Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hatfields & McCoys on History Channel (Read 238 times)
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Re: Hatfields & McCoys on History Channel
Reply #15 - 05/30/12 at 14:22:17

Yeah, I think Timothy Olyphant is a "man's man."  I figured women find him pretty hunky.  I like the dialogue and the humor.  If you look at the credits, the whole series is based on the short story "Fire in the Hole," by Elmore Leonard (or is it Leonard Elmore?   Undecided).  Hard to believe you can get 3 (and hopefully more) seasons of TV out of a "short story."  I've read about 3 of his novels and he's a good writer.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #16 - 05/31/12 at 10:43:23

wifey watched it and loved it said it was the best show she has seen on tv in a long time.....i just couldnt make my self stay up until 11 3 nights in a row......maybe it is time for some geritol! Roll Eyes

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/31/12 at 14:04:49

How many of each family died? Seems devil liked killing kids till he got old and sick....then sacrificed the handicapped kid in his own family real piece of pshit! No wonder all them hatfields had bountys on em and the gov. of west virgina would not help.  Sad chapter in our history!

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #18 - 06/01/12 at 08:04:56

Drifter wrote on 05/31/12 at 14:04:49:
How many of each family died? Seems devil liked killing kids till he got old and sick....then sacrificed the handicapped kid in his own family real piece of pshit! No wonder all them hatfields had bountys on em and the gov. of west virgina would not help.  Sad chapter in our history!

Records weren't so great back then, so I don't think there is any good count as to how many died.  And I wouldn't say he "liked" killing kids.  He was the head of the family and it was his "duty" to seek revenge.  Early version of street gangs, if you ask me.  You kill one of mine, I'm gonna kill one of yours...  somebody has to man-up and break the cycle, but nobody ever likes to take the last hit.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 06/01/12 at 10:58:15

Started out as a deserter from the army then shoots a kid in the back, then 3 more tied to a tree then let one of his own kin hang and let his sons daughter die and darn near shot his own son in the back. I stick with my opinion of him a piece of pshit!  Seems them hatfields did not like women or girls much either!  The govs. of KY and WV did not like them much either.....

I grew up in southern ohio and heard the stories.

« Last Edit: 06/02/12 at 05:40:39 by Drifter »  
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #20 - 06/01/12 at 18:22:09

I looked up some of the few old photos in existence of the actual Hatfield's and McCoy's. The actor's resemblance to the actual historic people was uncanny. For that reason I think the series was as historically accurate as they could make it. And a darn good story it was.

In addition I found a photo of two girls taken in the 50's. one a Hatfield and the other a McCoy. They are good friends and the descendants of both families all get along fine now.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #21 - 06/01/12 at 20:35:36

the mccoys were the good guys!

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #22 - 06/01/12 at 23:04:13

I kind of thought that too, or rather not the 'good guys' but more the lesser of two evils.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:25:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hatfields & McCoys on History Channel

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.