Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Oil Coolers
Reply #30 - 05/14/12 at 17:59:16

Greg, every new person who accidentally starts an oil war apologizes for doing it.  

Fact is, we start them by answering the question which provokes Bill and then it is off to the races and it all slides downhill from there.

Let's see, where is slippery Bill slid off to now?   Has he started the wiggle worm routine yet?  Where is he gotten off to now?

Oh yes, he now disavows throwing Klotz under the bus and says he's never really used Mobile 1 (car style) in a motorcycle because he's gonna change it out of his 1500 twin and put in the big K red koolade.

OK Bill, if Mobile 1 (car) is such great stuff, why are you being so quick to take it out of your 1500cc Suzuki V twin and put the big K koolade into it?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #31 - 05/14/12 at 18:33:59

Its been in it for 2 years I don't think that is to quick,When did you useMobil One car oil in a motorcycle

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #32 - 05/14/12 at 18:57:56

Bill, don't get confused.   I never put Mobile 1 SM or SN car oil into a motorcycle like you just recommended (then retracted) -- ever.

I did put some Extended Grade Mobil 1 (SL spec'd) 0w50 into my Savage when it was a puppy (before JASO ratings and motorcycle oils became commonplace) and I ran it for five quick normal Suzuki oil change intervals until Mobil screwed their oil all up with the SM changeover (historical fact -- see BITOG) and I went over to Rotella T Full Synthetic (soon to become Rotella T6).

Metal produced by my engine during this Mobile 1 use period was greater than the amount of metal produced later on by Rotella (even though I quickly began extending the drain interval on the Rotella Synthetic to a full year and in that same time period I began to run the snot out of the engine with the new hot stage 2 cam).

Please note: newer engines likely do make more metal than well seasoned older engines -- I believe this and point it out to you now for consideration.

So, when I say Rotella T6 is "better oil than Mobil 1" well,  I have an empirical & reasonable reason to say that.   Not to mention what BITOG says, or anybody else says.

As always, I offer data and pictures when I say something -- so here is my source material:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1197231468/0

MOBIL 1 0w50 FULL SYNTHETIC oil, 1 year 5 oil changes (suzuki recommended intervals)

====================

ROTELLA T6 5w40 FULL SYNTHETIC oil, 1 year,  same oil for a year (no changes)

And I have never never thrown my oil under the bus in a fit of forgetfulness

« Last Edit: 05/15/12 at 12:03:15 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #33 - 05/14/12 at 21:37:14

bill67 wrote on 05/14/12 at 13:17:10:

The only S40s that are showing wear are the ones using Rotella oil in them, (some proof please) Theres people on here that have driven 50000 miles on s40 with no problem, (who please) My wifes GN 400 went 26000 mile nothing done to it and no problems (and this applies how?).You guys are your own worst problem playing around with diesel oil and see how much its costing you, you have all kinds of problems.   (Now this is true, both Verslagen and I have modded and ridden the pure tee stuffin's out of our Savages -- our problems from this don't stem from the oil we use per se)

I call for the Kangaroo Kourt to come into session.

Bill is accused of making unsubstantiated claims about oil again -- this time making unsubstantiated and misleading negative claims about somebody else's oil and in a libelous fashion (being in print form in front of hundreds of readers).

This is Bill's fourth repeat offense.  I question if leniency should be extended again, or if the prior sentencing should be summarily carried out.

May I ask the Kourt to repeat what Bill was told was going to happen to him if he repeated his bullshootin' offenses yet again?

Will the Kourt scribe please read the record of the Kangaroo Kourt's sentence that passed on Bill after the last Oil War?

Roll Eyes    and I'd better quit calling Klotz "red koolade" and saying it's made out of female estro hormones although it could be as nobody really knows what "Estrolin base oil" is made out of -- although a Google search of the term comes up with this:

"Estrolin is a natural transdermal antiandrogen complex believed to interfere with the formation of DHT, the primary cause of female hair loss."

..... so you could kinda say it is mebbe a female hormonal product of some sort .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #34 - 05/14/12 at 22:04:52

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/14/12 at 21:37:14:
"Estrolin is a natural transdermal antiandrogen complex believed to interfere with the formation of DHT, the primary cause of female hair loss."
       ..... so you could kinda say it is mebbe a female hormonal product of some sort .....[/color][/size]

male hair loss too.   Shocked

No wonder Bill's hair is falling out -- he rubs the stuff on his head all the time

WWW   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #35 - 05/15/12 at 07:02:07

Bill has a need to reinforce our opinions of his knowledge and analytical prowess every few weeks or so.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #36 - 05/15/12 at 10:46:18

Gyrobob wrote on 05/15/12 at 07:02:07:
Bill has a need to reinforce our opinions of his knowledge and analytical prowess every few weeks or so.

Yes I do,And I always eat a big bowl of wheat germ first,So I'm at my best.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
gcsdls

Midlife...about
time!

Arkansas
Reply #37 - 05/15/12 at 11:44:31

You guys have made me laugh more today than I have in some time!   Grin

And I have learned a lot about oil in just a few minutes of reading, so oil wars (in print) are very good things.....

Just my .02

IP Logged
Savage 1987

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 05/15/12 at 12:45:13

I guess an oil change is now on my list for this weekend.  Rotella T6.

I am so impressionable.

IP Logged
TossingLead
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

DFW, Tx
Reply #39 - 05/15/12 at 13:00:27

OK Oil Can help, but what about the oil cooler and what size cooler, who has one and do you have pix?

IP Logged
gcsdls

Midlife...about
time!

Arkansas
Reply #40 - 05/15/12 at 13:01:31

I'm going to throw in another question into the mix here.  I have a diesel car, so I know that Rotella is good stuff.  But how does it compare to Amsoil?  Over at the TDIClub.com website, they have such oil wars, and it usually revolves around Amsoil vs. Rotella.  Have any of you used Amsoil?  It's great in a diesel....

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #41 - 05/15/12 at 13:20:27

No bones to pick with Amisol products in general other than it costs 2-3 times more than it should, it always tests out to meet the specs it advertises.

Rotella (if weight is appropriate) can be used in any vehicle that isn't equipped with a catalytic converter that might be harmed by the high levels of ZDDP in the Rotella products.

However, the same caution applies to Amisol products since they have as much or more ZDDP in them as Rotella does --- but Amisol does not bother to warn anyone about killing their catalytic converters by using their high ZDDP oils.

VERY FEW oil coolers have been installed here on the list -- explanation is up thread.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
gcsdls

Midlife...about
time!

Arkansas
Reply #42 - 05/15/12 at 13:25:43

I hear you on the expense of Amsoil.  So tell me...which is better oil?  Which holds up better?  I know the Amsoil holds up under normal circumstances...and I also know that Rotella does the same.  I've never heard horror stories about Rotella, but I have heard horror stories about Amsoil...and don't know whether to believe them or not.   Undecided  Any bad experiences with either?

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #43 - 05/15/12 at 13:33:14

Savage 1987 wrote on 05/15/12 at 12:45:13:

I am so impressionable.

If you use rotella T6 be sure to use that additive it needs that OF uses .Or get Klotz no additive needed.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #44 - 05/15/12 at 13:42:45

bill67 wrote on 05/15/12 at 13:33:14:
Savage 1987 wrote on 05/15/12 at 12:45:13:

I am so impressionable.

If you use rotella T6 be sure to use that additive it needs that OF uses .Or get Klotz no additive needed.

Additive needed only if you're breaking in a hot cam.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:19:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil Coolers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.