Corbin Seat (Read 332 times)
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Corbin Seat
05/31/12 at 19:46:53

Well got my new Corbin seat in today.  Promptly put it on and had to take it for a spin.  Did a short 50 mile ride and all I can say is WOW what a difference.  I can't imagine it feeling much better, but I'm told it gets even better as it molds to you over the first few thousand miles.  In my book it's definitely money well spent.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
mjs3790225

Finally making a
presence!

Orlando, Fl
Re: Corbin Seat
Reply #1 - 05/31/12 at 20:51:13

Do you perchance have a link available to the one you bought? Would love to check it out!

1996 LS650 - University of Central Florida

Complete: Raptor, Dyna, Carb rejet, Seat cover, Cam Chain, HID lamp, front pulley, plug leak

MPGs please
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #2 - 05/31/12 at 21:04:52

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #3 - 05/31/12 at 21:05:48

Yes the Corbin seat DOES get better as it breaks in. I've had mine for a few months now and love it. Its also better for passengers too (compared to the stock seat). I bought mine directly from Corbin http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/ss40.shtml

SALB beat me to posting the link

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
mjs3790225

Finally making a
presence!

Orlando, Fl
Reply #4 - 06/01/12 at 01:24:51

Awesome thanks!

1996 LS650 - University of Central Florida

Complete: Raptor, Dyna, Carb rejet, Seat cover, Cam Chain, HID lamp, front pulley, plug leak

MPGs please
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #5 - 06/01/12 at 08:11:57

I've purchased several seats from Mike Corbin for various bikes going all the way back to his old shop in Castroville before moving to Hollister.   In the old days you'd get an appointment, ride in, meet Mike personally, and be assigned a personal seat fitter.  He would hand fit your seat to your own personal butt, which generally took several hours of ride - trim - ride - trim... cycles.   Since you guys are in different states, how do you get a custom fit seat, or is it just a generic fit?   I'm just curious as to how Mike runs the business these days?

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #6 - 06/01/12 at 08:25:51

You provide your weight and inseam length when you order your seat online.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #7 - 06/01/12 at 10:42:14

As 12Bravo said they ask for some basic info to help guide them in the shaping of the seat.  If you feel the seat isn't right to will let you send it back in for adjustments for no charge unless the cover itself no longer works with the seat then they charge you a small charge for a new cover.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
BobWd
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/01/12 at 12:06:49

Does this seat use the stock mounting locations? Undecided

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #9 - 06/01/12 at 13:04:59

BobWd wrote on 06/01/12 at 12:06:49:
Does this seat use the stock mounting locations? Undecided

Yes it does.  In my case since I had the 2 piece stock seat it just uses the mounting point for the main seat.

IP Logged
BobWd
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/01/12 at 13:39:32

I came very close to buying one. So close I had to call Corbin and cancel the order. I was trying to find out how much the shipping would be so I filled out the online form expecting the shipping charges to pop up at the end. They didn't and I actually placed an order. Didn't have the money to cover it.
I have a couple of co-workers that have bigger cruisers they are thinking of selling. If I don't end up buying one of those, I may try & talk the wifE into letting me order one. At least that way she might be more comfortable and want to ride with me. I'll still keep my Savage just in case she or my 16 year old son wants to learn.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #11 - 06/01/12 at 13:47:22

BobWd wrote on 06/01/12 at 13:39:32:
I came very close to buying one. So close I had to call Corbin and cancel the order. I was trying to find out how much the shipping would be so I filled out the online form expecting the shipping charges to pop up at the end. They didn't and I actually placed an order. Didn't have the money to cover it.
I have a couple of co-workers that have bigger cruisers they are thinking of selling. If I don't end up buying one of those, I may try & talk the wifE into letting me order one. At least that way she might be more comfortable and want to ride with me. I'll still keep my Savage just in case she or my 16 year old son wants to learn.

Shipping was $35 for me to Tx.  for a total of $314 shipped to my door. I ordered just the stock design in black leather.

IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #12 - 06/01/12 at 14:17:09

Is the Corbin leather? I'm a little confused about that after reading the site. In the details it says that it's vinyl but then they talk about conditioning the leather.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #13 - 06/01/12 at 15:13:31

greenmonster wrote on 06/01/12 at 14:17:09:
Is the Corbin leather? I'm a little confused about that after reading the site. In the details it says that it's vinyl but then they talk about conditioning the leather.

the stock as pictured with no options or changes is black leather with vinyl sides.  You have limited selections from the web order form but if you call them there is a whole slew of different leathers and vinyls to pick from as well as stitch patterns and welting.

R.F.

IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #14 - 06/01/12 at 15:55:29

Interesting. I've been looking around for a good new seat that I can swap straight across. Stitching has split in the front and the Mrs. is not happy with the current passenger seat.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 03:25:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Corbin Seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.