Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HOw much of that really needs done NOW? (Read 73 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
HOw much of that really needs done NOW?
05/26/12 at 04:52:17

http://management.about.com/cs/generalmanagement/a/Pareto081202.htm

I asked a real smart fella a question one day, & he looked at me kinda funny & said "Ill get back to ya on that." HE had to go ask someone he knew,, I had asked him about something Id been toying with, trying to come up with some general rule of efficiency, because I tended ( & still do, in spite of knowing better) to pay too much attention to detail.
BUT,, heres a bit of what I learned about 30 years ago.

Example, Boss tells ya "Sweep the warehouse", well,, you grab the broom & run it down the walkways between stuff stacked, or, you get the little broom & go get the dust in the corners & between the walls & the ends of the rows of stuff stacked,, YOull spend 80% of the time on the little stuff & 20% on running the broom down the main walkways,,so, dont mess with the corners, Hit the main parts & go on,

NOTE,, there are some places where the rule of 80/20 should not be applied., I do not want a neuro surgeon who applies this rule.
"Well,, I got your hand put back on & a coupla the fingers hooked up, "

Anyway, apparently, this 80/20 thing goes wide & deep into the world,
into social , political & economic arenas.

I think also we can see that some areas of our world have gotten out of balance,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Re: HOw much of that really needs done NOW?
Reply #1 - 05/28/12 at 09:27:14

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/26/12 at 04:52:17:
http://management.about.com/cs/generalmanagement/a/Pareto081202.htm

I think also we can see that some areas of our world have gotten out of balance,

Some areas???  Oh, you are so kind, JOG.   We live on a tiny island from which there is no escape.  Yet after defecating all over the place, we wonder why it smells so bad.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:31:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › HOw much of that really needs done NOW?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.