Rotor pulses? (Read 285 times)
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Re: Rotor pulses?
Reply #15 - 05/19/12 at 08:48:28

Hey ratz, very interesting schematic.  Looks darned versatile too and easily adapted to other projects I had in mind.   Cool

Actually, after a quick googling, the tach project looks like it's already a well beaten mule.   One thing that might be interesting tho is a 4 digit display of 2 digits for RPM and 2 digits for cyl head temp (rounded to the nearest 100 and 10 respectively).

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
ratz

Wait.......what??

Alabama Gulf Coast
Reply #16 - 05/19/12 at 08:54:29

Main problem I've had with that schematic is getting the electric eel to settle down. I've found that Thevenin's Thereom solves this by confusing the eel into submission. Wink
I do like the idea of adding cylinder temp!

IP Logged
MarkHB

Go for it!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #17 - 05/19/12 at 19:59:50

Apple retiree? Shouldn't you be using a retina display?  Cheesy

Stock White 2007 S40
Raptor petcock
1/2 white spacer
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #18 - 05/22/12 at 14:47:57

If you're looking for a tach reference, the black/yellow wire on the coil is working perfectly for my new KOSO tach.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #19 - 05/23/12 at 04:43:16

360k+ wrote on 05/19/12 at 08:48:28:
Hey ratz, very interesting schematic.  Looks darned versatile too and easily adapted to other projects I had in mind.   Cool

Nice but it's flawed, a bit like Spangsen's Theorem of Tungsten:

- you can't have a 120ohm resistor coming out of the cloverleaf junction box unless you specify the thermic reactance of the variable resistance at the other end;

- the South Pole of the compass is too weak to do any good to the blender towards which it is pointing, there is insufficient Coriolis effect on the core windings;

- similarly, you can't open&close the switch fast enough unless the electric eel is connected to a blond bombshell surfer from SoCal - provided her name is Ethel...

- the scarab beetles in the glass jar will never glow like fireflies if you use a transient resistor with two cathodes in parallel;

- the bat and the mouse cannot operate properly in series, you could clog the 240AC generator with a posicharged negatron (read that as = static charged fur ball) - have you considered in parallel with a cheeze-whiz stub ?

- there are too many triangles to balance the stars  Undecided

- The arena has two cathodes going in but no anode going out ? You always go out from the anode side... Cool

- The moral rectifier you picture is actually a DOD surplus rectified moralist, it is evident from the anode-retentive siamesed one-way cathode straps... Roll Eyes

- Can the 500AC generator  produce sufficient heat to bake the PI (=greek cake) unless the vibrator is of Klystron brand.

- The pretzel-resistor which regulater the Tear Collector is excessive and you may risk tearing it - may I suggest a figure-8 resistor which will dissipate heat more efficiently while maintaining relative humidity closer to the intrinsic values of a nuance-triggered hygrometer;

- The flux-capacitator is on backwards, I can see the stitches on the Professor's suspenders

- IEEE rule 87.485.333-A1 prohibuits the use of Holy Water as a ground/mass device; you could, in theory, protect your ground/mass from accidental reverse-charge shock (=short circuit) via a Ghost thermistor, but I see you only use two pins off the 666 timer? Are those odd or even numbered pins, and are they sequential or alternate?

Anyway, I appreciate your ingenuity and your dedication.

May I present you with an appropriate prize...

Cool Cool Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
ratz

Wait.......what??

Alabama Gulf Coast
Reply #20 - 05/24/12 at 06:40:06

Well,thank you,I've never gotten a major award before! Wink
And it's good to know I'm not the only one with too much time on his hands! (Or in your case,WAY too much time on their hands!)

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #21 - 05/25/12 at 01:28:35

OK, but...

...what about the blond bombshell surfer from SoCal ?
Will it be OK if her name isn't Ethel ?

Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #22 - 05/25/12 at 08:01:47

ratz wrote on 05/24/12 at 06:40:06:
Well,thank you,I've never gotten a major award before! Wink
And it's good to know I'm not the only one with too much time on his hands! (Or in your case,WAY too much time on their hands!)

I just pictured Darren McGavin exclaiming "It's a major award!".

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 23:20:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rotor pulses?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.