just bored (Read 290 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: just bored
Reply #15 - 05/17/12 at 08:12:24

verslagen1 wrote on 05/17/12 at 07:58:10:
therapy... that's what you need.
week long riding in the mountains with your savage buddies.

Yeah Lost Artist.  I could use some company on my trip to the Dragon.
JOG.. you too.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 05/17/12 at 09:23:14

My health has kept me off the bikes for over 2 years, Im selling mine,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #17 - 05/17/12 at 09:39:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/17/12 at 09:23:14:
My health has kept me off the bikes for over 2 years, Im selling mine,

That sux.. sorry to hear it.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 05/17/12 at 12:08:24

I feel much better now, it was just one of those, "wait, why am I working 2 jobs and have no time for myself?"  kinda moments.  just getting it out there felt good, and not getting a "quit whining and get back to work" response made me feel better too.  

I can do this, working 2 jobs for a couple of months won't kill me. I'm better than that.

It's going to be OK   Cool  

until it's not   Sad

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #19 - 05/17/12 at 12:25:50

LOL, Geez, you had us all concerned!  Well let me know when you want the "quit whining and get back to work" response and I'll be happy to give you one of those too!    

Teasing you, of course...  Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 05/17/12 at 15:41:22

LostArtist wrote on 05/17/12 at 12:08:24:
I feel much better now, it was just one of those, "wait, why am I working 2 jobs and have no time for myself?"  kinda moments.  just getting it out there felt good, and not getting a "quit whining and get back to work" response made me feel better too.  

I can do this, working 2 jobs for a couple of months won't kill me. I'm better than that.

It's going to be OK   Cool  

until it's not   Sad

LOL!  I wrote responses three separate times.  Thought not necessarily eloquent, all three were lengthy, well thought out, concisely worded responses.  I reread each prior to posting and deleted them all.  I decided that an honest response from a middle-aged guy who's currently doing his own share of assessing past decisions and future prospects might not be so uplifting.  Some days I just have to make a purposeful effort to get my mind right.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 05/17/12 at 16:52:07

you guys have no idea how much it meant to me that none of you were crass and harsh with your replies, there were no "get over it", "quit whining", etc. . . replies, I really don't have it in me to defend my feelings against other's "logic"  

I know my life isn't bad, I know lots of people have it worse, I just want a job where I can work ONE job and live my life, it's not an expensive life, really it's not, is that too much to ask?  

instead I have to work one job, look for freelance work and continue my education constantly while working fulltime and doing freelance on the side, all of that just to live my little life.  I think I just got worn out and bored with it.  

but again, I'm better now, until next time  Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 05/17/12 at 17:03:07

The game we've all been "involved" in isnt a nice one,, I remember when a man could run a 13 stool snack bar, pay for a house, own horses, save up & add on to the house, have a garage built, put gutters on the house, lease 40 acres behind the house to ride his horse AND save up to buy a little store, feedstore/gas station up near Humble Texas,, I was his grandson & I watched him do it. & it took him 6 years to go from an old PLymouth, & no pickup & no horses, to an Oldsmobile ( 56 ) & a Pickup, & add on to the house, OHH & my mom & sister & I lived with him & he took acre of Us for about a year,, Yea, do That today sellin burgers & fries & a malt,, One Man,, no help, 6 days a week, about 12 hrs a day I guess, maybe 10, IDK I was 6.. He had that store when 10 or 11,

If ya wanna know what happened, read Creature from Jekyll Island or get the CD,,but reading is better, cuz when theres a part thats hard to get, you can just reread it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #23 - 05/17/12 at 23:23:07

Variety may be the spice of life, but boredom pays the bills.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 05/17/12 at 23:25:26

Boofer wrote on 05/17/12 at 23:23:07:
Variety may be the spice of life, but boredom pays the bills.  Grin

Grin...  

Hey, Lost!...
Quit yer' whinin'... back to the grind, my friend...  Wink...

« Last Edit: 05/18/12 at 00:29:02 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #25 - 05/18/12 at 06:35:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/17/12 at 17:03:07:
If ya wanna know what happened, read Creature from Jekyll Island or get the CD,,but reading is better, cuz when theres a part thats hard to get, you can just reread it.

That's a really freaky and scary story... but to go any further means moving to a tall table.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 05/18/12 at 07:37:43

Ayyyuppp,, KNowing what is in that book will change ones entire perception of reality,, from one of having been conned into believing a lie & into working from a foundation of true understanding.,

IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #27 - 05/18/12 at 08:37:00

Starlifter wrote on 05/16/12 at 17:20:01:
"I don't think I'm depressed".

Actually LA these feelings that you describe sound exactly like a mild form of depression. There are very mild doses of meds SRI's (seratonan re-uptake inhibitors) which correct the slight imbalance in brain chemistry.

Ask your Doc. about them. I have been on them for some time and they work well.

Well said, Starlifter. LostArtist, I'm a mental health social worker and have seen by experience (mine and MANY others) that EVERYONE EXCLUDING NO ONE has tough times, lingering issues, and the need for some extra help at times. Mild forms of depression respond well to serotonin re-uptake inhibitors, change in scenery/routines, a listening ear - one or all of these depending on who you are and what your own preferences are.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 05/18/12 at 08:44:26

Phhhht,, steer as far away from that crap as ya can,, before you take Anything, find out what exactly its is made of,,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoxetine

Fluo,, same first letters as Fluoride,, not good.
Suicides & these pills go hand in hand,

IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 05/18/12 at 12:12:33

Brand new girfriend!!  Always worked for me! Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home