Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Muffler options with Ryca rearsets (Read 132 times)
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Muffler options with Ryca rearsets
05/10/12 at 21:04:56

Other than the Ryca kit muffler, what are other aftermarket muffler options that will fit with the Ryca rearsets? Any that fit w/o the adapter?

Looking for a pipe that is not quite as loud as the Ryca muffler.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Muffler options with Ryca rearsets
Reply #1 - 05/14/12 at 04:26:21

I have a Supertrapp on my LS650.  It is a bit loud but not offensive.  At cruising speeds the engine makes more noise than the exhaust, and it is loud only when you roll on the throttle hard.  I have never heard the RYCA kit muffler to compare it with the Supertrapp.

There is one RYCA shown in the "Custormers Bikes" section of the RYCA website that uses the SuperTrapp muffler.

sheehan3.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/14/12 at 08:38:55

Dave wrote on 05/14/12 at 04:26:21:
I have a Supertrapp on my LS650.  It is a bit loud but not offensive.  At cruising speeds the engine makes more noise than the exhaust, and it is loud only when you roll on the throttle hard.  I have never heard the RYCA kit muffler to compare it with the Supertrapp.

There is one RYCA shown in the "Custormers Bikes" section of the RYCA website that uses the SuperTrapp muffler.

I've heard good things about the Supertrapp muffler. I am interested in it because you can tweak the sound.  
What brackets did you need to get for it to fit?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 05/15/12 at 03:43:35

My bike came with the SuperTrapp already installed and it looks like it was made for the bike.  The head pipe to muffler connection is made without any adapter, there is a small heat sheild at this connection, and the muffler attaches to the original mount with 2 bolts into the bracket on the muffler.  I believe the following eBay listing is for the muffler I have......pretty darn expensive and I am glad it came with the bike.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERTRAPP-MEGAPHONE-MUFFLER-CHR-SUZUKI-650-SAVAGE-/2...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 05/15/12 at 06:04:30

If you get that Trapp,, go ahead & get a 6 pack of baffles, Itll save ya the postage later.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #5 - 05/15/12 at 07:05:36

A supertrapp is basically a can with holes in it where you can adjust how many holes you want in order to come up with a compromise on noise vs backpressure.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Reply #6 - 05/15/12 at 11:01:14

One issue is that the Ryca kit deletes the stock muffler mounting bracket.
That bracket is replaced by a strap between the rearset bracket and the muffler rail mount. Also the cable for the rear brake actuation is replaced by a metal rod. These modifications limit the type of aftermarket exhaust that will fit with the brake rod and the strap-to-rearset mounting. Too heavy or wide won't work. I tried a Supertrapp megaphone  http://www.ebay.com/itm/370524141513?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m...(not the Supertrapp pictured above) and decided it was a no go without significant fitting work.

'96 Savage - now a Ryca CS-1
WWW BuckRYCA BuckRYCA   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:26:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Muffler options with Ryca rearsets

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.