LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Prayer Request
Reply #15 - 05/28/12 at 03:54:51

Thank you all very much for your prayers and good wishes.  The hard migraine pain broke yesterday and does seem to be gone for now, and hopefully will not return.  The after effects of it feels like I'm a wrung out wet dishrag, sore head/neck and no energy.  But at least it is not hurting like it was.

I've had these since 1979, been through every kind of treatment and tried every kind of med known.  I had a wonderful neurologist for about 10 years who helped put together a program for me that gave me back my life.  Before that it had progressed to the point of my not being functional at all...just virtual constant pain.  The out of control episodes are only occasional now instead of being the norm like they used to be.
There is always a low grade headache 24/7 but much fewer hard migraines.

One of the really odd things that resulted from the crash last year when my back was broken was a decrease in headaches over all.  This was only the 2nd hard multi-day migraine I've had this past year.  Not sure why...perhaps the trauma to my nervous system when my spine was crunched when launched off the bike and then being slammed flat on my back on the ground.

Well, it's all just life.  Stuff happens.
Thank you all again for your prayers...God does hear heart felt prayer.

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #16 - 05/28/12 at 18:30:23

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Smiley

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #17 - 05/28/12 at 18:53:57

Glad your migraine didn't wait for my prayers!  (I've been away from the computer for a while...)

So, since these things are cyclical, here's my prayer for you for a long interval until, and short duration of, the next one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXm3lX19nQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXm3lX19nQg

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #18 - 05/28/12 at 19:20:59

I'm so glad you are feeling better, hope you stay that way for a long time.

"Seriously? YOuve never had a headache?!.."

Yes JOG, seriously I've never had a headache....BUT don't worry, I have suffered through just about every other ailment, malady, illness, infection etc. there is. Thank God I don't have to add headaches to that list.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #19 - 05/28/12 at 19:54:56

I work in a doctor's office and we have several people that deal with the headache issue.  That must be a miserable cross to bear.  My prayers are with you, Lancer.

Ride free!
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #20 - 05/29/12 at 02:59:35

LANCER wrote on 05/28/12 at 03:54:51:
Thank you all very much for your prayers and good wishes.  The hard migraine pain broke yesterday and does seem to be gone for now, and hopefully will not return.  The after effects of it feels like I'm a wrung out wet dishrag, sore head/neck and no energy.  But at least it is not hurting like it was.

I've had these since 1979, been through every kind of treatment and tried every kind of med known.  I had a wonderful neurologist for about 10 years who helped put together a program for me that gave me back my life.  Before that it had progressed to the point of my not being functional at all...just virtual constant pain.  The out of control episodes are only occasional now instead of being the norm like they used to be.

One of the really odd things that resulted from the crash last year when my back was broken was a decrease in headaches over all.  This was only the 2nd hard multi-day migraine I've had this past year.  Not sure why...perhaps the trauma to my nervous system when my spine was crunched when launched off the bike and then being slammed flat on my back on the ground.

Hi Lancer, sorry to read of your migraine only now.

If you can manage, see that you get a nuclear resonance or similar exam to your skull and brain.
Migraines may have neurological causes, or circulatory causes.
In other words, you might be a (good) candidate for a brain hemmorage, or a stroke, and the pain you feel is a blood vessel straining not to burst.

Am I being pessimistic, and throwing bad and ugly things at you ?  Undecided

Perhaps, but, as my old grandma used to say,
"Better be proved wrong, and be happy about it, than to be merry-whatever, and be proved wrong..."

Wish you luck !!!  Smiley

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #21 - 05/29/12 at 04:20:10

mpescatori wrote on 05/29/12 at 02:59:35:
LANCER wrote on 05/28/12 at 03:54:51:

Hi Lancer, sorry to read of your migraine only now.

If you can manage, see that you get a nuclear resonance or similar exam to your skull and brain.
Migraines may have neurological causes, or circulatory causes.
In other words, you might be a (good) candidate for a brain hemmorage, or a stroke, and the pain you feel is a blood vessel straining not to burst.

Am I being pessimistic, and throwing bad and ugly things at you ?  Undecided

Perhaps, but, as my old grandma used to say,
"Better be proved wrong, and be happy about it, than to be merry-whatever, and be proved wrong..."

Wish you luck !!!  Smiley

I appreciate the thoughtfulness my friend, but I have been xrayed, CT scanned, MRI'd, and am under continued care.  I see my primary doc every 6 months minimum for the migraines & diabetes, and this past year finally went from 6 mo. to yearly checkups with the urologist for prostate cancer followups.  And of course they always want lab work to go along with the appt's.  
Adding to that, when I had the motorcycle crash last year and busted myself up, the doc's in that hospital (different hospital) did head to toe CT scans & MRI's with emphasis on the head/neck area to be sure no issues there, and then half dozen more of each type scan along with dozens of xray's on the damaged areas.  So this past year especially, my body has had every little, or Big part  Roll Eyes, literally under the proverbial microscope.
At this point there is nothing in my brain that is amiss that todays medicine is able to detect.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #22 - 05/29/12 at 06:21:15

Just a thought...

If you stick a finger up into the air and another in the power outlet, can you listen to the radio ?

It might be poor tuning...

Grin Grin Grin

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:20:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › Prayer Request

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.