Send Topic Print
JETSETS (Read 11183 times)
joeyt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: JETSETS
Reply #510 - 02/03/19 at 14:42:01

Hello Mr. Lancer. I'd like to purchase a jet set, gasket, and possibly screw set from you to correct the lean status of my new to me '96. I'd have PM'd you, but I'm new here. Smiley

How much would you recommend the screws? I've seen people complain about the ones on the carb. And what would my total be?

Thank you!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #511 - 02/04/19 at 16:55:30

joeyt wrote on 02/03/19 at 14:42:01:
Hello Mr. Lancer. I'd like to purchase a jet set, gasket, and possibly screw set from you to correct the lean status of my new to me '96. I'd have PM'd you, but I'm new here. Smiley

How much would you recommend the screws? I've seen people complain about the ones on the carb. And what would my total be?

Thank you!

Howdy

The JETSET is $30 and it does include the floatbowl gasket.
The Screw Set is all stainless steel, cost is $15 if purchased separately or if with the JETSET is just $10.
So total for both is just $40, and shipping is included if within the US.
For international shipping the cost is more of course and determined by the country of destination.

IP Logged
joeyt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #512 - 02/04/19 at 18:22:27

Fantastic! $40 from Joey sent to you. I appreciate it.

Would you have a recommendation where to start with a Ryca flat pod filter, and a freer flowing exhaust? Still looking into what exhaust specifically, but it will be a cheaper shorty exhaust off of amazon or ebay, or even stock exhaust for now.

In LA, so my elevation is between 300-800ft depending what part of the valley I'm in.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #513 - 02/05/19 at 04:47:09

joeyt wrote on 02/04/19 at 18:22:27:
Fantastic! $40 from Joey sent to you. I appreciate it.

Would you have a recommendation where to start with a Ryca flat pod filter, and a freer flowing exhaust? Still looking into what exhaust specifically, but it will be a cheaper shorty exhaust off of amazon or ebay, or even stock exhaust for now.

In LA, so my elevation is between 300-800ft depending what part of the valley I'm in.

With an all stock engine start with the #50 pilot and #150 main jet, 2 washers in place of the white spacer.  Be careful when removing the 2 tiny screws in the slide to remove the white spacer.  They are typically pretty tight and can be striped, so get a real good fitting screwdriver and tap with a hammer to loses them.  I use a small impact driver with the slide mounted on a vice with the needle of the slide between the jaws and holding it gently.  This gives a good solid base to work on and makes the removal a bit easier.  
If you have an old desktop computer box some of the tiny screws inside can be used to replace the softer stock screws holding the needle.  They are made of much better metal and don’t get torn up.
I think the little filter in the RYCA kit is too small for our engine if you want it to run best.  I think they choose it because it fit the space better for their purpose.  It is “ok” but not the best.  I like the Uni filter, it performs best of other types, is very cost effective, being foam it is easier to install and will conform to the space, and has two layers with the outside layer being removable.  Cost is $20 compared to $50 for a K&N pod.
I use a Cone Engineering muffler on my Savage, REX.
They are all stainless steel, assorted shapes, sizes, choice of baffling or none, and cost an average of $150.  
Just some thoughts to consider now or later.

IP Logged
joeyt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #514 - 02/05/19 at 05:25:53

That's all sound advice. I was actually considering a pk92(?) Uni filter, but wasnt sure if the slightly smaller flange would be detrimental. I appreciate your help greatly, sir.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #515 - 02/05/19 at 06:28:26

joeyt wrote on 02/05/19 at 05:25:53:
That's all sound advice. I was actually considering a pk92(?) Uni filter, but wasnt sure if the slightly smaller flange would be detrimental. I appreciate your help greatly, sir.

If the pk92 has the correct inside diameter on the flange it will work.
The stock carb has a 57mm OD on the filter side to fit a 57mm ID flange on the filter.  I just don't have those in stock, I carry the 63mm ID filters for the VM carbs.

IP Logged
Mechaniac
YaBB Newbies

Lisa

Magnolia, Texas, USA
Reply #516 - 02/10/19 at 18:07:38

I just wanted to give a recommendation for Lancer's jet kit.  I recently sent messages back and forth with him and he put together a re-jet kit along with a Dial-A-Jet kit for my wife's Savage.  I installed it about a month ago but with the colder weather I've had only a few trips with these parts.  Well the bike fires right up without nearly as much choke and I can actually completely remove the choke after a couple minutes or a mile.  Before it seemed I had to leave the choke on forever to keep it running right.  Power has gone up a noticeable amount.  Throttle response is instant and smooth.  The first time I went full throttle and shifted into 2nd gear the tire bounced up off the road as I let out the clutch and reopened the throttle!  I don't know if it would do that before because I never tried but I wasn't trying that time either.  I didn't understand what all the "need" was for steeper gearing but after the jetting I kept looking for another gear on the highway as the engine just wanted to pull up without being forced.  I can't tell you about mileage because the bike hasn't been used long enough to establish a baseline but it runs like a champ.

Thanks for a great product.  
Vernon

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #517 - 02/11/19 at 07:33:46

Good news !
Have you had opportunity to fine tune a little ?

IP Logged
Mechaniac
YaBB Newbies

Lisa

Magnolia, Texas, USA
Reply #518 - 02/11/19 at 10:10:31

When I had it on the bench the float was factory set way high so I adjusted it to spec.  The clear fuel supply hose on the Dial-A-Jet allows for level checking at any time and it's now right below the gasket level.  I had the idle screw 2.5 turns out and it started and ran but once I got time to get it hot it needed about another 3/4 turn to get perfect.  I haven't tried adjusting the Dial-A-Jet yet, if it improves much I'll be shocked and pleased.  Runs really nice and strong.

Vernon

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #519 - 02/11/19 at 12:41:31

Mechaniac wrote on 02/11/19 at 10:10:31:
When I had it on the bench the float was factory set way high so I adjusted it to spec.  The clear fuel supply hose on the Dial-A-Jet allows for level checking at any time and it's now right below the gasket level.  I had the idle screw 2.5 turns out and it started and ran but once I got time to get it hot it needed about another 3/4 turn to get perfect.  I haven't tried adjusting the Dial-A-Jet yet, if it improves much I'll be shocked and pleased.  Runs really nice and strong.

Vernon

At 2.5 turns out the pilot ideally needs to go up one size already, but
since you said it needed to go out 3/4 more that would call for another step up one more size.  So 2 total & set the pilot screw back to 1.5 turns out and start the tune process again.
Get the low & mid range dialed in before adjusting the high range with the DAJ.  It will save time and effort.

IP Logged
vandaman

Not all who wander
are lost

georgia
Reply #520 - 03/04/19 at 16:24:17

If like a jet set and gasket can you send me invoice at PayPal csyburke121@yahoo.com.

Bike info 2006 S40
Mods front fender delete, mini ape style bars, solo seat, boat trailer read fender, turn signal delete, free flow exhaust, ed.l forward controls, and pegs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #521 - 03/06/19 at 06:51:47

vandaman wrote on 03/04/19 at 16:24:17:
If like a jet set and gasket can you send me invoice at PayPal csyburke121@yahoo.com.

Will do; also answered by PM.

IP Logged
LiftdT4R
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #522 - 03/11/19 at 08:29:56

Paypal sent for jet and screw kit, thanks!!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #523 - 03/12/19 at 03:00:10

LiftdT4R wrote on 03/11/19 at 08:29:56:
Paypal sent for jet and screw kit, thanks!!

Okie dokie !

IP Logged
LiftdT4R
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #524 - 03/15/19 at 07:03:28

Do you sell the UNI filters for the stock carb with the Ryca kit? Or, do you know which model will work?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 39
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 19:15:52

General CategoryThe Marketplace › JETSETS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.