Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
specific model number & breakin (Read 41 times)
nuster
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

specific model number & breakin
05/20/12 at 08:18:25

Parts fiche list various parts as "E28" or "E3" or "E33". I am guessing the "E33" is a California model since it has the evap tank listed. So I bought mine in Indiana so it would be a "E3" or "E28". Would this show on any of the frame stickers, our purchase papers or anywhere? I am going to order a few small OEM parts online. Just an update on my daughters ownership. I filled the tank and rode non-stop 131 miles yesterday breaking it in. The second to third shift is ever so slightly getting better, still a big clunk. 50mph going slightly uphill I WOT to 60mph and if I let off the right amount I feel a very short and slight hit of power increase. So after my plans to enrichen the low end and the midrange it may also need one step up on the main jet. during the ride testerday after 50 miles I moved the petcock to reserve just to check it out. It was stiff, so I will do this on each ride for a while. Ran about 15 miles and went back to standard. Did the entire 131 miles on standard. The 35mph in third going through town is all mild surging. And pulling away normally from a stop has a flat spot in it. The mild re-jetting will be nice. It has 343 miles. After the 600 service I will use my Lancer jet kit to work on the low & mid-range, then see how the main jet feels. I am going to order a replacement brass plug (if possible) to return to stock if needed within the warranty period. When tuned this is going to be a super fun bike. It is not very comfortable for me after 50 miles. I am 61, 5'8", 220, and had back surgery 20 years ago. The foot placement is wrong for me. "Youth is waisted on the young". Will update druing the breakin and re-tuning after the 600 mile service.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: specific model number & breakin
Reply #1 - 05/20/12 at 08:59:45

They say to vary the RPM so the rings dont set up any vibes at a constant speed. Otherwise, just ride it, Youll find that it will clack like heck if ya try to take off w/o revving it up some, that goes away when it loosens up, right now, its tight & it takes some of the HP just to turn it, later on, youll be able to feather the clutch in & just barely give it a sip O gas & it will pull away,,
A fella did tell me that you can bed rings pretty quick by getting on down the road & letting the throttle slap shut & the vacuum will pull the rings tight,, IDK,, but I did it,, & Ive enjoyed a good running engine, Related events? Ill never kknow,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: specific model number & breakin
Reply #2 - 05/20/12 at 12:21:02

E28 is for Canada.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:16:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › specific model number & breakin

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.