Send Topic Print
no start (Read 45 times)
SaVaGeEaRL

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Georgetown, KY
no start
05/27/12 at 06:16:28

got my oil leak fixed with no problems. started up and ran several times all day yesterday. went to start it this morning and now it wont start. i took the seat and tank back off and checked the main fuses which are ok. When I turn on the key the headlight and tail light comes on, the neutral light was on(when the tank was on). and I hear and feel the relay on the left side close to the horn click. I Have also noticed that the decompression solenoid cable is not moving when Pull the clutch cable, in neutral, and hit the starter button. does anyone have any idea, cuz i have no volt meter and prolly wouldnt be able to use it if I did have one lol. this rerally sux cuz i was gonna be riding like crazy the next two days im off work due to the holidays. :'(

IP Logged
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Re: no start
Reply #1 - 05/27/12 at 06:25:59

Try a battery charger. Had the same problem, bike clicked and it wouldn't start. If you don't have a charger of your own take it to Autozone, they'll charge it for you

IP Logged
SaVaGeEaRL

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Georgetown, KY
Reply #2 - 05/27/12 at 06:28:20

I just put a new battery in it and I even have the old battery that wasnt bad recharged. it wont crank at all with either one.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 05/27/12 at 06:42:32

Of course, thers the Eeevil Kill Switch to check,,

Got lites?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SaVaGeEaRL

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Georgetown, KY
Reply #4 - 05/27/12 at 06:42:42

ok now i am really confused. i took the old battery and hooked it to my cables, and the ground cable to the chasis, turned on the key and for shits and grins i hooked the positive up to the starter. of course it cranked and started. so i turned off the key and unhooked the jumper cables and now its starting on its own again.....this is good and bad, cuz i dont wanna be somewhere and find its not gonna start on me again lol but now its starting its gonna be hard to find out what the problem is lol owell ill ride with cables just in case hahaa

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 05/27/12 at 06:46:01

Yeaaaa,, a No Start problem that goes away by itself sure can come back,,

I have the cure, a switch that connects a hot wire straight to the decomp timer, I can always make it spin over, even with the key in my pocket,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SaVaGeEaRL

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Georgetown, KY
Reply #6 - 05/27/12 at 06:56:25

owell back to no start again. guess ima have to try and find someone who knows how to check this stuff with a meter

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 05/27/12 at 08:27:29

SaVaGeEaRL wrote on 05/27/12 at 06:16:28:
I Have also noticed that the decompression solenoid cable is not moving when Pull the clutch cable, in neutral, and hit the starter button.(

Take off the tank and make sure the cable is seated correctly.
If the piston is in compression and the decomp is not activating, it can stall the starter.  You can do it by hand but pretty tough.

Here's a quick test, put it in a high gear and bump the bike forward until you can turn the decomp lever, this indicates that you're in the exhaust stroke.  Now try to start it.  If you can, then it's the decomp adjustment or operation.  as you noted, it's not moving.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:18:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › no start

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.