Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Locked thread? (Read 110 times)
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Locked thread?
05/15/12 at 15:16:49

Tried to pm oldfeller with no luck, why was the positive view of Iran locked? No one was rude or said anything but the truth so why was it locked? Simply to stop any opinions other than the media/ machines view of them?   By locking the thread pretty much proves what those that were quick enough to post there views were saying!!   Lips Sealed

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: Locked thread?
Reply #1 - 05/15/12 at 16:08:02

I love Stimpy's posts, they are among the most insightful and never offensive at all.  But I guess it is concievable that someone could get their panties in a bunch over the 'war machine' reference.  Technically that's political, therefore subject to locking/moving since it's outside of the politics thread.  

Perhaps it would be better to leave it at "A lot of Iranians are quite awesome.  Look at some of their achievements."  That is a sentiment I can vouch for, at least the ones I've worked with are highly educated and have learned English as a second language, cleared all the immigration hurdles, etc., and are top achievers to begin with. For example, my friend Dr. Soheil Nazarian.
http://orspprofile.utep.edu/profilesystem/editprofile.php?pid=1000

If y'all want us to change/merge any politics thread, just let us know.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 05/15/12 at 19:13:48

Drifter,

The rules are quite simple, all politics and religion go up in the Tall Table thread.

Moderators are getting complaints about these recent intentional leakages from the Tall Table.   Two posters have been cautioned to stop doing it.  

Two moderators join in with these complaints because they are having to spend time dealing with the leaks.  I am one of these moderators.

We have been locking leakages for some time now or cleaning them up internally to remove the political or religious responses from inside them.  This is a tremendous waste of time and effort.   They should have been posted in the Tall Table.

So you will understand this better, I just renamed and cleaned up the thread you mentioned above to remove all the objectionable material.

If it had been posted in the Tall Table as it should have been, none of this pruning and trimming would have been needed or desired.

Posting Tall Table material in the Cafe as "feelers" or "fishing lures" trying to get people to go up into the Tall Table to discuss is not kosher or acceptable.

All you guys need to stop doing this.

« Last Edit: 05/15/12 at 21:30:41 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/15/12 at 20:00:15

What part of the thread was politics or religion, i dont recall anyone mentioning either maybe you have thin skin or want to block any intelligent conversation that does not agree with your opinions??

Boule, i agree with you on this one!!

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #4 - 05/15/12 at 20:39:52

To be clear.  Oldfeller or any mod here is well within his rights to moderate/move/change that sort of thread. It is not cool to talk about the US trying to trump up a war with Iran.. that is the realm of politics.  It is perfectly fine to talk about Iranians that you may know, that may be awesome in their achievements, or Iran's progress as a country.  Oldfeller's or Verslagen's or my opinions about the subject at hand are 100% irrelevant. It is just a matter of sticking to the deal we agreed to.

I see OF graciously unlocked the original thread after renaming it. Great, matter resolved.

darn that JohnH, I told him to de-mod me!  Grin

Cool

..... plenty of room in the hotel California,

you can check out any time you like

but you can never leave

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/16/12 at 06:03:26

As a retired disabled vet, i call em as i seem em!! Never been to worried about being cool. Some famous actor once said some cant handle the truth!! Glad to see the thread unlocked! Peace  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:23:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Locked thread?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.