Record breaking heat. (Read 140 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Record breaking heat.
05/25/12 at 15:12:14

29 deg C (84.2 deg F) here today. And it's only May. We are now on restricted water use, which means we can't use any water outdoors. The river is at it's lowest level ever recorded for this time of year. It rarely gets this low in August.
Global warming?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Record breaking heat.
Reply #1 - 05/25/12 at 16:05:26

84' in May?...  That would be a record here, too...
... 'been 'round 100' all week... normal for here...

But, windy!... nearly blown off the mountain today... wind hit coming around a 90' curve... gust musta' been close to 50mph...
Pee'd a little... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/25/12 at 16:50:48

Gust O wind out of the west, right down an alley in Odessa, slammed into the back of a strip mall, blew one of the garage doors in, filled the building up with air, popped the whole roof off & put it in the parking lot.
About 70' worth,, just layin upside down, right in front of the individual shop doors,, wind is powerful,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 05/25/12 at 17:18:06

Not for nothing but if you look at almanacs, you'll notice most of the record high temperatures are from the early 1900's, still yet to have been broken. Do you think it was "global warming" then, also?

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #4 - 05/25/12 at 20:53:12

No not then, but it is now. Whole lot more going on with this climate change than record setting temp's.

It no longer matters if you believe in science, are a 'useful tool' denier of climate change, or even one of these:

Pentecostal pastor says "Spring tornadoes were 'demon possessed' and a sign of the apocalypse".

We are too late now to interceed and effect any meaningful change, it's irreversable.

So everyone quit worrying, relax, and let er' rip. Cheesy

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #5 - 05/25/12 at 21:07:00

It's been unusually cool and damp here.  The weatherman claims its because of el nino in the Pacific Ocean.  I guess time will tell.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 05/25/12 at 22:32:10

earth has its own way of flushin out the carp.good thing theres no dinosaurs or we wouldnt be here.now is a good time for the north american elephant extinction...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/26/12 at 04:51:27

95 in central fla yesterday, i heard on the radio from 2000 this area has had the 10 driest years in history and the 2 hottest years. Last year it seemed like every day broke some record. The weather is changing quickly!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 05/26/12 at 04:55:08

I dont know that the heat is actually record breaking, but I can tell you that if you leave an album on the dash in the sun, itll warp it up so bad you cant play it, so, I guess it mite as well be broken,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 05/26/12 at 05:44:48

I don't know whats going on in Wisconsin but we've been have weather ever day now for a while.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #10 - 05/26/12 at 13:50:25

"Now is a good time for the north american elephant extinction..."

Grin Grin Grin  +1000

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Jon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/26/12 at 15:18:18

It's hot and sticky here. I can't walk to class without looking drenched.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #12 - 05/30/12 at 06:23:19

We've been in the 90's most of the month and it looks like this summer will be another scorcher.  So far the water tables are not as low as last year though.  Problem is, since they now have zebra mussels in Lake Texoma, that water is not allowed to be channeled anywhere else in Texas so the rest of the lakes and streams aren't contaminated.  That takes it out as part of the normal water supply.  Anyway, this year is starting off a bit better than last year.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #13 - 05/30/12 at 07:11:46

When I hear or read these "global warming" prophets of doom, I can only smile and shake my head in sadness.

Why ?

They will tout "The hottest year since 1990!" and I will argue "so what?"

Was 2008 hotter than 1492 ?

Was 1861 cooler than 1776 ?

The point is these "Prophets of Doom" only read the data they want to read, and thump their own "Bible" and attack anybody who contradicts them very aggressively.

Why ? Because they KNOW they are pushing a very questionable argument, one which is SO EASY to debunk !

Governments have tarted keeping reliable records of temperatures, precipitation etc. only around 1840-1860.
Before then, data is fragmentary, often unreliable or barely usable as a "historian's reference"
but barely acceptable by climatologists and paleo-climatologists (those who study weather and its patterns in ancient times).
The study of tree rings is a much more reliable source in these cases.

What has paleo-climatology told us ?

1) Britain and Scandinavia were much warmer 100BC than they are now: evidence ?
They grew oats and barley in Scandinavia, and cultivated grapes in Britannia to make wine;
both forms of agriculture would be impossible these days, and certainly NOT because of global warming !

2) The last Ice Age came to an end around 10-12.000 BC, that's what school books teach our kids.
Since then, would you say climate has warmed, or cooled down ?  Roll Eyes
I'd say that since the Ice Age... ENDED... climate must have warmed up indeed !
And which were the causes of global warming ?  Lips Sealed Not modern industry !!!

Quite simply, our planet is heated by the sun and kept warm and cozy by the atmosphere.

If the sun has sunspot tantrums, the warming pattern WILL change.

In a wonderful series of slides that Verslagen once linked us to, it was made evident Planet Earth is subject to three global weather patterns;
- one, which is about 120.000 years long,
- one, which is about 40.000 years long,
- one, which is about 2400 years long.

But I DID manage to find a little something browsing through Wikipedia...

Most unfortunately for professional skiers, and most fortunately for professional surfers,
we are now living in a time when these three patterns are overlapping AND coming to their individual climax at the same time;
in other words, the effects of each is summed to the effects of the others.

In short, the planet will heat up (through no fault of the industry) for the next 50, maybe 100 years, and then go through some 2000 years of global cooling,
and in 2000 years archaeologists clad in furs will wonder in utter disbelief at pictures of bikini-clad surfer girls  Cheesy
and wonder how these maidens could brave the oceans populated by hairy sea lions and woolly whales... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Get my point ?

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #14 - 05/30/12 at 07:48:06

mp, I soooo agree with you!  And you make the point so eloquently.

But now factor in the idiots that are trying to "reverse" global warming.  What effect is all that they are doing going to have when the cooling period comes?  Hopefully none, as I believe nature has a way of balancing everything out, no matter what anyone does.  And are they really doing anything anyway?      

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:37:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Record breaking heat.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.