Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Turns...how fast and which gear? (Read 189 times)
TheSavagePJ

Learn as you go...

Schenectady, NY
Re: Turns...how fast and which gear?
Reply #15 - 05/31/12 at 19:52:13

New rider... about 350 miles under my belt, but I feel fairly confident in my abilities as a rider. Left turns, if I don't have to stop for oncoming traffic, I will take in 2nd. I don't look at my speed, but a rough estimate would be 10-15 mph. Hard right turns I will take in first, usually 10 mph or under until the bike straightens out then I''ll upshift.

Depending on where you live, take the motorcycle safety course (Here in NY, its called MSS), regardless of how long you've been riding. Not only does it get you your license if you dont already have it, you get a reduction in your insurance and you come out of it a better rider. Worth every penny honestly.

2004, stock minus dyna exhaust
TheSavagePJ electrospector00   IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #16 - 06/01/12 at 20:06:03

TheSavagePJ wrote on 05/31/12 at 19:52:13:
New rider... about 350 miles under my belt, but I feel fairly confident in my abilities as a rider

Just a safety reminder...   I have 360,000 miles under my belt and NEVER feel entirely confident.   All that mileage has taught me many things, but one stands out...  I can only control ME, which is a small part of the overall.   Never lose respect for the machine you are riding.   It has the ability to kill you as fast as any gun could.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 06/02/12 at 15:49:06

Yeah, I've done over 350 miles in just one day.
And I've been riding for over 25 years.

Whether going through turns or not, NEVER get over-confident or cocky, and never think that you know exactly what's ahead in the road; even if it's a road you've ridden every single day.

The simplest things; things you'd never think twice about in a car, can put you flat in an instant; a golf-ball sized rock, a slight amount of sand, spilled oil, squirrels, and other drivers doing stoopid sh*t. These things are everywhere.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:21:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turns...how fast and which gear?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.