Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Possible backpressure problem (Read 81 times)
Michael Ralph
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Possible backpressure problem
05/29/12 at 15:52:50

So my problem is that my original stock muffler was punched out and I experienced alot of popping.

I bought a dyna exhaust from a local bike shop and installed wit a clamp only, so some exhaust leaks at the connection but not an enourmous amount.

If someone could take a picture of what the baffle should look like in the dyna mufflers that would be a big help because when I look down into it, the baffle looks a bit bent up.

I did not rejet!

I also am curious to how removable baffles work, can a harly removable baffle be put in any muffler or are specific mufflers made for them (such as the dyna)

Anyways... the exhaust only pops once and a while when shifting to higher gear, but not nearly as loud.

With a passenger, it pops shifting up, or down, or cruising with clutch fully disengaged, also it makes a weird noise when cruising with disengaged clutch, kinda like a burning flame noise that is constant until I engage the clutch and give a bit of throttle.

These problems only persist with a passenger.

I am 220 lbs, passenger is 140.

Please help me find a solution to this.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Possible backpressure problem
Reply #1 - 05/29/12 at 16:29:11

Michael Ralph wrote on 05/29/12 at 15:52:50:
So my problem is that my original stock muffler was punched out and I experienced alot of popping.

I bought a dyna exhaust from a local bike shop and installed wit a clamp only, so some exhaust leaks at the connection but not an enourmous amount.
Exhaust leaks will cause pops...
If someone could take a picture of what the baffle should look like in the dyna mufflers that would be a big help because when I look down into it, the baffle looks a bit bent up.
Should be a flat disc blocking the pipe completely about halfway down the tube... exhaust is directed into the honeycomb of holes...
I did not rejet!
Fix the leak first
I also am curious to how removable baffles work, can a harly removable baffle be put in any muffler or are specific mufflers made for them (such as the dyna)
No removable baffle for the Dyna...
Anyways... the exhaust only pops once and a while when shifting to higher gear, but not nearly as loud.

With a passenger, it pops shifting up, or down, or cruising with clutch fully disengaged, also it makes a weird noise when cruising with disengaged clutch, kinda like a burning flame noise that is constant until I engage the clutch and give a bit of throttle.
??? Weird noise??? ... I can't imagine a burning flame noise...
These problems only persist with a passenger.
Passenger ate a bean burro?...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/29/12 at 16:55:52

Pop a wheelie & lose 140 pounds?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 05/29/12 at 18:57:46

Michael Ralph wrote on 05/29/12 at 15:52:50:
I bought a dyna exhaust from a local bike shop and installed wit a clamp only, so some exhaust leaks at the connection but not an enormous amount.

Serowbot wrote on 05/29/12 at 16:29:11:
Exhaust leaks will cause pops...
when shifting.

Definitely an exhaust leak, check your header and muff, start her up.
then sit cross legged facing the header.
chanting a "raptor" mantra, wave a lit candle near the muff and header joints.

WWW   IP Logged
Michael Ralph
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/30/12 at 05:57:53

Thanks for the help, will try a way to seal the muffler to the header better and see how it works from there

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:23:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Possible backpressure problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.