Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
just bored (Read 290 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

just bored
05/16/12 at 13:05:14

ever just been bored with your life?  

I'm busy, working 2 jobs, working a grad project for my masters degree and working on a project with a great group of people for some other things.  and yet I can't shake this feeling that I just don't care or want to be doing any of this stuff.  I don't know what I want to be doing, but this isn't it, but until I know what else I want to do, this is what I got to do.

everything just seems futiile.  

I don't think I'm depressed, I don't hate my life or anything, I'm just bored  Undecided

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: just bored
Reply #1 - 05/16/12 at 13:28:55

Wow.....you need to find something to shake that feeling off.  I am guessing you are young, as you are college age.  What do you think it will be like when you are in the last few years of your employment, getting older every day, and your body/mind/looks have peaked?

For me, I started going to the gym every morning for the last 1.5 years and working out hard.  I have gone from 20.6% body fat to 9.4%, gone from 172 pounds to 156, gone from a 34" waist to 30".  I can run a 10K (6.2 miles) race in 47 minutes which is the top 10% for my age, I can outlift and outendure most of the people in my gym, and they call me "ROCKY" as I have won just about every competition that I have entered.  It has been a real boost to my energy level and outlook on life, as you can tell by the signature I have written at the bottom of my page.

My advice.....get out and get some excersize!  I am 56 and in the best physical shape of my life.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #2 - 05/16/12 at 13:31:46

Been there man. I worked three jobs while in my masters program, played on a club soccer team, and maintained a social life but still found myself very bored with life. Sometimes everyday seems like its the same old sh1t, no matter how busy you get it does not really matter.

I suggest focusing on answering the question of "what do i actually want to be doing and how do I get there?"

Often we have to do things we dont want to do to get somewhere we do want to be.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 05/16/12 at 13:38:53

Skydiving,, thats the answer,, or maybe one of those Wing Suits,, & see how close you can get to the rocks pokin outta the side of the mountain.
Theres a guy in another forum from Norway, says they hafta go scrape one up every coupla months,,

Seriously, a guy can get the way youre talkin about feeling, not because youre really bored, you arent Bored, youre feeling a little overwhelmed, you dont have time to be bored, youre not thrilled with the prospect of where youre going any more, Youre running out of vision & exuberance. Getting a little tired of waiting to be happy,, dont wait to be happy,,
be happy NOW, People are happy, or they arent, events are distractions, exciting events we choose , we call fun & fun makes us happy,, for a while, but actually Living a Happy life isnt due to a stream of happy happy joy joy events, its a choice,
The "Ill be happy when___________ happens" mentality is a sure path to being unhappy, even after _________ happens,, It will lift the spirits & youll be happy when you graduate, but you still wont be living a happy life, youll need a new mountain to climb, in order to feel that sense of achievement.

I know where the bad thinking comes from & how hard it is to ditch, & Im am still working on it,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/16/12 at 15:16:29

I think that's the problem, I don't know what I WANT to do, I know what I don't want to do, I don't want to be poor anymore, hence the two jobs, and the graduate school, but I don't see a clear way out. I just see work and more work.  I don't mind the work, but it doesn't make me happy either. I don't care if people like what I do or not, I don't care if I like what I do or not as a graphic designer.  hopefully after this job stuff gets sorted out I'll be able to move forward again, right now I'm working 2 jobs, one part time that wants me full time but they want to see how I work with their team (like how I get along with everyone there and stuff) and I don't have total confidence that they really want a graphic designer, they seem hesitant to pull the trigger on getting software and stock art services and stuff that I feel I need to do the job professionally, so if that job works out then I get to move up a LITTLE in pay and quit my current full time job.  

so yeah, maybe I'm just a bit overwhelmed right now, maybe that's just something I need to get used to

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 05/16/12 at 16:17:55

Hmmm,, let me see,,  I hire a man who does things I dont have tools for, but I dont want to buy the tools he needs,,

I wouldnt bet on that guy being very happy.. I worked for a man & we repaired copiers. We had 5 of one model out , rented & we had maintenance agreements,, The fine adjustments were made thru programming, accessed thru the keypad. The really smart guy who could do it, had no manual to tell him what numbers to push,, & the boss didnt want to drop $150.00 for a book. So, the guy would call a friend in El Paso & wait for an hour while the guy hunted a code,,& fixed things,, I finally sat the boss down & explained to him the losses he was incurring by having a man standing at the phone, on hold, the added time on this Un Billable repair meant the tech couldnt be on a billable job at $65.00/ hr, which would buy the manual in short order and we were wearing out our welcome & ruining the good will with the guys in the shop in El Paso.  Since we had 5 of the same model out around town, we had one in the shop real regular, so this Call & Ask Questions game was played at least twice a month,

He bought the manual.

If a business man doesnt have the sense to put the necessary materials & supplies in to accomplish the tasks at hand,, I walk around wondering how he ever got in business,, Or,, maybe the guy just doesnt grasp the importance of the kind of tools you need,
I know one thing, I would have this ironed out before I took the job,
Maybe you otta take him to lunch & show him what you really do & maybe take him to where you work & show him what kind of tools you have to work with,I really dont think Id tell anyone he is a potential employer,, just an old friend from out of town,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #6 - 05/16/12 at 17:20:01

"I don't think I'm depressed".

Actually LA these feelings that you describe sound exactly like a mild form of depression. There are very mild doses of meds SRI's (seratonan re-uptake inhibitors) which correct the slight imbalance in brain chemistry.

Ask your Doc. about them. I have been on them for some time and they work well.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 05/16/12 at 17:44:48

LostArtist wrote on 05/16/12 at 13:05:14:
ever just been bored with your life?  

I'm busy, working 2 jobs, working a grad project for my masters degree and working on a project with a great group of people for some other things.  and yet I can't shake this feeling that I just don't care or want to be doing any of this stuff.  I don't know what I want to be doing, but this isn't it, but until I know what else I want to do, this is what I got to do.

everything just seems futile.  

I don't think I'm depressed, I don't hate my life or anything, I'm just bored  Undecided

Sounds like you're nearing completion of your current goals and need to set some new ones.

WWW   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/16/12 at 17:51:51

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/16/12 at 16:17:55:
Hmmm,, let me see,,  I hire a man who does things I dont have tools for, but I dont want to buy the tools he needs,,

I wouldnt bet on that guy being very happy.. I worked for a man & we repaired copiers. We had 5 of one model out , rented & we had maintenance agreements,, The fine adjustments were made thru programming, accessed thru the keypad. The really smart guy who could do it, had no manual to tell him what numbers to push,, & the boss didnt want to drop $150.00 for a book. So, the guy would call a friend in El Paso & wait for an hour while the guy hunted a code,,& fixed things,, I finally sat the boss down & explained to him the losses he was incurring by having a man standing at the phone, on hold, the added time on this Un Billable repair meant the tech couldnt be on a billable job at $65.00/ hr, which would buy the manual in short order and we were wearing out our welcome & ruining the good will with the guys in the shop in El Paso.  Since we had 5 of the same model out around town, we had one in the shop real regular, so this Call & Ask Questions game was played at least twice a month,

He bought the manual.

If a business man doesnt have the sense to put the necessary materials & supplies in to accomplish the tasks at hand,, I walk around wondering how he ever got in business,, Or,, maybe the guy just doesnt grasp the importance of the kind of tools you need,
I know one thing, I would have this ironed out before I took the job,
Maybe you otta take him to lunch & show him what you really do & maybe take him to where you work & show him what kind of tools you have to work with,I really dont think Id tell anyone he is a potential employer,, just an old friend from out of town,,

right now they are outsourcing most of the work, I only do a little bit of it, they are just toying with the idea of having an in house designer and starting an art department, I don't think they know what they would be getting into, I'd love to help them do that though, and I'll inform them of what it would take and the expenses and all of that when the time comes, for now I'm just enjoying the job as much as I can and getting a feel for the people and company, it's a very small company, successful though

IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #9 - 05/16/12 at 18:18:06

The only thing worse than being idle is being too busy.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #10 - 05/16/12 at 20:47:36

You need a job where you can't wait to get to work in the morning. Find it and you're golden.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 05/16/12 at 23:57:24

Lost,... your SS.com name says it all...
I struggle with it, too...
PTSD, depression, loss...

Here's the deal... everything is out there...  make your choices, and go..
Consider... that, every option that you can imagine, is available on this planet...  .  
Your choices, and options... are different than anybody else's... but,... remember... every option,.. every possibility,  that you can imagine, is out there... and the only thing stopping you, is your choice...  
Personal circumstance, is the thing that limits us... and even that is an option,

We can't be... anything we want to be... That's bull...
Life deals it's hand...   and we must live with it...
... but,... the options are there... we just choose to leave them, because our choices are different than any other persons....

If you understand this... you can relax... and appreciate all the joys that this life offers...
...and accept that your personal road,.. is directed  to a specific direction... it's no better or worse, because it is incomparable to any other...
You are on a unique path, that will go in a unique direction, and your task is to relax and appreciate the ride... and do what you can to maximise it...
Accept that you can't be anyone, or any thing, you want to be.....
... but,.. you can be,.. all you can be... in this life,.. given this hand,.. that you were dealt...

I have admired.... and respected... the openness and honesty,.. that you have shown on this site...  
I see a good man there....
Life delivers to the good... or, fuk'it... it don't...
...but, you have to live by some code...

It's not whether you win or lose,... it's how you play the game...
I see you playing it honourably...
... that wins...  it's the only ruler...
Now enjoy all you can find...

Peace, Serow...

PS... I don't mean to sound like Yoda....   I don't have it all figured out...
... in fact.... I struggle with a hopelessness... every day....
... but, I know... this life contains all the options I am allowed,... and I make the best of them....

Wink...

PSS... PM me,... any time... if you need an open ear,.. a stupid joke,.. or a voice to smooth the ride...
Sincerely...  Serow...

PSSS!... when I get down... this always cheers me, a bit...
Really... ( hope it brings a smile)...

PM me,...,anybody,... any time...
Peace, bro...
 Huh...

« Last Edit: 05/17/12 at 01:27:40 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #12 - 05/17/12 at 06:00:05

Don't you feel better after letting some of that out?  I've never been big on "therapy", (I do believe it works for those who believe in it)  But I do think it always helps to let your feelings out, and talk to those who care, whatever the problem may be.  We care, I care!  I don't have much advise, I have the same feelings from time to time.  I sew when I get down, or ride when possible.  Sometimes life is just overwhelming.  Three thing that I have found that make me totally focus on what I am doing "in that moment" are riding, hunting, or sewing.  Doesn't make everything else go away, but it does sooth the soul for a while.  Gives a clearer head to be able to make a choice that maybe wasn't even thought of, when my head is so full of everything else.  Might be time for some drastic changes, or maybe just some minor changes, but I have faith it will come to you.  

One more thing - as bad as your life may seem, someone has it worse!  Concentrate on the good to make it better!     Kiss

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 05/17/12 at 07:56:00

So, marriage ended, Air Force threw me out,, I was adrift in the ocean, it all happened so fast,, What did I want to do?

So, I grabbed a notebook & a pen & started writing, had to go get another notebook,, I was still writing,,
Finally,, I decided I wanted to work on a ranch, mending fences had to be a pretty fine job,,for the summer, anyway.,,Ohh but not for the winter,, No SIR

Winter time required a whole different kinda thinking,

I decided I otta be a bartender, at a ski lodge.,.thats a good place to be in the winter,

So,, I went & got me a job on a drilling rig & lived in Odessa,, Blech!

I just wasnt adventurous enough to pursue it.,

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 05/17/12 at 07:58:10

therapy... that's what you need.
week long riding in the mountains with your savage buddies.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 23:47:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › just bored

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.