Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MicroSoft, Google and Apple see Cortex A-15 coming (Read 208 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: MicroSoft, Google and Apple see Cortex A-15 co
Reply #15 - 06/07/12 at 11:01:05

And here is another wee little fanless x86 mini box coming out of China using an Atom chipset ....

http://liliputing.com/2012/06/communication-technology-unveils-detsel-01-mini...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 06/07/12 at 11:37:00

Now if they have an adapter so I can use the display off an old laptop... sign me up!

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 06/07/12 at 12:01:56

Everything is coming...  it never seems to get here... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #18 - 06/07/12 at 20:29:39

A-15 is here now, just locked up in "customized production" by Apple right now.    

The first 2 foundries are in production, but all output has been sold already.   Apple will stockpile the parts until they get enough for a large roll out, then will start building a new super-duper laptop and a super duper tablet to be released at about the same time late this year (Christmas).

The A-15 duo SOC as a product is gonna be hot (game shifting) so expect the rest of the big 5 to be in production by late year's end, with the little guys (like Allwinner) coming along about a year later.

(right about the same time the quad to octo A-15 combo SOC code named "A-8" starts rolling off from the big guys).

A-8 is expected to double to triple CPU and GPU throughput compared to today's very best current phone chips and it will equal intel's mid to upper level PC chips as A-8 will be a full throughput 64 bit chipset from the get go.

3 years until that A-8 stuff gets out of Apple lock, that is --- Apple buys the new ARM good stuff for the first year as a "customized exclusive".

But yes, like Joe's Crab Shack with the painted sign on the side of the building .....

Free Crab Tomorrow !!!

...... it always gets better and better.    You can buy $160 tablets from Sears or Kmart right now that are MUCH better than last Christmas's best $250 tablets from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

« Last Edit: 06/16/12 at 12:02:49 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 06/07/12 at 22:32:57

Guess what I am .....

and I am not alone, I have a brother who is made by somebody else ...

.... and we are not made by cell phone companies -- they have all our cousins in development, including two that you don't have to take out of your pocket to have them run a display, mouse and keyboard at your desk.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #20 - 06/16/12 at 11:57:03

http://liliputing.com/2012/06/cx-01-53-android-4-0-pc-stick.html

These cute little things are proliferating like bunny rabbits -- $53 will buy an item that now has android and two full linux operating systems modified to work on it and it will act as a TV streaming device as well as doing normal PC stuff, all over your home router's wifi system.

MORAL OF THE STORY -- NEXT MONITOR YOU BUY MAKE SURE IT HAS SPEAKERS BUILT INTO IT AND IT HAS A FULL SERVICE HDMI PORT ON IT.
  HDMI is beginning to sound like the up and coming new video standard for PCs anyway as VGA can't show 1080p resolution stuff at all and it does a grainy botch job on trying to show 780p.

Now, to do what this little linux device can do you would have to have a Windows Media Center set up ....

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #21 - 06/17/12 at 09:27:53

Wayyy cool!   I built a pico ITX a year ago in my own designed see thru plexi case that I run the Puppy Linux distro on.   It's about the size of a thick pocketbook, and I stuck to the back of the monitor.   Here's a guy who put Puppy on the MK802 gadget.  

http://liliputing.com/2012/06/puppy-linux-on-the-mk802-74-mini-pc.html

For $74 I'm tempted... very tempted...   Fun schtuff!

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #22 - 06/17/12 at 16:17:50

Wife's home laptop got hit with a spoof "spyware alert" that had all the visible signs of coming straight from her anti-virus program.  

Angry                   Yeah, she did ....

Now she has a corrupted boot system that MicroChoke is trying to fix continuously with Startup Repair, a "we got hit yet again" disaster subsystem that can't find its ass with both hands.

And the old Linux Mint white box jest keeps on chugging along, all dull and boring and simple and commonplace.

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #23 - 06/17/12 at 16:47:24

I'm working on one right now for a friend that has the FBI Moneypak ransomware on it.   This thing jumps on your system from a website, and from that time paints a splash screen FBI warning that it has detected pirated music files on your system.   It requests $100 to be forwarded via Moneypak, disables the Task Mgr, and places itself on the excepted list for your anitvirus.   You can't get around the splash screen because it is wall to wall with no taskbar, icons, or anything else visible.   It also registers itself with randomly numbered startup files which re-write themselves back to disk on shutdown.   So even if you remove the offensive files, they get written back to disk from memory.   With Winders the fun just never ends.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:21:16

General CategoryThe Cafe › MicroSoft, Google and Apple see Cortex A-15 coming

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.