Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Michigan Resends Motorcycle Helmet Law (Read 218 times)
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Re: Michigan Resends Motorcycle Helmet Law
Reply #30 - 05/15/12 at 12:24:59

I spent a couple days in our state capitol in Mo. during Senate Transportation Committee hearings talking to reps. Its a real eye opener. The amount of insurance company lobbyist pressure is pretty great and some of the statistics were so ridiculous that even the Senators were questioning how they could come up with the conclusions they were spouting as "fact" from the data they had submitted. When lobbyists have a hand in HOW a law is written, it should come as no great surprise that the outcome would favor the industry he represents!
 On a side note, I was told, off the record, by one committee aide that one of the Senators that used to oppose a change in helmet laws has decided the "Darwin Award" contingent wasn't going away but they would probably be the first to go helmetless in poor weather conditions and thus reduce the gene pool. It made for a good story but kind of reduced mt respect for the guy!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 05:34:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Michigan Resends Motorcycle Helmet Law

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.