Send Topic Print
Tachometer Mounting (Read 114 times)
Cookie1247
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tachometer Mounting
05/23/12 at 13:23:36

I saw a photo somewhere in this website of a tach mount that looked really sharp.  I would like to reproduce this mount.   The tach was mounted in a triangular piece of metal (SS?) which was bolted at two corners to the fork where it connects to the handlebars.  It was noted that this piece of steel fit nicely in between the handlebar brackets and the fork.  It seems to me that this additional spacing between the bracket and the fork would make the handlebars loose unless some of the bracket was ground off to allow for the bracket and complete tightening of the handlebar bracket.  
Comments?

IP Logged
Zeke342

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Tachometer Mounting
Reply #1 - 05/23/12 at 16:14:49

I think Ryca has a Tach and Speedo with mounts sold seperately, You would have to ask someone else about how they look on a stock bike or if they will even function correctly on a stock bike, but I don't see why they wouldnt?

This page shows the brackets and the related items (for me) shows the cable, tach, and speedo Smiley

http://shop.rycamotors.com/gauge_brackets.html

IP Logged
kuri77

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rancho Santa Margarita, Ca
Reply #2 - 05/23/12 at 20:34:04

I did grind off some of the bracket when I made the ignition switch mount for the handlebars.  However when I mounted the tach on another bracket I found I could just add a piece of rubber inner tube and it gave enough size increase to be able to tighten the bars ok.  See my thread in the tech section "Ryca tach buy, mount and accuracy" 05/09/12 at 19:02:35 and  General Category / Rubber Side Down! / "handlebar dash with ignition switch" on: 03/08/12 at 08:38:11

Big Sur
  IP Logged
Cookie1247
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/24/12 at 04:51:51

Thanks!  That answers my questions...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print