Send Topic Print
Blue Job Review (Read 300 times)
Denise
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Blue Job Review
05/25/12 at 11:22:06

So, after installing my new muffler I took the bike for a mile ride and the muffler turned gold imediately , obviosly my jetting was very lean , now that I rejetted ( Thanks Lancer) I decided to try to get rid of the gold and at least some of the blueing on the header.
Blue Job has alot of product demo's online which I watched and decided to give it a try , kinda blows your mind to pay $14 for 14 grams of white powder ( non narcotic) but the gold muffler really bummed me so I ordered it.
I can tell you that this stuff works "SORT OF" , it does improve the looks of the pipe but does not really remove the blueing, the gold on the muffler is still visable as well, this is after 3 hours of rubbing, when first applied it seems to have a chemical reaction as you rub but that soon stops untill more is applied, As stated by the guy in the video demo's " I use alot" , problem is you dont get much for your money and I believe the guy is pretty good at picking parts which clean up easily.
If you really want to improve the looks of your exaust this product will do that, be prepared to Rub and Rub and RUB HARD !!
My opinion is the product way too expencive and I have to wonder if I had rubbed that long and hard with " Comet" might I have achieved the same result.
I will update this as to wether this is a lasting result , others who have used this product may also want to add some imput.
"D"

Before

After

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Blue Job Review
Reply #1 - 05/25/12 at 12:23:53

Before you go straight to jetting as the culprit, IDK about That muffler, but Supertrapp includes in its instructions a warning to Clean it thoroughly or the oils on it will discolor it & will not be covered under warranty.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Denise
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/25/12 at 14:17:32

Well, putting a pod filter and that muffler on definetly leaned it out and I did clean the muffler before installing it, the gold color is right at the baffle.

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/25/12 at 12:23:53:
Before you go straight to jetting as the culprit, IDK about That muffler, but Supertrapp includes in its instructions a warning to Clean it thoroughly or the oils on it will discolor it & will not be covered under warranty.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 05/25/12 at 15:36:21

Then your assessment is probably Kee Rekkt..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 05/26/12 at 03:41:47

My trials motorcycle and dual sport motorcycle both have stainless pipes.  They also turn a funny color after having been ridden for a while - I believe it is more brown/yellow than blue.

I tried the Blue Job on them, and it did work very slowly.  Since it was stainless and I could not rub through.....and I could buff out any scratches......I used some ultra-fine steel wool with the Blue Job.  It worked much faster and did a great job.

I wonder if fine steel wool could be used on chrome without scratching it?  Don't use Scotch Brite on Chrome, I saw a banjo tailpiece that a woman cleaned with Scotch Bright.....and it was scratched badly.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 05/26/12 at 04:20:13

A brass brush wont scratch chrome, steel will, & yea, so will a plastic scotch brite pad.
I pulled the core out of a piece of parachute cord & used the empty part on the spokes, with some chrome polish,, worked great,,mite work on a muffler,

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 06/12/12 at 10:12:36

I was cleaning the blue off a chrome Supertrapp and having mediocre success with the BlueJob......lots of rubbing and not much results.  I had the muffler on a piece of carpet on the floor and was kneeling down with the muffler between my legs.  I started to use the heel of my palm instead of my fingers, and I pushed really hard and rubbed with a mixture of BlueJob and water that was damp - but not wet.  I rubbed very hard and quickly and could feel my palm getting warm, and as I continued to rub the blue went away pretty quickly.  I am in pretty good shape and I would not have been able to put this much pressure on the pipe if it had not been on the floor between my knees.  It seems that a lot of pressure and the results come much faster - but it would be nearly impossible to rub this hard with the part still on the bike.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 06/12/12 at 10:49:21

Ehhh...  I just learned to like blue... Why fight it?... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Cookie1247
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/12/12 at 10:49:32

TongueI would stay away from Comet.  Too abrasive and it contains bleach which can oxidize stainless steel.  Another rider recently posted use of aluminum foil.  Just rub the discolored spots with aluminum foil.  It should improve the appearance.

IP Logged
Denise
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/12/12 at 10:54:11

The aluminum foil worked great to get the rust off but didnt touch discoloration,
I'm with Dave, lots of pressure to the point of getting heat and the Blue job works, its been a couple weeks since I first posted this and the pipe still looks great with no sign of the blue returning, of course the bike is correctly jetted now.
"D"

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #10 - 06/13/12 at 06:50:48

Anyone ever try an electric polisher with Blue Job?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #11 - 06/13/12 at 06:54:17

Years ago I used blue away on my moto guzzi the only bike I every had that pipes turned color,It worked good on that bike.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
renegade1

SAVAGE

Abbotsford B.C.
Reply #12 - 06/13/12 at 09:09:03

hey denise, bike looks awsome. im wondering where you got that plate assembly? thats what i wanted to do to my bike but cant find anything like that everything is verticle mount... Grin

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 06/13/12 at 09:24:24

Sandblast it with 80 grit aluminum oxide for a subtle matte finish.

--Steve

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #14 - 06/13/12 at 13:05:31

Paraquat, check your local indie shop, see if they carry the Jammer's Handbook catalog from Custom Chrome.

Blue Job and similar are temporary products. The discoloration will come back. Get stuck in traffic at a summer rally... your muffler should turn a purple black at the baffle fore end...

Even correctly jetted there is a reason my bike has a flat BBQ black muffler and tail pipe.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 19:44:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Blue Job Review

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.