Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
car accident (Read 110 times)
baker87

ridin since 06

venus tx
car accident
05/12/12 at 19:46:36

well i was rear ended on monday, called the police and the man told them it was his fault.... we were stopped at a railroad crossing, train passed, just after the tracks they have a stop sign and he was watching the train and not me...  my moms car is totaled(3400 in damage) car is worth 2100.... i have a dislocated left collarbone.. i was told it is a type 4 dislocation... and left neck muscles are stretched.... and he said something about 6 vertebrae being misaligned... shoulder can be corrected but can be easily injured at any point in the future... im glad i was not on my bike Undecided

ride hard/live hard
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: car accident
Reply #1 - 05/12/12 at 20:14:05

Ive used somewhere between 25 & 30 chiropractors. Of that number, Id say about 12 to 15 were decent, & 2 were good & 1 was excellent, most I saw only once, cuz they werent worth a hoot,
YOu need one, If I needed one now & know what I know, Id go hang out near the door & talk to people as they leave, Id ask how many times theve been there & what gains theyve seen.

Also., if you can find a doctor of holistic or preventative medicine who will give you magnesium in an IV, youll be over the soreness much sooner,.

Ohh,, & BTW, if you have muscles that have been stretche past where they should be, you may need to pull them back, you can use isometrics or light weights,, look into that, maybe visit a professional,, what do they call those folks? They help injured people get back to work,, dangittt,, thats frustrating,, Ive been to one,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
baker87

ridin since 06

venus tx
Reply #2 - 05/12/12 at 20:27:23

Yep i have a good chiropractor.... at 100 an hour he better be the best... he did 3 x-rays... and personal trainers help with sports injuries and plyometrics....  he said my shoulder may need surgery...

ride hard/live hard
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 05/12/12 at 21:41:59

Id avoid surgery till there was just no option, YOud be surprised what you can accomplish with guts & determination, & a lousy surgery never fixes.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/12/12 at 21:53:59

When the swelling and acute trauma subside, look into Prolotherapy, it has hepled me immeasureably in my shoulders and, knee, and upper back. I've had 2 shoulder surgeries and they were useless, never properly diagnosed to begin with. Chiros are a good tool, but you need to see a reputable orthopedic as well.  Good luck

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 05/12/12 at 22:03:06

I dislocated my right ankle in my late 20's.( Jumped to catch a Frisbee & came down with the toe pointed back, wearing leather shoes) It hurt so bad I wasnt gonna wait on a dr to put it back, I stuck it in a pan full of ice with enough water to get my foot in & it actually felt good,, soon as it was pretty numb, I went to a wall,, placed my foot at the angle it looked like it needed pushed in & jumped over it. I was at work the next day with a green/black/yellow ankle, & for the next few months focused on lifting my little toe with each step. Ive never twisted that ankle again, I tightened the muscles supporting the outside of the ankle,

It never stopped me from doing anything or even slowed me down, It has needed popped, but thats no biggeee,,

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 05/13/12 at 05:56:45

Sorry to hear of the accident.
Evaluate carefully regarding surgery.  When they mess with moving parts of the body there are ALWAYS symptomatic issues left over resulting from the surgery.  I only consider it when parts are broken beyond normal repair.  Results of a surgery can be worse than the original bothersome symptom attempting to be fixed.

A really good massage therapist can do wonders for soft tissue damage like the muscles you have stretched.  After breaking my back last year in a bike accident it was a super massage therapist who did me the most good in getting back to normal activities and pain relief
I still see her about monthly for basic physical maintenance.

Try to find one.

IP Logged
baker87

ridin since 06

venus tx
Reply #7 - 05/13/12 at 08:16:35

K thanks for ur input... so will they work with u on the insurance companies behalf, for example my chiropractor is related to one of my good friends and he took down the insurance companies info to bill them on the final visit.... and i have been doing electrotherapy for my neck muscles and it is helping alot but the back muscle to the right of the shoulder blade and left of spine is damaged enough to severe pain on a scale of 1-10 it tops a 10 easy sometimes with decent swelling....

ride hard/live hard
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 05/13/12 at 19:45:42

Don't go under the knife until you have exhausted every other form of treatment. And I mean every.

2/2002 blew out discs at 2 different levels. Corrective surgery in 2003, was healing, I sneezed, surgery redone in 2004. Have had to use a cane off and on ever since. If I sit in my wife's Subaru for more than about 30 miles my legs cease functioning. So much the power of modern medicine. Missing pieces of bone and disc at 2 levels, lost an inch of height (now 6'2"), limited range of motion, permanent 35# lift/push/pull weight restriction, 85% disability rating...

2/2008 shattered my left shoulder in a low speed motorcycle wreck. Popped the ball off AND broke the ball into 4 pieces. Very limited range of motion post-op. And I can feel when the muscles get caught on the plate and pin edges. Not pleasant. And the range of motion problems are permanent.

I've been trying to repaint my Savage for 2 years now. It used to take a week. My bike used to change colors seasonally. If not the entire design.

As far as post-op riding goes, forget it unless you are able to completely re-engineer the ergonomics of the bike to compensate.

Give yourself time to heal. Find a good physical therapist, preferably one who knows something besides sports therapy. Neck and shoulder damage call for some occupational therapy exercises as well. And request some pool therapy as part of your onsite PT routine, it really makes things happen more smoothly.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #9 - 05/13/12 at 20:59:36

Just to voice the other side of it. I have had both shoulders cut into, and they are now good as new. I have full rang of motion and no pain. Even better I didn't pay for either one.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/13/12 at 21:07:59

Neck Muscles heal, they have rich source of blood. it's the ligaments and tendons that are the ornery ones. [color=#ffff00][/color]The upper back mucle pains sounds like your romboid. Treat your neck and clavicle and that back pain should go away. Sounds like a pain referral pattern, look up cervical disc pain patterns.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:25:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › car accident

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.