Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is your headlight choice? (Read 132 times)
nuster
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

What is your headlight choice?
05/28/12 at 05:27:50

Took the S40 out for a night ride last night to get to the 600 mile point for the service, and to check out the lights. Pleasently suprised by the headlight. Anyway I have switched my other bikes with H4's over to the Sylvania SuperStars and have noticed better performance. Since then Sylvania has intorduced SilverSyar zXe and SilverStar Ultra. Does anyone have a recommendation on these, or PIAA (expensive) or others? By choice I do not want a  blue tint. I am glad the front turn signals are also running lights. My second installation of HyperLights also incorporate this feature. Any other easy ways to increase the rear lighting? Thanks and I will update the S40 report after the 600 mile service.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: What is your headlight choice?
Reply #1 - 05/28/12 at 06:38:04

I put Silverstars in my wifes car.....they burned out in 9 months as she drives 100 miles a day and the car has the headlights on whenever the car is running....she drives about 22,000 miles a year.  I put stock lights back in the car and they lasted another 8 years and were still working when we sold the car.

On my Kawasaki I put in a Silvestar as I don't put the kind of miles on the motorcyle that my wife does on her car.  The light intensity provides much better  visibility than stock.

I have not yet switched the bulb in the Savage....probably will put in a Silverstar.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 05/28/12 at 09:07:12

Piaa Super Plasma.http://www.piaa.com/powersports-bulbs/ps-h4.html
The most lumen s of any regular amperage bulb. Works great.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 05/28/12 at 14:22:26

haven't tried the new bulbs yet.  I did get a set for the car.

last year I bought a HID light for my savage.

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 05/29/12 at 06:22:17

I bought a Sylvania at WM but don't know which one. It is brighter, though. I just read an article on "extra" lighting. The guy said a very bright headlight can disguise the outline of your bike making it hard to judge speed or get a good read on it. It also hides the turn signals. He also recommends putting extra running lights away from the headlight. Something to think about.   Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 11:21:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What is your headlight choice?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.