Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Performance Camshafts
06/01/12 at 19:25:55

PERFORMANCE CAMSHAFT

A camshaft defines the character of an engine.  
The stock cam is mild mannered and easy going.
A Performance Camshaft does a quick change in the phone booth...different attitude altogether.

CAMSHAFT                           VALVE LIFT IN/EX                          DURATION @ .050

Stock camshaft                       .254/.244                                            224
Webcam std.                          .256/.256                                            226
Stage 1                                 .264/.264                                             239
Stage 2                                  .274/.274                                             248
**Stage 3                             .273/.273                                             238
** The Stage 3 cam profile is the only profile offered at this time since
I feel it is the best profile for the LS650 engine.**

Effects of duration:
220-235  =>  Low End Torque
235-250  =>  Midrange Torque
260 +       =>  Top End Power

Stage 1 camshaft is in the lower range for lift and duration; the Stage 2 is in the midrange and makes its peak torque & power 1000 rpm higher.  The Stage 1 is the better choice for an otherwise stock engine or mild to moderately modified.
The Stage 2 is designed for a moderate to more highly modified engine.
I found this profile to move the power/torque level out of the normal riding rpm range and so discontinued it.  
Stage 3 was added as a blended profile of 1 & 2 with the better duration of Stage 1 to keep the power/torque in the 3500-6000rpm range but with the higher lift of Stage 2.  This has proven to be a very good cam profile for our engine and the rpm range which is loves to be in, and with  a good strong punch for spirited riding in the 7000rpm and below.

** Camshafts are $299 incl shp with your old cam core in exchange.
$100 refundable core charge if you do not send your old cam core at the time of your order.  The core charge will be refunded upon my receipt of the old usable core.

« Last Edit: 09/18/18 at 12:24:29 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
Sam7.62

It made better sense
in my head...

Tampa, Fla
Re: Performance Camshafts
Reply #1 - 06/04/12 at 20:14:53

sent pm, not buggin' .wasn't sure if they are working yet

'08 S40 Jardine,Debadged,Backoff/XP brake flasher deal
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 06/05/12 at 03:23:42

Sam7.62 wrote on 06/04/12 at 20:14:53:
sent pm, not buggin' .wasn't sure if they are working yet

Did not get the PM
Give it another shot or email savage.s40@gmail.com

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #3 - 06/11/12 at 09:18:22

Is there any data, torque curves, dyno tests, etc. that demonstrate the performance improvements that the cams provide?

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 06/12/12 at 03:04:40

360k+ wrote on 06/11/12 at 09:18:22:
Is there any data, torque curves, dyno tests, etc. that demonstrate the performance improvements that the cams provide?

I had a dyno chart a few years ago; will look to see if it is still in a file

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #5 - 01/02/13 at 15:40:54

Do you have any overlap values for the cams? Smiley

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 01/03/13 at 04:21:29

SALB wrote on 01/02/13 at 15:40:54:

No I don't but have requested the info from Webcam.  If/when I get it I will post the data.

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #7 - 01/03/13 at 20:08:06

LANCER wrote on 01/03/13 at 04:21:29:
SALB wrote on 01/02/13 at 15:40:54:

No I don't but have requested the info from Webcam.  If/when I get it I will post the data.

No hurry, I'm just in the "just dream'n" phase right now. Smiley

IP Logged
ChonsChopShop
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 01/22/13 at 20:26:55

do you still run stock rocker arms with the stage 2 cam? i'm interested in ordering one since i need a cam and the rocker arms... i cant seem to find any anywhere... i have a thread here and someone here posted a link to a motorcycle parts site and i ordered them from there but they were out of stock. do you happen to know where i can get the rocker arms? do you happen to have any?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 01/23/13 at 02:57:05

ChonsChopShop wrote on 01/22/13 at 20:26:55:
do you still run stock rocker arms with the stage 2 cam? i'm interested in ordering one since i need a cam and the rocker arms... i cant seem to find any anywhere... i have a thread here and someone here posted a link to a motorcycle parts site and i ordered them from there but they were out of stock. do you happen to know where i can get the rocker arms? do you happen to have any?

Yes, the stock rockers are used, but I do not have any new rockers.  I have purchased them from Bike Bandit in the past and at the time had no back order issue.  If your old rocker set is ok except for wear on the pad surface, they can be rebuilt with a Hard Weld surface which can be done by Webcam.  You would need to call them for current pricing.  I would normally have that done at your request when ordering a camshaft but my time is short right now.
I have 2 Stage 3 camshafts in stock. Due to my move to Oklahoma quickly approaching I will not be able to process any orders for the other profiles for a while.  

IP Logged
ChonsChopShop
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 01/23/13 at 06:20:01

Ok thanks.. Hopefully you'll have one when im ready to order..  when you have a chance, can you search up bike bandit for the rocker arms? I just did a quick search and all I found was  "l. Rocker arm"... Thanks and greatly appriciated

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #11 - 01/30/13 at 06:34:37

LANCER wrote on 01/23/13 at 02:57:05:
ChonsChopShop wrote on 01/22/13 at 20:26:55:

Yes, the stock rockers are used, but I do not have any new rockers.  I have purchased them from Bike Bandit in the past and at the time had no back order issue.  If your old rocker set is ok except for wear on the pad surface, they can be rebuilt with a Hard Weld surface which can be done by Webcam.  You would need to call them for current pricing.  I would normally have that done at your request when ordering a camshaft but my time is short right now.
I have 2 Stage 3 camshafts in stock. Due to my move to Oklahoma quickly approaching I will not be able to process any orders for the other profiles for a while.  

Hello LANCER, PM sent  Smiley

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #12 - 02/08/13 at 04:43:38

One Webcam Stage 3 sold, my side of the Ocean  Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #13 - 08/21/13 at 05:23:04

LANCER wrote on 06/01/12 at 19:25:55:

PERFORMANCE CAMSHAFT

A camshaft defines the character of an engine.  
The stock cam is mild mannered and easy going.
A Performance Camshaft does a quick change in the phone booth...different attitude altogether.

CAMSHAFT                           VALVE LIFT IN/EX                          DURATION @ .050

Stock camshaft                       .254/.244                                          224
Webcam std.                          .256/.256                                          226
Stage 1                                      .264/.264                                                 239
Stage 2                                      .274/.274                                                 248
Stage 3                                      .273/.273                                                 238

Effects of duration:
220-235  =>  Low End Torque
235-250  =>  Midrange Torque
260 +       =>  Top End Power

Both Stage 1 and Stage 2 camshafts are in the midrange for duration; the Stage 2 is just a bit higher in the category and makes its peak torque & power at 500-1000 rpm higher.  The Stage 1 is the better choice for an otherwise stock engine or mild to moderately modified.
The Stage 2 is designed for a moderate to more highly modified engine.  Stage 3 was added as a blended profile of 1 & 2, for those who want something in between.
The Stage 3 is a blend of 1 & 2.  It has the same basic duration of the Stage 1 and the lift of the Stage 2.

** Camshafts are $259 incl shp with your old cam core in exchange.
$50 refundable core charge if you do not send your old cam core at the time of your order.  The core charge will be refunded upon my receipt of the old usable core.

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp396%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E639%3E697%3EWSN...

[/color]

« Last Edit: 09/15/13 at 04:42:15 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
SteveIsGr8

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Jamestown, NC
Reply #14 - 08/21/13 at 09:28:24

Lancer,

Which cam would you recommend if you just wanted to add a muffler and your carb without doing the piston?  I like to run the bike pretty hard.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 04:45:53

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Performance Camshafts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.