Send Topic Print
Found an Idea. (Read 608 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Found an Idea.
Reply #30 - 06/04/12 at 08:55:16

Passengers should be able to use the phone. We already have laws for negligent acts. If a driver causes an accident AND their phone is being used at the time of the crash AND theyre the only one in the car, THEN it can be shown they were being negligent,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #31 - 06/04/12 at 09:12:30

Screw passengers,... I'd make cell-phones inoperable if movement over 10mph is detected. (other than 911)...(fines automatic, added to your bill)...

Just like,... no open alcohol containers in a car... no active cell-phones...

Giving some moron a $200 fine, after I'm splayed out in the road, don't make me feel any better...
I've been there... Huh...

Driving is a privilege, not a right...  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #32 - 06/04/12 at 20:19:29

I suspect negligent homicide is more that $200.00..
I wish I could remember the name of what you propose,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #33 - 06/04/12 at 21:16:46

Texing while driving should be a felony.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #34 - 06/04/12 at 21:47:01

Starlifter wrote on 06/04/12 at 21:16:46:

Nope,, say youre way out in the nowheres & thers no one to be seen in any diraction, who can you hurt? Only yourself, why is that a felony>?

IF youre texting AND you cause a wreck and Hurt Someone, then ytour butt is in trouble,

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #35 - 06/05/12 at 01:31:59

The guy on a bike you sideswipe on the narrow dirt road way out in the toolies, when you top the hill in the middle of the road doing 50. Yacking on a cell phone. THATS who you hurt!

Then theres the possibility of folks pulling out of driveways and side roads you don't see cause you got your mug looking at your phone and not the road.

Ought to be a jammer in every car blocks the signal if your moving more then 10 mph.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #36 - 06/05/12 at 01:42:18

Serowbot wrote on 06/04/12 at 09:12:30:
Screw passengers,... I'd make cell-phones inoperable if movement over 10mph is detected. (other than 911)...(fines automatic, added to your bill)...

Just like,... no open alcohol containers in a car... no active cell-phones...

I disagree here.

1) Why shouldn't a car passenger be allowed to use the phone ?

2) Who are you going to call when the road-rabid pickup driver starts playing "DUEL" with your economy car for a matter of peanuts ?

3) Why aren't you blasting smokers who flick their lit butts into your face as you ride by ? Are you a smoker ?  Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #37 - 06/05/12 at 22:59:15

So youve been told till you accepted it.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 06/06/12 at 06:28:41

Starlifter wrote on 06/02/12 at 22:08:31:
Side Stand AKA Kick stand

You should never simply kick the stand down at your destination and climb off your bike without visually checking that it is extended all the way down and 'locked' into place. (I learned this one the hard way.)

You should never rely on the side stand to support your bike by itself unless you are parked on a solid surface. While sand and grassy areas are obviously not 'solid', neither is asphalt when the temperature exceeds 90 degrees. Placing a 'foot' like a piece of board or even a crushed soda can under the side stand tip is usually all that is required to keep your stand from punching a hole under it and sending your bike onto its left side.

You should never leave your bike unattended in neutral gear with the side stand down if you are parked facing down (OR up) a hill. Putting the bike in gear will 'lock' the rear wheel and your bike will still be standing when you return to it. Being 'in-gear' is the closest thing on your scoot to having a parking brake!

Heh.
They gave us little plastic disks at my motorcycle class graduation.
I thought it was a cup holder for my beer. Turns out it's for putting on the asphalt so the kick stand doesn't sink in.

--Steve

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #39 - 06/06/12 at 21:00:13

Yes it's called a foot. You can use a crushed beer can in a pinch.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Sam7.62

It made better sense
in my head...

Tampa, Fla
Reply #40 - 06/10/12 at 17:34:37

To whoever suggested hitting the flash to pass at an intersection thank you!! Saved my tushy today.

'08 S40 Jardine,Debadged,Backoff/XP brake flasher deal
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 06/10/12 at 17:42:48

Youre very welcome,, I found it useful, along with swerving back & forth IN my lane to get people to see me,

IP Logged
Sam7.62

It made better sense
in my head...

Tampa, Fla
Reply #42 - 06/10/12 at 18:10:07

I did that as well, funny enough the lady was on a cell phone. That you again.

'08 S40 Jardine,Debadged,Backoff/XP brake flasher deal
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #43 - 06/10/12 at 18:52:40

Ive been known to break mirrors on cars whose driver has near killt me,
Old man pulled out of a parking lot & came out 2 lanes, taking mine, on a snow covered road. I was able to move left into the 3rd lane & stay up, aiming to just not hit the little pickup. As I went by, I slapped the mirror & broke it. He pulled next to me at the light, hollerin,, & I quickly & VERY forcefully explained to him how lucky he was to have only a broken mirror,,& BTW, I had no idea the driver was old, or even a man, when I slapped it, I was just trying to not get hurt & the opportunity to "Strike Back" presented itself, so I did.
Ill bet he was more aware of bikes after that..

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #44 - 06/12/12 at 06:56:49

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/04/12 at 21:47:01:
Starlifter wrote on 06/04/12 at 21:16:46:

Nope,, say youre way out in the nowheres & thers no one to be seen in any diraction, who can you hurt? Only yourself, why is that a felony>?

IF youre texting AND you cause a wreck and Hurt Someone, then ytour butt is in trouble,

The main problem with that is that it's like trying to train a cat to sleep in one spot on Tuesdays but to do it in another spot for the remainder of the week; lack of comprehension in the target audience.  The "common sense" approach just doesn't work with much of the seething masses.  While your definition might be sufficient to convict an offender if caught, it's not enough to prevent one because he/she just didn't understand where the line between "okay for me to do here" and "not okay for me to do here" was.  I prefer to say pull over to the shoulder if you need to read or write a text.  Just my opinion.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:28:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › Found an Idea.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.