Send Topic Print
My first 3D movie (Read 91 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
My first 3D movie
05/16/12 at 05:13:26

On an impulse, we decided we needed out, so, we went to the movies, My wife wanted to see The Avengers & the only convenient show time for us was the 3D version, So, we donned our goofy glasses & watched,,
Dude! That was Uh Mazing! Oh, & the movie was fun, too.,They tore some stuff UP,, It was cool, seeing the characters I read about when I was a kid, My Granpa had a store & he had a box of used comic books, Id go thru them first thing when I went for the weekends, this was like those old comics came to life, & Boy did they break things!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: My first 3D movie
Reply #1 - 05/16/12 at 06:23:09

My first 3-d movie was in 1953 at the theater in town.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 05/16/12 at 09:31:58

My first 3-D movey experience was amazing too.  It was somewhere around 1979.....I saw "The Stewardesses" in 3D......and it was....uh.....an experience for a young guy.'

More recently in my adult life......I saw AVATAR in 3D.  It was really cool with all the flying that was done.  The really cool parts was when all the ashes were falling from a fire.....and they looked like little pieces of ash were falling in your lap.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 05/16/12 at 09:49:49

Today's 3-D is definitely a far cry from the stuff in the days of Creature From The Black Lagoon.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 05/16/12 at 10:19:49

Yea,, they didnt have computer generated stuff to play with back then, IDK anything about 3 d technology or what advances have been made, but I took the glasses off for a minute to see what it looked like w/o them,, & its not pretty at all,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #5 - 05/16/12 at 10:23:02

Do they still use the paper glasses with one red/one green piece of cellophane over the eyes??
I haven't seen one in years either, but I do want to see The Avengers.  Maybe this weekend...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #6 - 05/16/12 at 10:23:55

That WAS pretty cool wasn't it? I. too, chose the movie in 3D because I didn't want to wait for a regular showing. (seems like I never go to the movies anymore & the kids were impatient) They have come a LONG way haven't they? ....and you can't go wrong with blowing stuff up when you're trying to entertain kids...and grandpas Wink

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #7 - 05/16/12 at 10:28:37

babyhog wrote on 05/16/12 at 10:23:02:
Do they still use the paper glasses with one red/one green piece of cellophane over the eyes??
I haven't seen one in years either, but I do want to see The Avengers.  Maybe this weekend...  

No, they are a new style of plastic lenses that are grey, kindof like a polarizing effect. And SO MUCH BETTER than the  RED/GREEN of yesteryear  Grin

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 05/16/12 at 10:31:27

Instead of using separate colors for the right and left lenses, they are now polarized in different directions.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 05/16/12 at 10:42:04

I really didn't like the first one I saw in 1953,It was a Cowboy and Indian movie and I spend most of the time ducking arrows.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #10 - 05/16/12 at 10:50:30

I figured they had come up with something better by now!

bill, that was a good one... ducking arrows... LOL   Grin

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 05/16/12 at 10:53:25

Yea, Bill,, that was good.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:25:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › My first 3D movie

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.