna muffler works very well, it sounds good and makes good power and is inexpensive.

Yazman:  You are correct about the synergistic effect of using multiple components.  Also, if changing the cam the extra work involved in changing the piston is not that much more so it’s reasonable to go ahead with that too.  

IVE not messed with the Chinese knock off carb so cannot comment on that.  I refer you to DBM’s thread on that.

Remember, a good flowing exhaust system is important to round out the build.

IP Logged
YODEX
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 02/16/23 at 09:18:03

thnax for answering, i found a 97mm piston on ebay so i thik ill use it as a combo, can you sell me the parts for the VM36? i have the carb already thanx

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #52 - 02/18/23 at 17:52:55

Will send you a PM

IP Logged
Steve 001
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 07/08/23 at 10:16:38

I have a 07 s40  are your camshafts bolt on or do you need to measure all clearances?

So far  my only mods are a k&n filter and a amgo muffler with a carb rejet kit.

My thoughts are a stage 2 or 3 cam.  After a year then pull it down one more time and bore the cylinder and a new high comp piston.  

I just can't tie up a slot in a shop for the time it would take to wait for the cylinder to be bored . I will have my own shop next year and  then I won't be rushed and can take my time.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #54 - 07/08/23 at 12:56:08

Steve 001 wrote on 07/08/23 at 10:16:38:
I have a 07 s40  are your camshafts bolt on or do you need to measure all clearances?

So far  my only mods are a k&n filter and a amgo muffler with a carb rejet kit.

My thoughts are a stage 2 or 3 cam.  After a year then pull it down one more time and bore the cylinder and a new high comp piston.  

I just can't tie up a slot in a shop for the time it would take to wait for the cylinder to be bored . I will have my own shop next year and  then I won't be rushed and can take my time.

The Stage 3 cam is installed just like the stock cam, no difference.  Use the same numbers for the valve adjustment as well.

My Wiseco High Comp. piston is a 94mm bore size, same as stock, so no boring required (assuming your cylinder meets factory spec’s) just a good hone is needed.  You should check all clearances to insure a proper fit.  

My last cam just sold a couple of days ago, but more are on order.  Hopefully they will be ready in 2-3 weeks.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #55 - 08/31/23 at 10:52:11

New Stage 3 camshafts are arriving tomorrow.
If you need one send a PM or email me to secure one of these cams.

I’m getting 4 of them and one is already called for.

IP Logged
Riley_N
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 02/13/24 at 07:16:24

LANCER wrote on 08/31/23 at 10:52:11:
New Stage 3 camshafts are arriving tomorrow.
If you need one send a PM or email me to secure one of these cams.

I’m getting 4 of them and one is already called for.

I would love to buy one of the stage 3 cams and I have my old core to send you as well. I sent you an email. Smiley

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #57 - 02/13/24 at 09:52:37

Got your email, will reply shortly.

IP Logged
Riley_N
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 02/13/24 at 10:06:25

Rad thank you! Final part I need for my build.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 13:31:37

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Performance Camshafts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.