Send Topic Print
NEWBIE (Read 99 times)
RanDaMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
05/30/12 at 13:11:11

Hello to all the members,

Ive been reading a lot on this forum about all kinds of things and learning new stuff as well, just as a heads up im not too mechanically inclined so when i start moding out a bike ill be asking a lot of rookie questions HAHA. Though after seeing all the things that people have already recieved help with im sure that all the brain power on here will be more then enough to help me through. more or less I just wanted to say hi to everyone and ill be looking forward to any future advice! and thanks in advance.  Smiley

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: NEWBIE
Reply #1 - 05/30/12 at 13:25:05

Hello and welcome!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
RanDaMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Reply #2 - 05/30/12 at 13:58:07

thanks! how can i tell if someone posts in a thread ive started? is there some indicator or do i just have to check back often to see if anything new has popped up? Huh

IP Logged
RanDaMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Reply #3 - 05/30/12 at 14:10:19

oh never mind i figured it out! told you i was a newb.  Cheesy

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 05/30/12 at 17:02:15

Great!  For those who dont find it on their own, or those who didnt know you could do such a thing, there is a "notification" button at the top of each thread if you want to be notified of responses to a thread.  You can also create a list of favorite threads and check them as often as you like.   Smiley

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Michael Ralph
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/30/12 at 17:11:06

Alot of good information here for a newb to this such as myself... thanks!

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #6 - 05/30/12 at 21:13:40

First chunk of advice is leave the mods for later, much later. Learn to ride safely and enjoy it.
You'll see a lot of different bars, shields, pipes ect as you get some experience.
When you've kind of settled into YOUR riding grove then start your mods. You'll know more about what you want in the end. Drag bars, buckhorns, apes, straight pipes, quiet pipes ect.
Also if you decide to move up after 6 months you wont have a chunk of money sunk into the bike you can use on the 'new' bike.

IP Logged
RanDaMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Massachusetts
Reply #7 - 05/31/12 at 03:25:29

thats good guidance wolfman, but THE main reason im buying/bought a bike like this is to strip her down and mod it out. I'll ride through the season before i do any mods ive been doing ALOT of research on different kinds of modifications and it seems like you could do anything to these bikes. i have no intentions on going bigger because i know id push the limits on anyopen staright away i could find.  Shocked

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:24:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › NEWBIE

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.