Okay,, Im in trouble.. (Read 100 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Okay,, Im in trouble..
05/25/12 at 12:19:23

History

20,000 miles, clutch throwout broke, jerked stuff around in there & broke the cam chain guide that the tensioner attaches to.

Popped the head cover & side cover, replaced guide & clutch "paddle".
Sat for 2 years I guess,, ( health issues)
Put it back together, ADJUSTED Valves,,( make note of that) new fuel, pulled the carb bowl & cleaned it up, new battery with full charge,

Fires up, idles on full or 1/2 or no choke, will take only minimal throttle before it starts acting like its running outta gas,,on prime,
Ive drained the bowl,, its not outta gas.

Now, Ive pulled the battery box & carb, pulled & checked jets, ( Before I pulled the carb, I pulled the main & cleaned it, it was a little skanky, not plugged,but not perfikk, either,,reassembled,, no gain)

I dont see anything in the carb that would have done this, but I wanna ask before I put it back in.
I am well versed in valve adjusting,,I have a very hard time believing I could have gotten that wrong,, BUT, if the symptoms point that way,, thats where Ill go next.
If theres something else I should check on the carb, okay,, point the way.
I did pull the slide, check the diaphragm,( no sunshine thru it) tested before I pulled it, felt free, but dried it off with a paper towel to make sure, saw a coupla specks of crud on the bottom of the needle, wiped away..

So,, much as it pains me to ask,, What dewwI dewww NOw?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: Okay,, Im in trouble..
Reply #1 - 05/25/12 at 12:56:14

I sure do need some Hayulp,, I guess Ill find something else to work on,, sure dont wanna be outside, its Hawt round here rite now..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #2 - 05/25/12 at 13:22:42

Not meant to insult, but you do know that the valves are only closed on every other TDC - right?

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 05/25/12 at 13:25:00

Sure sounds like carb... I'd strip it, and soak it overnight... go through the passages with a fine wire...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 05/25/12 at 13:29:51

Could be a clogged main jet.  The pilot would keep her idling nicely but you start cutting that out in favor of the main jet when you twist the throttle.

Nevermind, I just read that you said you pulled and cleaned it.

If it were mine, I'd probably try a full pilot/main adjustment sequence from square one just to be sure.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 05/25/12 at 13:35:32

Well,, I just put it back on,, looked at the slide again, its smoother & quicker now, MAYbe I won it, Ill know in a few, Im just gonna stuff the bat tree in, no box, & fahr that dude up..

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 05/25/12 at 15:21:11

When you get done come fix mine. I'm a fixin' to shoot 'er... Electrical system is, in a nutshell, F'd off.

Be quicker, cheaper and easier to fix my kick only points fired 1963 CL72 Honda. Which is 9 years older than I am. And a stinking little 250 parallel twin.

I'm really starting to remember why I don't like modern vehicles.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 05/25/12 at 15:38:30

It LIVES!! It LiVES!!!. &, on top of that, it takes throttle better than it ever has after a start. Someone is gonna be real happy when they buy this critter.. it sounds so strong,, Uggghhh, IM gonna miss it..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:28:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › Okay,, Im in trouble..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.